Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Points are the main thing, but the issue with it is 6 points is pretty much always enough to go through, so if a boring wrestler just wrestlefucks two decisions they'll still likely get there.
Right. Since points are the main thing, the theoretical first round finisher who gets injured and misses the second fight but is ready by the time the playoffs start should also get in.

That is the scenario that I don't think has happened yet so we don't know for sure how it's handled.

boring uneventful rounds only looked half decent in the eighth round this is a clear case of Tyson not taking him seriously so him looking bad made Francis "look good"
This theory should have went out the window the second fury allowed himself actually to get dropped by ngannou.

Time to come clean.

This forum was an absolute embarrassment when it came to discussing Ngannou. You spend so much time watching HW boxing and yet you still have no understanding of it.

I thought Fury would walk through Francis. I was wrong. But I also maintained that Francis would quite likely be a top 20 HW boxer before even competing in it. I was laughed at.

And it's not because you underestimated Francis. it's because you ridiculously overrated HW boxing and didn't understand how far Francis' physical attributes could take him.

Deontay Wilder, with his episodes of boxing like a complete mong, is right there in front of you eyes. And yet you all acted like because Francis isn't Pernell Whitaker, that some random HW bums could physically compete with him.

Time to wake up from your idiotic fantasy that HW boxing is some deep well of technical talent.

This theory should have went out the window the second fury allowed himself actually to get dropped by ngannou.
He went off script he was just ad libbing you know just riffing he'll stick to the plot in the rematch.

It's heavyweight boxing, NGannou is 270 lbs. It's embarrassing to compare Fury to Mayweather. Conor had a much taller task even with all the advantages he had size wise and Floyd being 40.

Im.so fucking tired of the likes of Rogan, Shaub, etc saying Fury is the best ever. Just irks me to no end as a boxing head that these dudes say that. Part of me is happy Fury looked like shit. I've been beating the Fury is overrated train for years. He beat an old Wlad in a TERRIBLE fight. He got suspended for roids and retired playing the mental health thing up. Then he beat Wilder who beat who?

Wilder took up boxing at 21 years old and used power and poor boxing to win a title. Not that much different than NGannou tbh. Fury clearly took NGannou lightly, but he had thisncoming. I'm just salty Usyk wasn't the one to do it.

Time to come clean.

This forum was an absolute embarrassment when it came to discussing Ngannou. You spend so much time watching HW boxing and yet you still have no understanding of it.

I thought Fury would walk through Francis. I was wrong. But I also maintained that Francis would quite likely be a top 20 HW boxer before even competing in it. I was laughed at.

And it's not because you underestimated Francis. it's because you ridiculously overrated HW boxing and didn't understand how far Francis' physical attributes could take him.

Deontay Wilder, with his episodes of boxing like a complete mong, is right there in front of you eyes. And yet you all acted like because Francis isn't Pernell Whittaker, that some random HW bums could physically compete with him.

Time to wake up from your idiotic fantasy that HW boxing is some deep well of technical talent.

I thought and still think Usyk would dominate Fury, i have nothing to admit. Guys in lower weight classes would smash any elite mma striker because they're not complete shitheads like Fury.

HW boxing has been a joke for ages and it isn't getting better any time soon.

I would love for Frank to go fight in PFL multiple times a year now and use his increased stock to give them a massive profile boost so they can become a decent competitor to the UFC.

Unfortunately after that fight hes probably never fighting in MMA again. Or if he does its when hes 40+ and the boxing paydays have run dry.

Right. Since points are the main thing, the theoretical first round finisher who gets injured and misses the second fight but is ready by the time the playoffs start should also get in.

That is the scenario that I don't think has happened yet so we don't know for sure how it's handled.

I'm not sure tbh. You'd think they would but it's PFL and they fuck the vast majority of things up so there's probably some rule against it.

Wilder has more speed and he hit fury flush. Wilder has a very good delivery system for that punch.

Ngannou can punch just as hard but is a different body and technique.

i would think some sadism would have to be in a person's character too. In the netflix docu, "Killer Sally" her husband (the man she killed) poked out a guys eyes when he worked as a bouncer, didn't get arrested for it, which is bullshit unless there was some circumstances like deadly weapons involved but it didn't sound that way. Sounded like a case of roid rage. That sounded sickening though, the daughter recounted how the man came home in a frenzy and blood all over him. Maybe it's just me but a little spat in a bar shouldn't result in someone losing their sight forever. Life and death, ok, but not dumb shit. It's beyond sport and the funny thing is, the less rules you have, the less talent and skill a person needs to do damage.

The issue is that those lesser rules also apply to the trained individual and they actually understand how to use those extra options from a position of dominance.

That's the issue with martial arts or "street fighters" who think they will suddenly win because they can nut shot or eye gouge. They think that they are somehow special because of these options on the assumption that their opponent won't just use their actual training to also eye gouge and nut shot them.

Sure occasionally you catch a lucky knockout in a street fight, but more often than not the person who has trained wins.

I’ve been watching Boxing since Lewis. Have to admit wasn’t expecting much from Nganou but I’ve never thought the current crop of heavies are anything remotely special compared to the 90s era. I think they aren’t as tough and skilled back then whilst they are bigger men which gives them perhaps an edge in the physical department.

Nganou certainly done better than expected. Fury beat Wlad in one of the worse heavyweight championship bouts I’ve watched. Wilder was a decent win I’ll give him that but I can’t say I’m convinced in the Fury hype.

Outside of Klitschko, Wilder, what has Fury done that’s so remarkable?

Bro ...

Ive been saying it since day 1 that combat sport fans in general underestimated and overrate every god damn thing and that they were never the yellow from an egg. On top of that they are the most insecure fan base and full of double standards.

Why i like the new gen HW is a combination of everything and not really just a skill thing:

Joshua: He isnt a natural born fighter, just a smart man who showed amazin athlecism at different disciplines like the 100m sprint. But he still managed to achieve the highest level in side the ring and outside the ring he reached world wide star level status, thats without the help of trash talk.

Fury: A combo of Furys size, athlecism and super good mic skills.

Wilder: P4P monster

The entry level when it comes to combat sports is low and the bigger the weight class, the easier it becomes.

Last edited:
Lol revisionist history is silly. Lewis landed literally 1 singular head strike in that fight. I'm serious. 1. Look it up. That fight was nothing more than Francis confidence and motivation being gone and having an existential crisis after his meteoric rise and fall to Stipe in his prior bout. Francis came back better and took the belt and defended. BB quits under the big lights.

I remember Ngannou clearly speaking about this during an interview.
First time i see someone telling this objectively.

Even if Ngannou somehow connects Fury will recover very quick. He has a an iron chin & took Wilder's best hits.

The fight took so long to start and I work overnight. Woke up during the 9th and Francis looked gassed while Fury looked fresh, but was not engaging. I was shocked to learn that he was knocked down.

One thing I distinctly remember is Bradley being quiet as a mouse. He must have been shocked too

People will tell themselves that Frank is the only MMA guy who possibly could have hung in boxing at that level, among the many other coping mechanism damage control narratives that will be constructed over the years.

Most of these experts have never been in a real fight. The truth of the matter is that if you fight a 270 pound man who's all muscle, hits like a truck and has a chin carved out of granite, you better take him very seriously, or risk getting dropped on your ass like Fury was.

Even Bob freakin' Sapp had some success in kickboxing and MMA purely because of his size and strength.

Back