UFC 208 is less than 6 weeks away...

FreeFace

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
..and there are no fights announced officially yet.

I was wondering if this is normal. I thought fighters need at least 8 week camp to get ready for the fight properly.
Are fighters being told in advance they will be fighting on the card to start training even if this is not 100 percent confirmed?

That being said, props to Holloway for willing to take on Aldo only 6 weeks after his last fight.

Announced bouts
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Glover Teixeira vs. Jared Cannonier
  • Heavyweight bout: Luis Henrique vs. Marcin Tybura
  • Welterweight bout: Ryan LaFlare vs. Roan Carneiro
probably Reis vs Sasaki is here, with Aldo vs Edgar headliner. Possibly Tyron vs Wonderoy 2 as a headliner, then Aldo/Max co-main. I assume Edgar fights Lamas here also

Main Card:
Tyron Woodley vs Wonderboy 2
Jose Aldo vs Max Holloway
Frankie Edgar vs Ricardo Lamas
Chris Weidman vs Krzysztof Jotko
Glover Teixeira vs Jared Cannonier

Announced bouts
probably Reis vs Sasaki is here, with Aldo vs Edgar headliner. Possibly Tyron vs Wonderoy 2 as a headliner, then Aldo/Max co-main. I assume Edgar fights Lamas here also

Main Card:
thanks bud.

Where did they announce it?

raw

Chris Weidman wants on. Pretty sure it'll be in good shape.

Announced bouts

Main Card:

If Woodley vs Wonderboy rematch was taking place on this card we would have known about it already. They've been holding out on the Holloway/Pettis winner to Main event against Aldo. Seems like Holloway is playing hardball, wants Christmas with his family and be there for his sons bday in early January. Said on the MMA Hour he wants to have Brunch with the new Mystery ownership lol. I think it will end up working out, but I'm not expecting much.

209 should be stacked though.

Aldo-Holloway is main and the rest of the dominoes will hopefully fall soon. JDS is due for a fight. Another draw and it'll do 300k buys.

Aldo-Holloway is main and the rest of the dominoes will hopefully fall soon. JDS is due for a fight. Another draw and it'll do 300k buys.

nope aldo pull out every other fight (it's a fact)
He didn't for UFC 205, he's due.

Holloway Vs ?

Dec 12th - Feb 11th looks like 2 months to me.

Mathematics that complicated are far beyond the capabilities of the average Shertard...Is normal.

And the head of the average crotch cricket would fuckin explode if you asked them how many weeks that is.

And it's actually closer to 9 weeks, than 8. If the date you supplied is correct. December, and January both have 31 days. I don't know how that guy came up with 6.

Back