UFC 241 Cormier vs Miocic II

The Embedded is a funny insight into being an armchair detective.
I think you might be on to something with Stipe. I think in Ep 1 he says he's been enjoying a year off, with his daughter, etc etc and then in a later Ep he (or a coach?) says something like this fight is all he's been thinking about for a year haha.
I thought Diaz looks like Edward Norton in Birdman. And I thought Pettis looks genuinely healthy. And hopefully Nate is truly relying on that mantra his little crew keeps spouting about 'no training camps, we're just always ready to fight' and all that. Very possible that the game has actually passed him by more than we already have expected it to. No doubt he'll be game and in the fight but man, 3 years away?
View attachment 630361

I think they both look genuinely healthy and I think Pettis has more stuff to throw at Diaz. I just think Diaz is a bad motherfucker. Pettis was getting pieced by Thompson before the hail mary shot.. Another recent win was against the skeleton of Chiesa. I just think he breaks his hand on Diaz's face again or something, I dunno. The layoff doesn't trouble me as much as it does others I suppose but I could be super fucking wrong and I have been recently..

Anybody considering diaz packs more power at 170?

We’ve only seen one guy fight him at that weight. Conor was gassed in the first fight but Nate had him panic wrestling into that choke

He’s got hands and he’ll take a shot to give one

My knock on mate has always been his lack of strength training and wrestling.

Also consider Nate’s motivation: if he wins they likely make diaz/mcgregor 3

Nate seems like the only thing that gets him up to fight these days is money

Yea he’s got enough now, but we know how greed works. Ufc could’ve told him beat Pettis an we give you Conor. One last big payday

Mcgregor needs a big win pretty bad and Nate is the safest high profile fight the ufc could make

Barry's "One Play a Day" Bets Recap:
LkAxPS3.png
CAEy3mz.png
W4-L3 Profit: $8.09

You know the drill. I'm packin' a Black & Decker chewing on a slim jim with Jesús yelling "it's drill time!"

Tip of the day: Play on the public's perception of a fighter. There will almost always be value on the opposite side with lesser name fighters who fly under the radar who don't have that "name recognition".

Big freaking card. Like always, we pick and choose our spots wisely. We never over-bet nor do we get antsy and bet because we're bored. We stick to a system because we know in the end that discipline will reward us quite handsomely.

I will present to you another FREE pick for
UFC 241: CORMIER VS. MIOCIC 2

All I ask is this: If you appreciate the time and effort I put into offering these picks then please let the kidd know. I can't do anything about the Barry haters, but my bros can join the Barry bandwagon anytime.

Peace be with ya'll.

- Barry

We’ve only seen one guy fight him at that weight. Conor was gassed in the first fight but Nate had him panic wrestling into that choke

Yeah maybe Diaz has more power, but Pettis rarely gets rocked, extremely durable to strikes himself.

That said, I think we know for a fact that Pettis has some pop at 170 after he sparked Thompson cold, albeit with a perfect shot.

Also consider Nate’s motivation: if he wins they likely make diaz/mcgregor 3

Nate seems like the only thing that gets him up to fight these days is money

Yea he’s got enough now, but we know how greed works. Ufc could’ve told him beat Pettis an we give you Conor. One last big payday

Mcgregor needs a big win pretty bad and Nate is the safest high profile fight the ufc could make

Remember when Nick got the biggest fight of his life against Silva and proceeded to taunt his way to a 50-45 decision loss? I don't think the Diaz bros are programmed to think like normal humans..

Remember when Nick got the biggest fight of his life against Silva and proceeded to taunt his way to a 50-45 decision loss? I don't think the Diaz bros are programmed to think like normal humans..
I would agree with that. They are both head cases

On Kenney, Dobson, and Esquibel as dogs. Considering Assun and Stipe.
On Kang pretty heavy -180, will likely be on Pettis and Yoel.

Edit - medium sized bets on Kenney and Dobson, Esquibel a value play as I cap cifers a small fav.

Yeah maybe Diaz has more power, but Pettis rarely gets rocked, extremely durable to strikes himself.

That said, I think we know for a fact that Pettis has some pop at 170 after he sparked Thompson cold, albeit with a perfect shot.

Also true, Pettis does have a chin.

If this were 5 rds I’d be much more concerned about him getting sparked/quitting

You forgot Rory

normal humans have a higher than 80 iq lol so ya

Edit: (excluding Serbians)

Last edited:
I would advise you to not bet on Diaz - Pettis because there are many unknowns but you degenerates will do it anyway. The winners will claim it was an obvious bet for sure lol.

I would advise you to not bet on Diaz - Pettis because there are many unknowns but you degenerates will do it anyway. The winners will claim it was an obvious bet for sure lol.
So many unknowns and to me it's such a good fight that I'd rather just enjoy it than have to sweat out a bet.

very confident on my pettis play rn. look for diaz to put on a bland performance and blame anthony for running the whole fight lol. pettis making tae kwon do great again this sat with beautiful axe kicks. in the end, i think ill finally ride or die with dc, but will wait for the weigh ins (also looking forward to watch how romero does regarding the weight cut). heinisch not so confident, don't like his terible td defense but knowing brunson is so stupid and ian will fight for my money gives me some peace. already traded out of a big ciffers play, not a close decision i'm interested to bet on. wanna see those over/under lines

The Embedded is a funny insight into being an armchair detective.
I think you might be on to something with Stipe. I think in Ep 1 he says he's been enjoying a year off, with his daughter, etc etc and then in a later Ep he (or a coach?) says something like this fight is all he's been thinking about for a year haha.
I thought Diaz looks like Edward Norton in Birdman. And I thought Pettis looks genuinely healthy. And hopefully Nate is truly relying on that mantra his little crew keeps spouting about 'no training camps, we're just always ready to fight' and all that. Very possible that the game has actually passed him by more than we already have expected it to. No doubt he'll be game and in the fight but man, 3 years away?
View attachment 630361
He does look like birdman norton hehe. It always amazes me how bad these fighters' bodies looks. I go to the gym 3x a week for 40 minutes and hardly have any diet and still i look better than like 60% of the ufc guys. It is just strange to think that some of these fighters like gilbert melendez or diaz train so much and I assume, pay attention to their diet and still look so unfit. I guess they don't lift weights and they think there is no benefit in doing so.

Gianni says the price isn't high enough on Cory Sandhagen & Drakkar Klose. Hope you cash 'em, don't trash em!

Back