News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
Not sure where I fall on this one.

Sure, I’m excited to read one of them unified the next day when I wake up. But I’m not so sure I’m actually excited to see the fight that bad. It might be very good, and the marbles are on the line, I just see a boring style clash potentially. I’ll prolly still watch, but tbh I’m probably more excited to see shot Wilder vs Zhang entertainment wise.

Hoping for a Usyk win, end the farcical fury era.

Not sure where I fall on this one.

Sure, I’m excited to read one of them unified the next day when I wake up. But I’m not so sure I’m actually excited to see the fight that bad. It might be very good, and the marbles are on the line, I just see a boring style clash potentially. I’ll prolly still watch, but tbh I’m probably more excited to see shot Wilder vs Zhang entertainment wise.

Hoping for a Usyk win, end the farcical fury era.
keep up son, the other fight isnt even on the same card

keep up son, the other fight isnt even on the same card
I never said it was. The outcome of Wilder/Zhang is just fun to think about, but nothing on the line really but pride and continued marketability for one of ‘em. The outcome of Fury/Usyk decides pretty much everything in the division “once and for all (until next time)”. The context of the fight isn’t really selling me on the fight. That’s what I actually meant.

Not good for Usyk. This guy allowed Horn to outright maul Pac. He'll probably allow Fury to get really rough in there. Managing distance just became even more important for the Ukrainian.
It’s not good for Usyk at all and if Fury manages to pull off a win via dirty tactics then he’s scum. I’ve lost respect for Fury over the years and he doesn’t deserve the win tbh. If he wins decisively with no controversy then I can respect that. But having this ref raises eyebrows.

It’s not good for Usyk at all and if Fury manages to pull off a win via dirty tactics then he’s scum. I’ve lost respect for Fury over the years and he doesn’t deserve the win tbh. If he wins decisively with no controversy then I can respect that. But having this ref raises eyebrows.
Promoter and boxing business wants Fury to win.
Usyk will need to stop Fury in distance in order to win this one...while this too might happen. Small chance and still....
Usyk hits harder than Cunningham and younger Fury version was more difficult to hit properly....

I hope we get a decent fight, and obviously I'm biased, I've been pulling for Fury for years, he's the first HW champion Manchester has ever had. The ref will hopefully be under massive scrutiny, and I want the best man to win. Fury gets plenty of shit, but knowing that background, smoke and mirrors is not uncommon. I want an undisputed champion, and Usyk is and always has been the real deal, if Fury somehow pulls this off, and my confidence has admittedly rescinded, I hope it's on merit. End of for me.

People lining up excuses for Usyk already. Lets wait until the fight actually happens before we start calling the ref corrupt and incompetent.

People lining up excuses for Usyk already. Lets wait until the fight actually happens before we start calling the ref corrupt and incompetent.
At first find excuses for Fury about 5 years long talks about possible fight vs A.J and 0 delivered. I do know that you hate european boxers, especially eastern European boxers, nothing wrong.
However Fury had 3 fights vs Chisora despite all these had won and had part time pro boxer in Wallin ....find excuses for him for this?
You literally are cancer in this forum and everyone knows this.

At first find excuses for Fury about 5 years long talks about possible fight vs A.J and 0 delivered. I do know that you hate european boxers, especially eastern European boxers, nothing wrong.
However Fury had 3 fights vs Chisora despite all these had won and had part time pro boxer in Wallin ....find excuses for him for this?
None of this has anything to do with my post. I understand english is not your first language, and I'm trying to respect that but be sure of what you're saying to someone before you say it.

I'd not bet against Fury, but have concerns about his lack of activity.
I'd have preferred if he could've faced AJ earlier on and then retired or something.

If the fight does go ahead, then at least it's a step in the right direction for the division. Though not at all interested in a rematch if the outcome is conclusive.

Usyk has potential to cause him serious problems. I think Fury will look to smother and go to the body

Last edited:

This was always my concern for this fight. Usyks team should be prepared to to give concessions elsewhere but not with the ref. Maybe they are happy with him or don’t think it will be a key issue in the fight?

Cancer? He’s one of the best posters here, just because he doesn’t agree and won’t change his stance doesn’t make him inevitable death to a forum, individuals like Seano are what makes a forum interesting. Differing opinions.

This was always my concern for this fight. Usyks team should be prepared to to give concessions elsewhere but not with the ref. Maybe they are happy with him or don’t think it will be a key issue in the fight?
I hope so. I just haven’t been very confident with Fury lately.

I hope so. I just haven’t been very confident with Fury lately.

Not sure if this is true but I’ve heard the ref is affiliated with all the organisations except the WBC? The only belt that usyk doesn’t hold. So hopefully they’ll be no funny business. He was terrible in the pac/horn fight though which doesn’t bode well for the smaller fighter

Not sure if this is true but I’ve heard the ref is affiliated with all the organisations except the WBC? The only belt that usyk doesn’t hold. So hopefully they’ll be no funny business. He was terrible in the pac/horn fight though which doesn’t bode well for the smaller fighter
Yep I’ve read the same. I’m still waiting on confirmations from better sources.

Thats a fair point. I think most of us just want to see a clean fight. Especially seeing how fury dealt with the last ‘little guy’ who was out boxing him. There doesn’t appear to be any disputes from the usyk camp so they are likely ok with the ref. That’s good enough for me

Back