UFC 245 Usman vs Covington

In this thread
"I don't know that guy"

I don't know who's account is who's just having a little fun. Hi I'm Sono07 incase anyone is confused.
Kinda thinking Nunes inside distance/KO
might be worth a look. Anybody on GDR worried her full time job as a cop may take away from training?

In this thread
"I don't know that guy"

I don't know who's account is who's just having a little fun. Hi I'm Sono07 incase anyone is confused.
might be worth a look. Anybody on GDR worried her full time job as a cop may take away from training?

her takedown defense may be a little better than it was 6 years ago but she probably still sucks on the ground.

nunes has the strength to hit the high crotch single or just body lock trip/drag her to the ground

I’m pretty big on nunes itd. Played nunes sub at +399

people talking about nunes cardio should probably look at holm vs gdr in which gdr was gassing by the third round just from some clinch work

gdr isnt nearly as good in the clinch as you would think she should be. Even Pennington made the fight closer than it should’ve been pressing gdr against the cage.

gdr likes to sit back and counter with that long one two she has. Pretty sure nunes will be able to figure out the range or just take her down and maul her on the ground

people are forgetting nunes has a pretty good ground game

6 years ago nunes took gdr down inside of 3 minutes, mounted her and pounded her out.

who has improved their game more in 6 years? Nunes has fought twice as many matches and also moved to att.

Last edited:
In this thread
"I don't know that guy"

Don't think you can really factor it in as a concern given she's been that way for so long and it doesn't seem to have ever impacted her performances and plenty of fighters have other jobs like Stipe. For memory Mighty Mouse only quit his job at a factory after his second title fight and winning the 125 belt as well.

Don't think you can really factor it in as a concern given she's been that way for so long and it doesn't seem to have ever impacted her performances and plenty of fighters have other jobs like Stipe. For memory Mighty Mouse only quit his job at a factory after his second title fight and winning the 125 belt as well.
Not everyone is stipe or Mighty Mouse.

you’re talking about two proven, well rounded champions

gdr won the belt from a controversial match with holly holm and then vacated it because she didn’t want that cyborg smoke.

gdr has a massive hole in her game that maybe if she trained full time could address better

her takedown defense may be a little better than it was 6 years ago but she probably still sucks on the ground.

nunes has the strength to hit the high crotch single or just body lock trip/drag her to the ground

I’m pretty big on nunes itd. Played nunes sub at +399

people talking about nunes cardio should probably look at holm vs gdr in which gdr was gassing by the third round just from some clinch work

gdr isnt nearly as good in the clinch as you would think she should be. Even Pennington made the fight closer than it should’ve been pressing gdr against the cage.

gdr likes to sit back and counter with that long one two she has. Pretty sure nunes will be able to figure out the range or just take her down and maul her on the ground

people are forgetting nunes has a pretty good ground game
All Nunes takedowns in recent fights are an outside trip or poor double leg. She never chains anything together or likes to put effort into TDs like she had to in the first fight to get a TD, she's too concerned about her cardio. Can't remember the interview but she basically said it herself with the Shevchenko rematch where she attempted no TDs until R5. She also does absolutely nothing on top and was getting stood up against Pennington after doing no damage sitting in guard. For her to repeat what she did in the first isn't just assuming GDR hasn't improved at all in 6 years but expects Nunes to fight in a way she hasn't in years.

Also GDR's is very solid in the clinch she just makes it look bad by letting herself get pressed against the fence, she's always the one dealing more damage though. Not like Nunes has ever really shown a competent clinch game herself and has generally avoided it. Not sure how you can say she gassed vs Holm either, she was breathing slightly more like most fighters would be but even after 25 minutes she was light on her feet and sharp. I wouldn't have called her remotely gassed compared to how badly we've seen Nunes slow and fold in the past.
Not everyone is stipe or Mighty Mouse.

you’re talking about two proven, well rounded champions

gdr won the belt from a controversial match with holly holm and then vacated it because she didn’t want that cyborg smoke.

gdr has a massive hole in her game that maybe if she trained full time could address better
I gave two well known examples, there are plenty of other fighters with jobs, Geoff Neal, Marion Reneau, Daniel Cormier and all the fighters that work as analysts, have businesses, podcasts etc.
You're making assumptions and speculations to justify a bet on a wide favourite. Assuming you mean her ground game then we haven't seen her on her back in 6 years and as I explained its unlikely Nunes even gets her there or does much if she does based on how she's been fighting.

