PBP UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic Main Card PBP (Discussion) 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Ruined my goddamn parlay. Had Rua and Barbarena in the main and the rest were good until Fabricio Rousey fought stupidly. 0 defenses.

CieJ0QCVEAATS9g.jpg

WTF with Werdum, catch a case of Aldo-itis leading with that chin and giving away the belt Werdum got cracked...

Werdum is giving an interview. Said Stipe was better than him, that Werdum was maybe a bit nervous a bit overconfident and that in HW one punch is enough. Said he has a good chin but that his lights were out bevause Stipe hit him in the button. Believes he's still more complete than Stipe but he should've been more careful and didn't need to rush so much in a 5 round fight.

Whelp. What do you have to say now?

You don't count out any HW
I say congrats to Stipe, that's what.

I'm not a delusional Conor fan, I can admit when my fighter is sub-par or off.

Werdum fucked himself tonight. He may very well had lost the fight anyway, but he robbed us from a great fight, it was good and competitive early. Disappointing that he would rush like that.

Not much else to say.

Overeem going to win that title now.
I feel that Stipe is a tougher matchup than Werdum due to his power.

Werdum doesn't really have power in his hands, so I think Overeem had a better shot against him.

Power is Overeem's main weakness. So Stipe is a dangerous fight for him.

Stipe vs. Overeem is tough to call IMO.

Overeem going to win that title now.

I think it's far more likely that Reem gets back to his getting KTFO ways. Stipe fights with a ton of discipline and has a great chin. That's not a good combo for Reem. Sure, he fights a lot smarter on the feet these days, but at some point I figure he'll walk into something and take a nap.

LOicMJA.gif

I was fully prepared for Stipe possibly outfighting Werdum to take the title but what happened is just so silly it's hard to comprehend it actually went down like that.

Only thing I feel bad about is that it happened in his home country, would've liked to see him defend it at least this time, other than that I'm OK with it, it comes with the job.

On my "Smart TV" it tellz me the press conference starts in 26 min. (1:30 EST USA) but on the UFC website it just showz comercialz & sayz "stay tuned."

Last edited:
I say congrats to Stipe, that's what.

I'm not a delusional Conor fan, I can admit when my fighter is sub-par or off.

Werdum fucked himself tonight. He may very well had lost the fight anyway, but he robbed us from a great fight, it was good and competitive early. Disappointing that he would rush like that.

Not much else to say.

I am so glad Miocic won. To think that Werdum cancelled the original 196 to prepare more for Stipe only to pull of a Matt Riddle inspired combination. Also he was pretty annoying this whole week leading up to the fight. Werdum is still a legit Heavyweight though.

Werdum is giving an interview. Said Stipe was better than him, that Werdum was maybe a bit nervous a bit overconfident and that in HW one punch is enough. Said he has a good chin but that his lights were out bevause Stipe hit him in the button. Believes he's still more complete than Stipe but he should've been more careful and didn't need to rush so much in a 5 round fight.

I mean Werdum has decent striking, but he was never a rush-in kind of guy. There are some explosive fighters that this works well for, but not Werdum. I don't know what he was thinking.

WTF with Werdum, catch a case of Aldo-itis leading with that chin and giving away the belt Werdum got cracked...

Worst part is he had the chance to adjust while Aldo didn't.

Watching some of the gifs already posted, Miocic tagged him while rushing forward prior to the KO, and he still kept doing it.

Second time he did it, well, we all saw what happened.

LOicMJA.gif

I was fully prepared for Stipe possibly outfighting Werdum to take the title but what happened is just so silly it's hard to comprehend it actually went down like that.
Excellent vid. I called Stipe on this one but I waz so looking forward to seeing more of their stylez mixing before it happened. oh well... Welcome to MMA right? haha.

Still can't believe it. The guy who fought such a good, disciplined fight against Cain goes and pulls that shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back