• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 205: Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez PBP (Discussion)

I fookin like Conor but the irony is Eddie is going to pimpslap the sh*t outta him tonight.

The pre fight shenanigans are nearly as much fun as the fights. How much of an effect that can have on a fight is debatable, but Aldo seemed to lose because of it. Eddie seems to of lost his initial "pep" which probably has more to do with the booing fans than McGregor. Got to feel sorry for the guy, especially as he is part Irish and close to home.

But he has struck some blows to Conor:
  • He said Conor isnt a real man for going on welfare. I didnt see that whole BBC interview but that could hurt. Nate riled Conor when he accused Conor of being born rich.
  • The secret claim was purpously stepping over the line which Eddie has warned Conor about, so he was in the right to say he has made 2 women pregnant, in his eyes.
  • He pushed a chair over close to Conor and that was like a scared animal springing into survival mode. Really embarassing for Conor when he looks back at that.
Should be a great fight if Eddie is confident enough to stay stood up plenty of the time. Eddie's won the psychological war imo. But Conor has remarkable IQ so it may not be a factor. There are certainly holes in his mind just like in his fighting skillset though.

Boy sherdog is going to be a real fun place after coner gets fucking outright tuned. And he will still be just a fucking clueless about his legacy as always. Guy is a fucking clown regardless of how many ko"s he has and there isn't many

How many hours until the Main card Starts?

salutations from F42!

I have an AV bet thread, see my sig, challenge people there instead and shame a Conor fan with like 30 others betting on Eddie to win including me.

Also, i cant even watch the fights, Doctor appointment... fml... no really, F.M.L. lol
Damn dude, sucks that you'll miss out on the fights :/

I hope it's a great main event. The winner will be remembered for a long time.

I goota go with McGregor to get the job done. Eddie has the ability to wrestle butI ddon't think his wrestling is elite and I think he will have a hard time closing the distance so he can shoot in.

He has solid boxing but his stand up style plays into the hands of McGregor and he simply isn't long enough.

I think if he does get the fight to the ground then he can score points and land shots but I don't think he will just slice through Conor.

Catching sloppy kicks could be a good way to get it downto the floor and then he can try tiring Conor whose cardio looks pretty bad. I think Alvarez wins it will be through a real grinding fight where he overcomes adveristy.

I have no preference for who wins but Eddie winning may be what's best for the sanity of mma.

Going for Conor tko rd 2.

I fookin like Conor but the irony is Eddie is going to pimpslap the sh*t outta him tonight.

Quit being stupid. Conor will beat the journey man Alvarez quite easily. Only an utter fool would say otherwise.

I goota go with McGregor to get the job done. Eddie has the ability to wrestle butI ddon't think his wrestling is elite and I think he will have a hard time closing the distance so he can shoot in.

He has solid boxing but his stand up style plays into the hands of McGregor and he simply isn't long enough.

I think if he does get the fight to the ground then he can score points and land shots but I don't think he will just slice through Conor.

Catching sloppy kicks could be a good way to get it downto the floor and then he can try tiring Conor whose cardio looks pretty bad. I think Alvarez wins it will be through a real grinding fight where he overcomes adveristy.

I have no preference for who wins but Eddie winning may be what's best for the sanity of mma.

Going for Conor tko rd 2.

Eddie may be able to take Mcgregor down at some point but he will not be able to keep him there. Of that, I have no doubt.

Ultimately, Alvarez is a journey man who is simply not in the same league as McGregor. Alvarez is in over his head and McGregor will dispatch of him quite easily.

["Tough Paddy, post: 123714257, member: 497121"]Eddie may be able to take Mcgregor down at some point but he will not be able to keep him there. Of that, I have no doubt.

Ultimately, Alvarez is a journey man who is simply not in the same league as McGregor. Alvarez is in over his head and McGregor will dispatch of him quite easily.[/QUOTE]
I think he could possible keep him there for a bit, especially after the first 2 rounds if it goes that far. He just won't slice through him easily. He could probably lay n pray on a tired McGregor effectively. He doesn't exactly have to worry about Conor throwing up a triangle or anything.

We shall see. I am fairly confident Conor wins.

This maybe the last of Sherdog as we know it.

giphy.gif

Make no mistake, I want Alvarez to win but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Like I've said before, off the top three contenders this is the best opportunity Conor will have to reach the LW belt, and the main reason it was set by the UFC brass, by passing the true contenders. Not to mention I'm not convinced the pressure hasn't gotten to Eddie as he claims.

Good thing is since I'm not emotionally invested, I'll be able to enjoy in full detail both the fight and the comment of fellow posters here.

Make no mistake, I want Alvarez to win but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Like I've said before, off the top three contenders this is the best opportunity Conor will have to reach the LW belt, and the main reason it was set by the UFC brass, by passing the true contenders. Not to mention I'm not convinced the pressure hasn't gotten to Eddie as he claims.

Good thing is since I'm not emotionally invested, I'll be able to enjoy in full detail both the fight and the comment of fellow posters here.

The excuses are pouring in already.

Back