Last edited:
After watching tape I have to go with covington, thé pace of him is way higher than Usman, so I think is thé cardio and even beter striking and footwork (Usman was chasing Maia, covington was cutting thé Cage)
Thé pace against Lawler was brutal, Usman vs woodley was a pretty easy fight for Usman, landed only 1 TD thé rest was woodley jumping guillotine.
My concern in covington side is thé scar issue in thé eye that happens to bleed a lot.
Mayor argument to back up Usman is the power and strength, but there is no evidence of neither, i think is just "black men" bías, People see a Big muscular black dude and think "dude is a beast" I don't think so.

All Nunes takedowns in recent fights are an outside trip or poor double leg. She never chains anything together or likes to put effort into TDs like she had to in the first fight to get a TD, she's too concerned about her cardio. Can't remember the interview but she basically said it herself with the Shevchenko rematch where she attempted no TDs until R5. She also does absolutely nothing on top and was getting stood up against Pennington after doing no damage sitting in guard. For her to repeat what she did in the first isn't just assuming GDR hasn't improved at all in 6 years but expects Nunes to fight in a way she hasn't in years.

Also GDR's is very solid in the clinch she just makes it look bad by letting herself get pressed against the fence, she's always the one dealing more damage though. Not like Nunes has ever really shown a competent clinch game herself and has generally avoided it. Not sure how you can say she gassed vs Holm either, she was breathing slightly more like most fighters would be but even after 25 minutes she was light on her feet and sharp. I wouldn't have called her remotely gassed compared to how badly we've seen Nunes slow and fold in the past.

I gave two well known examples, there are plenty of other fighters with jobs, Geoff Neal, Marion Reneau, Daniel Cormier and all the fighters that work as analysts, have businesses, podcasts etc.
You're making assumptions and speculations to justify a bet on a wide favourite. Assuming you mean her ground game then we haven't seen her on her back in 6 years and as I explained its unlikely Nunes even gets her there or does much if she does based on how she's been fighting.
Oh I’m sorry, you’re never wrong about anything

I almost forgot

carry on

Oh I’m sorry, you’re never wrong about anything

I almost forgot

carry on
How am I wrong? When has Nunes done anything you expect her to in recent fights? When have we seen GDRs ground game in recent years?

Most of what you're suggesting is a mix of speculation, assumptions, underrating GDR and totally ignoring how Nunes actually fights nowadays.

"black men" bías
That's new to me lol, I was basing part of my read on the Morae KO. That and the others he has knocked down with his straight right.
Covingtons performance against Lawler was impressive but Robbie isn't really a volume guy. That and it didn't he set a strike attempt record? Again impressive but just makes me wonder why he wasn't able to land more.

I feel like while Covington def has amazing Cardio he obviously has looked great when he is pushing the pace and just has outlasted guys he has faught. What will he look like against a guy who can match everything he does? I have some on Usman just bc he has won lots of cash for me but I’m way more confident in the over rounds and fight goes to dec. Also like the value of taking Usman by dec at +120

It's like a Russian troll farm thought it worthwhile to infiltrate and destroy this forum. Some incredible takes on here for this event.

Bought out of my max bet on Holloway.

<{chips}>
What gave you cold feet?

