PBP UFC 280 - Oliveira vs. Makhachev: Official Main Card PBP Discussion: 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you’re a striker through and through and immediately start wrestling against another striker, you clearly are admitting an advantage to your opponent and taking the path of least resistance rather than testing your meddle. smart? yes. cowardly? also yes.

He didn't start "immediately" wrestling. He also landed seven takedowns against Aljo in their first fight despite winning the standup. I bet he was panicking there as well.

I don’t know if I can watch this sport anymore. I should just shut the fuck up and expect the fighter who sells the most tickets to win and stop expecting something any better, like a competitive sport.

If the ufc wanted clear scoring criteria that isn’t open to interpretation they would have fixed it a long time ago. But they don’t.
I agree 100%.
I've made a thread about that topic... nobody seems to care to discuss it. Or maybe it was just my approach. But yeah, it isn't a sport without clear objective scoring/judging criteria.

Aljo cut 30 for this one so aljo should be the stronger grappler but I think TJ times takedowns better

straight crosses more than jabs. also brutal front kicks to the gut
He didn't land any real straight crosses? His success was off short hook like shots around Yan's guard lol. He couldn't land his straight punches. He actually adjusted well and switched to the knee and shots around the guard. he landed less than 5 straight crosses the whole fight.

If this is TJ of old, I think he wins, but I really hope he gets finished.

17e3ud.jpg
Looks like a Ringelnatter (german name), i believe Natrix natrix in latin or sth.
Not a venomous snake ironically!

Back