UFC 177 is a huge disrespect to everybody involved.

Baianada

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
- It's both disrespecting to Bar

Last edited:
They should have just kept the MM title fight on this card and 178 still would outsell this card. The sum of both cards would probably be higher though.

UFC has been shitty for a while IMO , Dana told everyone at UFC 73 that all future cards would be stacked. , lying sack of shit :)

It's just out right crazy that there is not 1 more single fight to peak my interest

I don't see how anyone can disagree. Its the worst ppv they've ever put on in my opinion. I bought 173 cuz it had Lawler vs Ellenberger and Cormier vs Hendo to back up what I thought would be a blowout main event. Then TJ puts on one of the greatest performances of all time and it made it a great night. I really wanna see how Barao looks this time around, and Im curious to see if TJ can pull it off again, but there is no way I can justify a purchase. Its so weak its mind boggling.

UFC has been shitty for a while IMO , Dana told everyone at UFC 73 that all future cards would be stacked. , lying sack of shit :)

Well I'm sure he didn't know he would have more pre madonna's fighting for him

Everyone on the main card, except for the main event, has never been on a main event PPV card before. Some haven't been on a main event at all. And this wasn't an injury plagued card, only one fight was moved from the original card.

Don't know about the disrespect but this is definitely a business blunder now matter how you look at it. A company is devaluing its product and alienating its core customer base by offering a subpar product so that they can use their resources to open new international markets. If those intl markets don't open the UFC is fucked because the core fan base is jumping ship so then they will have nothing.

I don't see how anyone can disagree. Its the worst ppv they've ever put on in my opinion. I bought 173 cuz it had Lawler vs Ellenberger and Cormier vs Hendo to back up what I thought would be a blowout main event. Then TJ puts on one of the greatest performances of all time and it made it a great night. I really wanna see how Barao looks this time around, and Im curious to see if TJ can pull it off again, but there is no way I can justify a purchase. Its so weak its mind boggling.

Right there with you
Sucks beyond

Everyone involved? Incase you've forgotten fighters do fight.

I think UFC wants to see what their baseline number is for PPVs. It's kind of an experiment.

Previously it was around 200k. Meaning you could have the worst PPV card possible and you would still have 200k buying the show. Then that number dropped to 150k. Now it's probably going to be 75k.

It's going to be embarrassing but it will be a way for them to see the number of diehard fans they have left and hopefully adjust business from there.

UFC 177 no hespect nahting

Agreed. I mean hell couldn't they have saved the Tyron Woodley and DHK fight for this card? At least that would be a better co-main.

I think UFC wants to see what their baseline number is for PPVs. It's kind of an experiment.

Previously it was around 200k. Meaning you could have the worst PPV card possible and you would still have 200k buying the show. Then that number dropped to 150k. Now it's probably going to be 75k.

It's going to be embarrassing but it will be a way for them to see the number of diehard fans they have left and hopefully adjust business from there.

Ya I'm curious to find out how it does

and those yuppies don't even show up 'til the main card.

Here you go again, hating on those who don't watch every prelim. Your so hardcore you don't train mma at all so you can sit on the couch and watch every fight. That's super hardcore bro. Us guys who bang in the cage every other day and only catch the fights that pique are interest, aren't real mma fans

They stacked Mousasi/Jacare card and not the PPV.

I mean they could've put Overeem vs Rothwell there as co-main, Lauzon/Chiesa and Oliveira/lentz and trade Ferguson/Castillo, Betch/Baszler and Ramsey/Ferreira.

It's weird, maybe it's more scheduling problems?

Here you go again, hating on those who don't watch every prelim. Your so hardcore you don't train mma at all so you can sit on the couch and watch every fight. That's super hardcore bro. Us guys who bang in the cage every other day and only catch the fights that pique are interest, aren't real mma fans

I'm sure those Vegas Yuppies are too busy training MMA to show up to the prelims. I bet the chicks with the fake tits and botox-filled clown lips train the hardest. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back