Uber, Lyft Drivers Earning A Median Profit Of $3.37 Per Hour

So why are they working for Uber again?
cos they dont have to pay to go through expensive licensing and testing , an electric car would cut their fuel bills, a guy with a small taxi firm of 10 cars in cornwall has 7 electric and two petrol, he said he saved 10 grand a year each on the electrics in fuel alone, servicing is cheaper as well.

So they compared all driver's self-reported incomes with every single car expense including personal e.g. car insurance from external sources such as Edmonds. It's a highly flawed study that wasn't even edited correctly.

Perhaps they should put down the cheetos and Xbox controller and get a real job?

I know a guy who is/was driving for Uber exclusively and he was making a couple of hundred dollars a day. On the weekends he was making even more.

Granted this is in New York City. It's not Anderson Silva money but it's certainly not $3.37 per hour. Unless things have dramatically changed in the very recent past.

I asked my Lyft driver last night how much he makes an hour. He told me he averages 15 dollars working for Lyft which is to be fair a different company.

He isn't counting the money he spends on gas or the depreciation on his vehicle, 2 factors which the study took into account which most drivers don't take the time to calculate. Driving your car for a living, you're going to spend a boatload on gas and maintenance.

Supporting cabs in 2018 is just openly admitting that you're too stupid to be of value to society. It's awesome to see these troglodytes openly advertise their stupidity via virtue signaling too.

He isn't counting the money he spends on gas or the depreciation on his vehicle, 2 factors which the study took into account which most drivers don't take the time to calculate. Driving your car for a living, you're going to spend a boatload on gas and maintenance.

He claimed that was his net after costs including gas.

Uber driving is just a way to sell drugs, that's how it's supposed to work.

Quick someone tell me about the wonders of the unregulated market and how competition works for everybody.

And while, you're at it, make sure to dump on the medallion system that allowed cabbies to make a living for generations.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...g-a-median-profit-of-3-37-per-hour-study-says

This thread reveals how this type of data gets dealt with by market cultists.

Axiom: "Minimally regulated labor markets are the best thing we can do for workers if we're concerned about wages being too low."

Critique: "So what do you say about these self-contractor Lyft drivers making an average $3.37 per hour?"

Response: "No one forced these drivers to enter a minimally regulated labor market by working for Lyft."

And it really sucks when they have to do taxes. .

They have nothing in with holding and have never done a schedule C before

He claimed that was his net after costs including gas.

I guess there's no way to verify this. Having driven for Uber and Favor though I find that to be extremely unlikely. Unless he is working part time and he only works on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Also if you are somewhere other than the US they probably have different labor laws and they might make more. I live in one of the 10 largest cities in the US and after vehicle maintenance and gas I probably made about 8-9$ an hour and I only worked at night.

Also, with Uber, most people don't tip, so people claiming that that's where the majority of the money comes from are just wrong - about 90% of your income is going to be from the fares. I've had times where I worked at nonpeak hours and made about 6$ an hour before expenses, so if you aren't working at peak hours it's absolutely brutal.

Wait until self aware cars replace them.

Knight-Rider.jpg

Waymo is rolling out self driving taxis in Phoenix this year.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...nches-self-driving-minivans-fiat-chrysler/amp

"If drivers are fully able to capitalize on these losses for tax purposes, 73.5% of an estimated U.S. market $4.8B in annual ride-hailing driver profit is untaxed,"

Just going to leave this here for the "who cares" crew.

I guess there's no way to verify this. Having driven for Uber and Favor though I find that to be extremely unlikely. Unless he is working part time and he only works on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Also if you are somewhere other than the US they probably have different labor laws and they might make more. I live in one of the 10 largest cities in the US and after vehicle maintenance and gas I probably made about 8-9$ an hour and I only worked at night.

Also, with Uber, most people don't tip, so people claiming that that's where the majority of the money comes from are just wrong - about 90% of your income is going to be from the fares. I've had times where I worked at nonpeak hours and made about 6$ an hour before expenses, so if you aren't working at peak hours it's absolutely brutal.
Wait a minute, your personal experience is in disagreement with what several posters itt "have heard."

You must be lying.

So why are they working for Uber again?
Probably because they heard it was a much better deal than it is; hence, the 96% turnover rate.

Last edited:
How? I have two friends who drive. They make 50 bucks a night on average for some supplemental income they said. Plus they like being able to drive for an hour or two and make some beer money if they have nothing else going on

Does the study not include tips? I always leave a $5 tip if the driver was helpful or just pleasant in any way. $5 plus that 3.75 per hour isn't bad for driving me and my wife 12 minutes home from the bar or from a sporting event to our hotel

Back