UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

I want to share a quick story of one of the reasoins why I began betting (won't be 10 000 words, I promise):
I started to argue with people in forums in my country and on the youtube comment sections with foreigners about who is gonna win and why I think so. The problem with that is that if your view of the fight eventually is proven right, nobody gives two shits. 90% of the people won't give you any props, it's like you did nothing. People that were arguing with you the hardest you'll hear from them the least (if you got the fight right and vice versa). When you don't predict correctly of course you are called names and everybody comes to say how you don't know anything about MMA and should have never even tried to predict fights.

When you bet at least there is 100% possibility that when you guess right, you are going to get real reward for your effort, the harder the fight you picked, the bigger the reward. There is no point in arguing with strangers because even if you win, you didn't actually win. It's empty activity. Nobody will admit he was wrong, not only that he for sure will double down on what he said before. You won't receive a single good word for what you did. That's why I bet - real punishment when I am wrong, real reward when I am right. No bullshit

Please stop posting. Not completely and not forever. But just stop posting for like a day.

Aldo is short, small, old and shopworn compared to Ortega at this stage.
But its Aldo, and I'm not sure if bigger size = ability to last longer. I think Ortega gets hit way more than Aldo

i doubled my bets on ortega and manuwa since the value isn't getting any better for them. have 600 on manuwa at +170 and 1200 on ortega at even odds.

not gonna be around tomorrow to see what happin. GL EVERYONE.

You can get Rakic ITD at -130. I know his first two UFC appearances have been decisions, but both those opponents took severe beatings, especially Lidet. Rakic at 26 is likely an improving fighter. He still is two decisions in a row or not a massively built 6'5 LHW that looks like he'd fit right in at heavy, with a 80% stoppage ratio... Thoughts?

The fight does not go the distance is only a little bit more expensive.

So yall saying Ortega can survive longer than Aldo?
Ortega is for sure more durable than 2018 Aldo, has never been rocked either. The Moicano fight should be proof enough for that, was as high paced as Holloway/Aldo

Nelson looked better than ever, but still not very impressive.

This is one of the few times that I think the long layoff is actually a really good thing, especially given his skillset. I'm a little surprised the circle jerk isn't Gunni actually, because I think he sinks that choke quick, looking pretty good while doing it. THEN, let us pray, he keeps boasting about how he'll be helping Conor for the idiotic, inevitable rematch and that pushes the odds for us ever so slightly for our Khabib.

Just know I will be eating your ass if Ortega loses
For what? I didn't bet him. Didn't advocated betting him either. Get lost
TrueAscension said:
Please stop posting. Not completely and not forever. But just stop posting for like a day.
It's your problem.

Last edited:
Anyone feel like bantering back and forth endlessly, pointlessly about how Max looked GREAT at the weigh-in and Brian's face looked sucked in and how he COULDN'T EVEN RAISE HIS ARMS UP??

I wouldn't trust Chook at her current price, this fight is going to be close. I'd be very surprised if either girl dominated. Eye might surprise people with her wrestling, her hands are good too.
Just looked up Chook's current price. WTF! -210! Wouldn't pay that. However, Chook decision was -120 a few days ago when I placed my 3.3 unit bet.

Really tough not to be swayed by the youtube video of the 3 MT fights between JJ and Schev...Schev looked much faster, landed better and landed head and arm throws at will...I get that it is a different sport...but when MT is Joanna's biggest and some would say only strength, it is really tough not to be swayed to Schev
Shevchenko is going to win. Possibly via submission.

who da fuck are you? kyle has been a strong contributor despite his diarrhea of words lol. plz dawg, know your place peasant.

Holloway now up to 2.05. I played Ortega at 2.10. Could freeroll, but my confidence in Ortega is too high for that.

Possibly flying armbar
On a serious note. Shevchenko will get Jed to the ground. Unload ground and pound. Then mercifully finish her via RNC or arm bar. It's currently +420. Just bet it & thank me later.

Anyone feel like bantering back and forth endlessly, pointlessly about how Max looked GREAT at the weigh-in and Brian's face looked sucked in and how he COULDN'T EVEN RAISE HIS ARMS UP??

No we can’t ortega already won

On a serious note. Shevchenko will get Jed to the ground. Unload ground and pound. Then mercifully finish her via RNC or arm bar. It's currently +420. Just bet it & thank me later.
Has Shev beat anyone up with GnP except that bum Cachoeira in the UFC? And have JJ ever got dominated on the ground? Gadelha and Andrade are as good as Shev at controlling and inflicting damage on the ground if not better. They are way better wrestlers too, Shev only got trips and throws from the clinch

I also took a stab at Shev sub +400 but I recognize JJ has p4p one of the best get up games in the UFC. Excellent knee blocks and very good at finding posts to tripod back to her feet.

Back