UFC 217 is the best event ever

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
I always think about my favorite cards of all time, and the one that constantly comes up is UFC 217.

GSP vs Bisping: Double champ fight and it might of been GSP's most exciting fight. We saw him get hurt, but came back and fucked Bisping up and choked him unconscious.

GSP-Drops-Michael-Bisping-GIF.gif

75nO3x1.gif

TJ vs Cody: So much build up for this fight, both fighers nearly finished each other. Best 135 fight ever.
T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

Rose vs JJ: Rose came in a dethroned JJ and we could barely believe it.
PresentDependentDachshund-size_restricted.gif

Masvidal vs Thompson was super fun. LOL at Thompson's dad
WelldocumentedHarmlessDegus-size_restricted.gif

Costa vs Hendricks: Johnny looked scared and lost, and got destroyed.
PlayfulSneakyClam-size_restricted.gif

Vick vs Duffy was amazing.
AmazingCookedBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

OSP sent Anderson to the shadow realm
ConsiderateDescriptiveIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

Zahabi's brother got KTFO by a spinning elbow.
MellowIllfatedEquine-size_restricted.gif

Curtis Blaydes beat the shit out of Oleinik

From start to finish, I never got tired of the event. It just kept building and building up. Every fight got better and better as the event went on. Every result had me jumping out my chair and all of my picks won their fights. Every fight but two were KO's.

I would have to say that this is my favorite UFC ever.

Last edited:
I agree.

Got the poster on my wall, the best card of all time.

lolol.jpg

Conor - Mendes cards ppv portion was the best but prelims were pretty dull outside of the Matt Brown fight.

217 for sure is among the best ufc ones.

UFC 217 was great but I think UFC 199 is better
Cruz Faber 3 was one sided and boring but the rest of the card, including the undercard, was amazing

Last edited:
It was a great card on paper and it delivered. 3 champs handing over their belts. 3 awesome finishes.

And there were other big names on that card you didn't mention such as Wonderboy Vs Masvidal.

All in all, it was an amazing event. Easily one of the greatests.

I always think about my favorite cards of all time, and the one that constantly comes up is UFC 217.

GSP vs Bisping: Double champ fight and it might of been GSP's most exciting fight. We saw him get hurt, but came back and fucked Bisping up and choked him unconscious.

GSP-Drops-Michael-Bisping-GIF.gif

75nO3x1.gif

TJ vs Cody: So much build up for this fight, both fighers nearly finished each other. Best 135 fight ever.
T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

Rose vs JJ: Rose came in a dethroned JJ and we could barely believe it.
PresentDependentDachshund-size_restricted.gif

Costa vs Hendricks: Johnny looked scared and lost, and got destroyed.
PlayfulSneakyClam-size_restricted.gif

Vick vs Duffy was amazing.
AmazingCookedBlacklemur-size_restricted.gif

OSP sent Anderson to the shadow realm
ConsiderateDescriptiveIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

Zahabi's brother got KTFO by a spinning elbow.
MellowIllfatedEquine-size_restricted.gif

Curtis Blaydes beat the shit out of Oleinik

From start to finish, I never got tired of the event. It just kept building and building up. Every fight got better and better as the event went on. Every result had me jumping out my chair and all of my picks won their fights. Every fight but two were KO's.

I would have to say that this is my favorite UFC ever.
I was at 217. It was awesome. I watched the Zahabi fight, I think it was the first fight. I figured he would win. That elbow was crazy. I ran into Forrest Griffin on the street while I was waiting for my ride. We were talking what a great night it was. He couldn't stop talking about Rose. I paid a fortune for those tickets (20th row) but it was worth it. Great night!

UFC 189 main card stands out for me.
Almeida flying knee
Nelson fucking up Thatch
Stephens flying knee
Epic Robbie Lawlor vs MacDonald 2
To top it of with McGregor vs Mendes with the live music entries and KO in the second.
Chillz

Def. amongst the best but weird to watch nowadays seeing where all the top guys went.

It was a great card on paper and it delivered. 3 champs handing over their belts. 3 awesome finishes.

And there were other big names on that card you didn't mention such as Wonderboy Vs Masvidal.

All in all, it was an amazing event. Easily one of the greatests.

Edited.

best ufc event is UFC 139

Dan Henderson def. Maurício Rua Decision (unanimous) (48–47, 48–47, 48–47) 5 5:00
Middleweight Wanderlei Silva def. Cung Le KO (knees and punches) 2 4:49
Bantamweight Urijah Faber def. Brian Bowles Submission (guillotine choke) 2 1:27 [a]
Welterweight Martin Kampmann def. Rick Story Decision (split) (28–29, 30–27, 29–28) 3 5:00
Light Heavyweight Stephan Bonnar def. Kyle Kingsbury Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–25, 30–27) 3 5:00
Preliminary card (Spike TV)
Light Heavyweight Ryan Bader def. Jason Brilz KO (punch) 1 1:17
Bantamweight Michael McDonald def. Alex Soto KO (punches) 1 0:56
Preliminary card (Facebook)
Middleweight Chris Weidman def. Tom Lawlor Technical Submission (D'Arce choke) 1 2:07
Lightweight Gleison Tibau def. Rafael dos Anjos Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27) 3 5:00
Catchweight (141 lbs) Miguel Torres def. Nick Pace Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Welterweight Seth Baczynski def. Matt Brown Submission (guillotine choke) 2 0:42
Catchweight (158 lbs) Danny Castillo def. Shamar Bailey TKO (punches) 1 4:52

The Silva/ Bonnar main card has to be up there, all finishes but Fitch/ and that super young amazing looking future legend prospect kid, Erick something..... maybe Silva? Which was a great fight.

Nog subbing Pee-Wee after all the BJJ doesn't work talk.

Glover/ Fabio

The epic Maia sub on Story

Great card.

The Silva/ Bonnar main card has to be up there, all finishes but Fitch/ and that super young amazing looking future legend prospect kid, Erick something..... maybe Silva? Which was a great fight.

Nog subbing Pee-Wee after all the BJJ doesn't work talk.

Glover/ Fabio

The epic Maia sub on Story

Great card.

Might be the best Brazil card ever.

It’s my favourite. Whether it was the Best is a personal choice that everybody gets to make with no correct or wrong answers.

Might be the best Brazil card ever.
Yeah, that or 134 with Anderson/ Okami, Forrest/ Shogun 2, Nog/ Schaub and Palhares/ Miller with the epic Palhares brain fart.

Back