UFC 265: Lewis vs Gane - Discussion Thread

@PolarBearPaulVarelans

Quick b/d on Hill/Tecia please? Was leaning Torres a little but haven't bet her. I see you have 3u on her and you watch a lot of WMMA and have a ton of insight. Was gonna just make the bet since I saw you are that confident but figured I'd ask for some more specifics on how you see the fight playing out.

@PolarBearPaulVarelans

Quick b/d on Hill/Tecia please? Was leaning Torres a little but haven't bet her. I see you have 3u on her and you watch a lot of WMMA and have a ton of insight. Was gonna just make the bet since I saw you are that confident but figured I'd ask for some more specifics on how you see the fight playing out.

PM sent.

IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT MY MOJO BACK BABY.

Switched to a parlay of two of my two surest bets, Gane & Johns. Johns just won his fight, looked pretty fine while doing it too.

Moved Darren Till & Brunson. So there's no card at all on the 14th? Dogged.

Today’s random trivia

Derrick Lewis has a win by armbar in his 4th pro fight

We need to find video of that to see how TF that happened

Today’s random trivia

Derrick Lewis has a win by armbar in his 4th pro fight

We need to find video of that to see how TF that happened

Derrick got decent BJJ for a HW. Saw an article showing every get-up he did was well-trained technique he had to have drill not mystical strength.

Not to jerk myself off. But my Aldo prediction was pretty spot on, I was impressed with Aldo's pacing tonight. Didn't slow down like last fight.

I think Gane is about as big as a lock we can get at HW… That Volkov fight proved that Gane is class, I had Volkov as my dog in that fight and Gane controlled the reach for pretty much the whole 25 minutes against a longer, more experienced striker…

Just a couple fights ago, Lewis was in a competitive ugly HW fight against Latifi where one could argue that Latifi could have won. Also, big cage where Gane has more room to work with.

All in on Gane and there is more then 50% chance that this goes the decision with Gane’s style and Lewis durability

That was the definition of a “decent” card… Low value names on a ppv who came to fight.

couple thoughts.

Wow, the biggest result was definitely Luque subbing Chiesa RD1. Chiesa made the mistake of trying to close the deal too soon on a competent grappler and he got subbed himself. Gotta feel for chiesa, every big moment he has been he gets dramatically beaten. Don’t really care much about Luque and never have.

penne subbing KK. Yeah, lay off the decision line for women unless it’s 2xx+. Girls, like to work off their back and go for subs like 25-50% more then dudes, it’s crazy.

Yadong vs Kenney. Idk why but I had a strong feeling on kenney because of how underwhelming song is and Song did just enough to beat Casey. Can’t put much faith into guys who won’t be solid contenders in the future.

I think MMA is the hardest sport handicap

Gotta feel for chiesa, every big moment he has been he gets dramatically beaten.

Yeah he has a bizarre fight IQ in scrambles. When I was reviewing tape and got to the Pettis, Masvidal, and Lee fights, I jokingly thought, "what if he made some brain dead move like this again and gets subbed?" But thought nah, if he gets subbed he will get stunned by a big shot first and probably be out on his feet, which doesn't seem likely with the takedowns Luque gives up.

So much for that, lol. It was basically the end of the Masvidal fight all over again without the GNP to set it up.

Girls, like to work off their back

ayyyy

Not to jerk myself off. But my Aldo prediction was pretty spot on, I was impressed with Aldo's pacing tonight. Didn't slow down like last fight.

“Not to jerk myself off” - proceeds to jerk himself off.

Honestly I just wanna know what your old account(s) were for some reason lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back