UFC 224’s Mackenzie Dern: ‘I don’t want to trade punches like I did in my last fight’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
As Dern told Combate, she claims to have shown not to be afraid of a stand-up match when she faced Yoder in March, and now expects a first-round submission win over her next opponent.

“I think there’s a submission on the way,” Dern said. “If it’s going to be some kind of choke or an armbar, but I think it’s going to be in the first round. That’s my goal. I don’t want to trade punches like I did in my last fight. I wanted to show I wasn’t afraid, but I think I already did that. In Brazil, I’m the Brazilian. Brazilian jiu-jitsu, I want to finish it in the first round.”

Although she won’t focus on striking when she meets Cooper in Rio de Janeiro, Dern doesn’t rule out becoming an accomplished striker in her MMA career. She still expects to score a knockout in the Octagon.

“I try to keep my feet on the ground, I know where I’m at, I got my family and my team with me,” she said. “I’m going to evolve as an athlete, I’m always going to show something more. If someone says I’m never going to win by knockout, someday I will win by knockout. I’ll want to prove everybody wrong. They can say my striking sucks, but you’ll see. I’m going to become a striker.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

No K1 Dern? Sucks.<DCrying>

Well it’s generally a good idea to have a gameplan that plays to your strengths.

We’ll see if she follows through.

The soap opera crowd in here will still whine about her accent, though. Alot like the child in post # 3.

Was that her word for word translation?
Was a bit hard to understand.

s'long as thar be subs, strikes and jiggling I'm in!

I want to see her use her jiujitsu in the UFC. If only to shut the haters the fuck up.

this thread needs more Dern bikini pics

Dont do it baby,take me i mean them down and smother em

Shitty translation TS.

What she actually said was "i dont wanna, you know, to trader the, um, punched, like, you know, i did in last fight"

tenor.gif

The only way for fat chick striking to succeed in the UFC is for the girl to focus her hatred of her miserable childhood and mother on her opponent. This will lead to blind rage swinging and possibly the cover of a boxing magazine. Bonus points for extra rage from being jealous of her opponent's looks.

Back