• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis (Nov 3, 2018)

Cutting to 135 caused my losses, much better at 145, he;s tough, he's straight forward, my conditioning will be a factor, my angles and movement, but mostly my conditioning and pushing a pace

Was shocked to get this fight, I hurt my back, so I took care of that, also the drop of the weight class, needed time to drop, I wasn't a big 155er, I was arrogant about my ground game, he humbled me, he was much better on top than I expected, Knight is crazy, I"m better everywhere, he'll pull guard, I just need to be wary of the ground game, FOTN, training with my home gym in Charlotte, could be a blood bath

High level guys at TAM, we have no wrestlers back at my home gym, feel like a brand new monster, at TAM I get my ass kicked every day, last fight I pulled guard like an idiot, I wanted to submit him, a month ago, I was a boiler maker and building houses to support my family, working on my cardio and skills

Had a small back injury, training with Lima brothers in Atlanta before doing camp back home, he's a strange fighter, he pulls guard, my wrestling is better, my grappling is my base, my weight is fantastic right now, more energy, I feel like a true 145er, sleeping in elevation tent, can't wait to perform in MSG

I don't understand how I lost the fight, I'm too comfortable on my back, my wrestling isn't that good, because my BJJ is good, so that's why I went to TAM for wrestling, I will keep on going to TAM, their cardio is next level, I was away from my 3 kids, not seeing them is hard, his ground game is good, I can pick him apart on the feet, I can stop his takedowns and beat him standing up, stop his takedowns and beat him up, he'll gas quicker at 145, I had two mc doubles and drank a coke and I can make weight, I eat alot of fried food, fast food, I'm a fighter first, I can't run fast or jump high, I'm not an athlete, I'm a fighter, I'm going to do decision and get fucked again, if I lose he worked his ass off, he'll break at some point, if he gives me an inch I'll take a mile

Got call 1 week ago, 5 hour flight if much better than 14 hour flight (Argentina), the weight has been coming off at MMA Lab, all the training I'm doing, I learned to be a smarter fighter, I will be stronger, better striker, I will have size, put him to sleep, I've become a smarter, better fighter, I'm exciting, he will try to pressure and put me against the cage, he'll try to take my down, I want the finish, put my hands on him, the predator not the prey

19 week camp, trained as hard as I could, he's a tough kickboxer, I'm better technically, start fast, I have conditioning, not let up, I trained and ate like an animal this camp, I've been fighting for a long time, I'm a great fighter

Really like Cormier-Lewis o1.5 @ 2.30. Does anybody see how or why Cormier gets him out early, especially with rumors of hand injury?
I think DC is definitely smart enough to avoid the ground. Every one of Lewis's wins are from vicious GnP after his opponents underestimate him there or get stunned.

Really like Cormier-Lewis o1.5 @ 2.30. Does anybody see how or why Cormier gets him out early, especially with rumors of hand injury?
I think DC is definitely smart enough to avoid the ground. Every one of Lewis's wins are from vicious GnP after his opponents underestimate him there or get stunned.
Didn’t DC KO Stipe in R1 in his last fight? And isn’t Stipe arguably the greatest HW of all time? And Isnt BB a fat unskilled slob w only one trick? And there is no fucking way DC ends up on the bottom if it goes to the ground. And it won’t go to the ground unless that’s where DC wants it to go. Just playing devil’s advocate. I’m also salty bc I lost a fortune on Volkov after he went full retard

Last edited:

This makes no sense. Cormier is one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA history from top position, from his phenomenal, suffocating top control, to his good ground-and-pound, to his submissions.

He will be extremely happy to have top position against Lewis. Just because Lewis survived there against Tybura, whose ground-and-pound and top control are both decent but nothing exceptional, and kept getting way too high on Lewis' back with a seatbelt instead of a body triangle, doesn't mean that will work against Cormier.

This makes no sense. Cormier is one of the most dangerous fighters in MMA history from top position, from his phenomenal, suffocating top control, to his good ground-and-pound, to his submissions.

He will be extremely happy to have top position against Lewis. Just because Lewis survived there against Tybura, whose ground-and-pound and top control are both decent but nothing exceptional, and kept getting way too high on Lewis' back with a seatbelt instead of a body triangle, doesn't mean that will work against Cormier.
What about DC's bad Injured hand? Will DC's injured be a factor?

Last edited:
What makes you think it's bad? If it was bad enough to stop DC from wanting to be on top he would never take the fight.

It's entirely possible his hand is 100% and even if it isn't it's definitely not THAT bad.

If the injury was that serious he wouldn't get cleared to fight

Lol y’all think that is a good deal lmfaooo I mean it’s possible but it’s very unlikely
What are you talking about, "very unlikely"? Stipe/Ngannou and Lewis/Ngannou were a lot more unlikely going over 1.5 rounds imo, yet they went to a decision, this fight not so much.
DC has 2 first round finishes out of 12 fights in the UFC, Lewis has gone past the first round in his last 6 fights. With a short notice fight like this both could be a bit tentative too, injuries could play a factor, I think those odds are good.
DC himself predicted he would win by a third round submission, so at least he thinks Lewis is tough enough to survive a couple of rounds

Last edited:
What are you talking about, "very unlikely"? Stipe/Ngannou and Lewis/Ngannou were a lot more unlikely going over 1.5 rounds imo, yet they went to a decision, this fight not so much.
DC has 2 first round finishes out of 12 fights in the UFC, Lewis has gone past the first round in his last 6 fights. With a short notice fight like this both could be a bit tentative too, injuries could play a factor, I think those odds are good.
DC himself predicted he would win by a third round submission, so at least he thinks Lewis is tough enough to survive a couple of rounds

Yep, and the style matchup almost guarantees that DC will be looking to take him to the mat quickly and wear him down from top position before getting the finish, which will probably take more than a round.

Not sure why anyone would think that DC will be looking to stand here at all. It’s almost a guarantee that he’ll be looking to avoid the power on the feet by employing a grinding gameplan. He has the perfect style to exploit Lewis’ weak TDD, and he’s smart enough to stick to that strategy.

What makes you think it's bad? If it was bad enough to stop DC from wanting to be on top he would never take the fight.

It's entirely possible his hand is 100% and even if it isn't it's definitely not THAT bad.
2 weeks before the Lewis fight got booked DC said he wouldn't be ready untill January, that he couldn't make a fist and had a hard time using the hand to grab while grappling. That's why people think it's bad. Now he has to downplay it so the NY comission dosen't get involved and he misses out on a big payday.
But of course there's a possibillity that it's healed better than expected and it won't be an issue at all.

Played
Montel Jackson
Karl Roberson
Branch
Jacare
Ray Borg

100 to win 1100

Back