UFC 245 Usman vs Covington

Moreno's just really not much of a minute-winner, his striking volume's low and he prettymuch needs knockdowns or to majorly hurt KKF to win rounds. Submission threat's there, but I don't rate Moreno's kinda finishing/big moment emphasizing style to work effectively at Flyweight.

Think that if araujo hadn’t show cardio issues she’d be at least -200 against eye

Think that if araujo hadn’t show cardio issues she’d be at least -200 against eye

She have a very Strange 2.50 min cardio in every round, is always strong in that time and then slow down, but still young and much beter than Eye.

She have a very Strange 2.50 min cardio in every round, is always strong in that time and then slow down, but still young and much beter than Eye.

I mean she's 33, wouldn't say she's young for WMMA, but she should be better than Eye almost everywhere apart from maybe the grappling.

She also moved up to 125. Could be her just adjusting to the extra weight.

going to have to look at a few of her pre ufc fights to see if it happened at 115

her and eye are the same age.

eye can definitely put a pace on her

I Mean, Araujo have not be finished be a high kick, in that Sense is "younger" than Eye.

Taping punahele and piechota

looking like a pass here.

I think piechota should be a slight favorite based on experience but think punahele probably wins.

both guys have gas tank issues with punahele likely having a bit better cardio. Punahele at least has wrestling in his back pocket and was able to work through cardio issues in dwcs fight, his only match in his 6 pro bouts that went out of the first round

punahele has poor defense, over committing to strikes and leaving his hands low. he throws with a lot of power that most guys can’t handle.

Piechota will have a speed and technique advantage as he looks to be the sharper striker and also has the better jiu jitsu.

Much better JJ, he lasted nearly a full two rounds on the ground with Rodolfo, which is more impressive than it sounds.

Much better JJ, he lasted nearly a full two rounds on the ground with Rodolfo, which is more impressive than it sounds.
Defensive bjj may not matter much in this fight

Defensive bjj may not matter much in this fight

That's true but he has 5 sub wins and you don't get good enough to defend against Rodolfo without learning some offence along the way.

I don't think I have a play in this fight though

That's true but he has 5 sub wins and you don't get good enough to defend against Rodolfo without learning some offence along the way.

I don't think I have a play in this fight though
He is a black belt so sub defense would be pretty standard.

I dont either unless one of them becomes a sizable dog or I play punahele rd 1

He is a black belt so sub defense would be pretty standard.

I dont either unless one of them becomes a sizable dog or I play punahele rd 1

You don't think that punahele swinging wild is a easy TD and from there a sub?

Watching tape he have no that good ground game and thé exp Gap is huge, plus piechota is a counterstriker and without a chin issue, more of a cardio problem and sub defense but i don't think that punahele gonna take adv there.
Piechota have value in this fight.

Perry said on UFC podcast with Serra that he was gonna go back to wild Perry for this one. Who knows how he will fight. I know I want to see that though

You don't think that punahele swinging wild is a easy TD and from there a sub?

Watching tape he have no that good ground game and thé exp Gap is huge, plus piechota is a counterstriker and without a chin issue, more of a cardio problem and sub defense but i don't think that punahele gonna take adv there.
Piechota have value in this fight.

I don’t think there’s any current value in piechota

I see the fight mostly playing out on the feet

piechota probably looks to knock his head off with counters rather than takedowns. His cardio gets sapped from grappling

Piechota looked like a million bucks when he blasted out Williams... His hands looked fantastic, with solid power and accuracy.

He's real dangerous early, just has gas tank issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see a early stoppage for Oskar, this is a real big step down in competition for him and I think it'll show.

Perry said on UFC podcast with Serra that he was gonna go back to wild Perry for this one. Who knows how he will fight. I know I want to see that though

I love that, that what he needs to do against Neal, Neal don't react good to be hit and surely he don't want a brawl. With Perry in this one, he is a dog.

I love it Perry always makes a solid dog and he has something to prove with that skid he is on. I'm with him on this one I think he can pressure and out volume Neal.

I love that, that what he needs to do against Neal, Neal don't react good to be hit and surely he don't want a brawl. With Perry in this one, he is a dog.
I hope so man. I parlayed this fight not going the distance with Usman and Volk so I'd hate to fall at the first hurdle. War brawler Perry.

Back