News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed Heavyweight title fight is set to take place in Saudi Arabia on May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
Does anyone know if Fury was sparring Jay this time around or if he didnt risk it?

Thats a fair point. I think most of us just want to see a clean fight. Especially seeing how fury dealt with the last ‘little guy’ who was out boxing him. There doesn’t appear to be any disputes from the usyk camp so they are likely ok with the ref. That’s good enough for me

I don't see a clean fight here. I'm expecting Fury to use his weight and lean on Usyk, use his physical advantages, rabbit punch, and rough him up against the ropes, make it difficult for Usyk to get off his punches.

I could see a draw or a hotly contested decision here, and controversy.

The bookies are 15/1 for a draw which speaks volumes. I think a draw or a Majority/Split decision is a high probability here and folks will be talking about this fight for years to come about the outcome. I hope I'm dead wrong though!

Don’t like fury coming in light as hell … last time he did that he looked like shit and almost lost via bad cut

He's gonna box with him is all I can think.
That's what I think as well. On another note the latest issue of the Ring Magazine has cool cover art of the two. Old school theme.
april-2024-cover-308x432b.jpg

Nyika vs Seitz

Nyika reminds me of Tony Yoka, only he has a lot more power in his hands. Good pressure and catch n counter style can disrupt him. He's open to that left hook in exchanges. Nyika can dictate the fight behind the jab and bait him to the rear. He has the reach with which he can control the line of the shot and come out at an angle. If Seitz can handle his shots can win this fight, via pressure and constantly work to gas him out... but I don't believe in that.

Nyika KO/TKO RD 4

Lowe vs Ahmadi

Hasib has that bodywork and classic combinations, cross - lead bodyhook, jab - rear bodyhook... Lowe keeps his hands low, it's hard to find his liver... He is much more defensively disciplined in the pocket. Hasib does not have a plan B, Lowe will dip and come out at an angle and outwork him from a distance.

Lowe DEC

Itauma vs Mezencev

Mezencev was overwhelmed with his defensive reactions. Itauma does everything tight (head movement and punching) he can capitulate with the counters over Mezencev. Swipe left overhand.

Itauma KO/TKO RD 3

Lapin vs Pudivitr

Lapin will destroy him with those in n out moves. Octavio doesn't understand corners, the only thing Lapin needs to do is cut him constantly with a jab at every entrance, pivot and reset to the center. Octavio can test if the body is his weak point.

Lapin DEC

Sanchez vs Kabayel

Sanchez fits Kabayel stylistically. The Cuban has a surgically precise jab and boxers who slowly build up the moment for their flurry counter them nicely with a check hook or bob n weave counter and clinch. I expect him to screw him strategically, with the fact that he will make a big output from a distance, and not allow him to work in the pocket, with a change of angles, counter and clinch.

Sanchez UD

Chamberlain vs Wahab

Wahab falls with all his weight to one side doing head movement and hitting, that cannot happen at this level. Chamberlain will destroy him with lean back counters and long combinations.

Chamberlain 8 RD KO/TKO

Kovalev vs Safar

It's all about who can make more output at someone else's distance. I think that Kovalev will hit clean shots and that he can meet him in the pocket with a check lead hook or a rear uppercut.

Kovalev UD

Cordina vs Cacace

This could be similar to Taylor vs Catterall. For the more unconventional boxer to win. Cacace always gives maximum and that is alarming at the start. He will throw that abnormally big volume, so whoever can see it off is the favorite. Cacace overcommits with his punches, Cordina can capitulate to that with great counters in the half beat, but I'll go for it that he won't be able to knock him out.

Cacace UD

Opetaia vs Brieidis

Briedis receives too much in the guy, Opetaia has improved since their last fight, while Briedis is on the decline of his career. Opetaia will destroy him with uppercuts, his hearing is inevitable cut in 12 rounds. He is much more mobile and will be a hard target for Briedis.

Opetaia KO/TKO RD 10

Fury vs Usyk

I expect Fury to enter in like a second fight against Wilder. Mexican style eat the space, pressure, left hook, bodywork and add clinch to gas him. Usyk isn't natural heavyweight and can't handle his shots. Both will have a hard time finding clean shots. In that low stance, he will find his liver in 12 rounds, I believe.

Fury KO/TKO RD 8

Last edited:
Damn I'm so anxious for this fight. A heavyweight unification fight is rare now a days. It's just special. I'm torn on who to root for. Regardless of the outcome, boxing wins.

I'm thinking he worked hard enough to lose some fat but probably not long enough to build muscle mass.
Could well be. For the record I think he looks good, and I have higher hopes for this fight now than I did after the Francis fight.

In 2018 (I have the tweet to prove it) I said Usyk would move up to HW and beat AJ, Wilder, and Fury. Then after seeing Fury look dominant I thought Fury may win if the fight ever happened.

Now, I'm back to thinking Usyk wins this. We can make all the excuses we want for Fury, but the reality is, he arguably lost to Ngannou (I had him winning) and hasn't really fought anyone worth noting since Wilder in 2021, where he was nearly KO'd. I have a lot of questions about Fury at the moment. He is a loose-cannon and obviously doesn't train seriously at times, which you cannot say about Usyk. Usyk is always locked in and I can see him boxing his way to a decision. In fact, as crazy as it sounds, I can see Usyk's speed causing Fury a ton of problems and possibly scoring knockdowns.

Usyk in a clear decision that probably ends up a SD/MD because the obvious money fight is AJ-Fury. We've already seen this with Usyk's fights against AJ.

Back