Let's take subs out of the deal, although Max hitting a guillotine on a gassed/inattentive Volk happens in one universe out there.
Does Volk outstrike Max? I can see it being close for a round or 2 or 2.5. But after that, I don't see how Max doesn't start to pull away.
Does Volk KO Max? Well, maybe. But Max is still granite until I see otherwise.
Does Volk outgrapple Max? Again, early, I can see some moderate success. The Aldo gameplan might work. But Max is not gonna sit there and take it. I would actually like to see a grapple-heavy approach from Volk because it's going to tire him out faster and the pull-away in 3-4-5 could be more pronounced.
Any of the research and stats bubbling up about Volk have gigantic caveats attached to them that are labelled: Shane Young, Jeremy Kennedy, Darren Elkins, Chad Mendes, and Jose Aldo. That depth of competition, as proven by not one but two beatdowns against a better version of Aldo, is levels and levels below what Max has faced. Holloway arguably took multiple rounds (all three judges agreed it was 1) off a gigantic LW and contender Dustin Poirier. Volk lost a round to Darren Elkins. Kind of rest my case right there.
I like Volk. I've bet him a few times now. This is MMA and shit loves to happen, but Max is a humongous step up and I think we see it Saturday.

It's like a Russian troll farm thought it worthwhile to infiltrate and destroy this forum. Some incredible takes on here for this event.

Russian scum reporting in to do my part to aid in the destruction of MMA forum and American way of life!

Beware my Russian dark arts...

a MOD is needed to make Sherdog great again. There was one, EZ who would control shit, keep the talks mostly on the fights and ban people for multiple accounts.

While some of this stuff can be entertaining whether we want to admit it or not, sometimes it goes to far and gets old quickly.

Some have gotten into it with others here way more than others, some have gotten into it with a few people, I am guilty of that myself, mostly with a certain poster lol but that's besides the fact.

But at the end of the day we all need to remember we are SUPPOSE to be here to help each other and bounce ideas off each other, see different points of views you may have missed and most important beat the bookies and take advantage of any generous lines they may give us.

Not using tunnel vision on your thoughts like you're coming here to educate people. Not to tail, you don't learn shit about the sport or feel good about yourself if you are just tailing a ton. Not to always bicker back and forth. Not to brag about unit sizes, we were all small fish at one point. Not to use sherdog as a place to become a tout and get people to pay for your picks. But at the end of the day people will do what they want.

I for one think they should just close the official bets threads, that only grows ego's and opens the door for people to tail. And it's easy to lie on top of that about your pre bets and live bets you may have won or lost on. "Hey I won 1u live betting on a match, lost 2u on another fight live betting but sherdog doesn't need to know that, I will only mention what I won live betting." "If I hedge on a fight live betting, I won't mention it ate up some of my profit hedging. If my hedge won and saved my initial pre bet, I will mention I hedged and didn't lose money in the end so I still look good to sherdog peeps" It's easy to spin shit.

It's us against the bookies not each other! Just learn to ignore, and there is many to ignore in here! Keep the opinions you respect in small circle and ignore the rest!

What gave you cold feet?

Let's take subs out of the deal, although Max hitting a guillotine on a gassed/inattentive Volk happens in one universe out there.
Does Volk outstrike Max? I can see it being close for a round or 2 or 2.5. But after that, I don't see how Max doesn't start to pull away.
Does Volk outgrapple Max? Again, early, I can see some moderate success. The Aldo gameplan might work. But Max is not gonna sit there and take it. I would actually like to see a grapple-heavy approach from Volk because it's going to tire him out faster and the pull-away in 3-4-5 could be more pronounced.
Any of the research and stats bubbling up about Volk have gigantic caveats attached to them that are labelled: Shane Young, Jeremy Kennedy, Darren Elkins, Chad Mendes, and Jose Aldo. That depth of competition, as proven by not one but two beatdowns against a better version of Aldo, is levels and levels below what Max has faced. Holloway arguably took multiple rounds (all three judges agreed it was 1) off a gigantic LW and contender Dustin Poirier. Volk lost a round to Darren Elkins. Kind of rest my case right there.
I like Volk. I've bet him a few times now. This is MMA and shit loves to happen, but Max is a humongous step up and I think we see it Saturday.

agree completely Max has been good to me and I’ll continue to ride him. Volk getting plenty of respect here with these odds.

Came to check this thread for organized educated speculation.

Got what I expected.

Rip
lZdL8aZ.jpg

What gave you cold feet?

Really dont like Volks pressure game. DP had his best success moving forward and Max doesn't have the best defense on the back foot. Call it gamblers intuition. Dont like max bets in general and im on a tremendous cold streak

Back