Prochazka vs. Teixeira main event is canceled

Saturday, December 10

6:00 PM ET

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/92214-ufc-282
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/68622
https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-282-2621
https://fightodds.io/odds/4335/ufc-282-prochazka-vs-teixeira-2

92tteXx.png

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/697578-ufc-282-jan-blachowicz-vs-magomed-ankalaev

Jiri Prochazka is out of UFC 282 due to a severe orthopedic injury.

Timeframe for recovery is upwards of a year.

According to UFC and Jiri's representatives, it was his decision to vacate the belt out of respect for other contenders.

Jiri Prochazka statement:

I am very disappointed to announce that I will not be defending my belt at UFC 282. I was injured in training in Las Vegas while finishing my preparation for my title defense in the UFC's light heavyweight division.

I injured my shoulder and surgery is required which will put me out of action for at least 6 months.

Knowing this information, I have decided, after consulting with UFC management, that due to this time constraint, I will not hold light heavyweight division and will vacate the title. I will go for the UFC belt as soon as the doctors give me the green light to fight. I'm going to go for the belt and I'm going to get it no matter who currently holds it. It's always been the most important thing for me to put on the best performance and compare myself to the best. Let the best show no matter who's there now.

I'll be back in six months and I'll take the title whoever holds it. I apologize to my fans, friends, family who bought tickets and made plans to come to Las Vegas to support me, it means a lot to me. I also want to apologize to Glover. Victory!

According to Dana White, Jiri Prochazka suffered ‘the worst shoulder injuries doctors have ever seen” while wrestling in practice.

Tim Simpson, Prochazka’s manager, said “the shoulder got wrecked in a standard wrestling accident type of thing.”

UFC president Dana White said the doctors told him that the injury is extensive. “This is the worst shoulder injury the doctors have seen in UFC history,” White told Yahoo Sports. “It’s really fooking bad. His shoulder is very, very bad. He’s going to have serious surgery that will require extensive rehab.”

Last edited:
Till should be slightely favored here.Du Plessis has some grappling but not at Brunson's level and he ain't commited to it either.If most of the fight happens on the feet Till is the cleaner more tehnical striker,I think he takes this

Till should be slightely favored here.Du Plessis has some grappling but not at Brunson's level and he ain't commited to it either.If most of the fight happens on the feet Till is the cleaner more tehnical striker,I think he takes this
Thing with Till is that he's very low volume even in fights he's in control of, and Dricus is the opposite of that in that he forces things.

It'll come down to whether Darren's power can make Dricus back off or not.

I think they offered him Ankalaev which is probably the uncrowned champ anyways.

Yeah I'd imagine that's it. Jiri vs Ankalaev will be a banger when it happens.

I know OV/UN aint out yet but this is what I like

Salvador-KO2 -205 (Will bet only the Under)
Erik Silva-145( I think he will win by Sub) Will bet only Silva
Hernadez/Quantillo- will bet only the over (Quantillo Dec-165)
Curtis-Dec +115(Will bet only the over)
Troclli-Dec-145 (Will bet only the over)
Shabazayn-KO -295 (No Bet either way)
Rosas-Dec-255(Will only bet the over)
Rosenstruck-KO-175(Will only bet the under)
Mitchell-Dec- No odds yet(Will only bet Mitchell)
Du Plesis KO-140(Will only bet Du plesis)
Ponzhibio-dec -380(Will only bet the over)
Pimblett-Sub-190(Will only bet Pimblett)
Ankalev-240 Dec(Will only bet the over)

We all know that Paddy Vs Gordon is going to be the most argued about fight this card. When are we getting on with it lol?

I think they offered him Ankalaev which is probably the uncrowned champ anyways.

If Blachowicz's age hasn't caught up with him yet, which is a real possibility every time he fights, this isn't a bad matchup for him.

No one should bet on Ankalaev without doing their research because on tape he definitely doesn't look like anything close to resembling a lock.

Last edited:
If Blachowicz's age hasn't caught up with him yet, which is a real possibility every time he fights, this isn't a bad matchup for him.

No one should bet on Ankalaev without doing their research because on tape he definitely doesn't look like anything close to resembling a lock.

I don’t use lock but I favor him heavily.

He’s a really clean striker and a really good grappler. He’s not flashy but does everything right.

Someone talk me out of betting on Alexander Hernandez please.

Someone talk me out of betting on Alexander Hernandez please.
look at some of his wins like Beniel and Mercier, Trinaldo, all aged well. Alex has only ever lost to top rank opponents at the time, Cerone 2019 was gd then, Dober who is still gd, and Moicano/Moises still gd. Billy got knocked down by Gabriel Benitez who is a mid level guy. Shane Burgos is ok but still got outstruck did decent but came up short.
and then also losing to Gavin Tucker who is midlevel. I think Billy has decent striking, but he’s not that much of a technical fighter to really breakdown Alex like Cerone did or have those fast heavy hands of a drew Dober. This is going to be competitive and close , id prolly look to prop bet this one for Alex dec . i think Billy can win it to, it feels like a split dec type of fight.

If Gavin tucker and Shane Burgos are mid level what does that make Alex Hernandez?

Last edited:
Jan by rnds 4-5 prop bet+++
If Gavin tucker and Shane Burris are mid level what does that make Alex Hernandez?
i'm just pointing out his losses are opponents who are of higher level than Billy so don't expect Billy to steam roll him, we have to set a proper scaling for overall skill. i don't think Billy beats any of the top guys i mentioned either. Moicano,Moises,Dober and 2019 Cerone all beat Billy who got wobbled by Gabe and beat by Gavin and Shane. These guys might be at the same level, but Alex is the more accomplished fighter. But Billy is a dog , both guys are going to fight for your money. I just think Alex is the value side.

Jan by rnds 4-5 prop bet+++

i'm just pointing out his losses are opponents who are of higher level than Billy so don't expect Billy to steam roll him, we have to set a proper scaling for overall skill. i don't think Billy beats any of the top guys i mentioned either. Moicano,Moises,Dober and 2019 Cerone all beat Billy who got wobbled by Gabe and beat by Gavin and Shane. These guys might be at the same level, but Alex is the more accomplished fighter. But Billy is a dog , both guys are going to fight for your money. I just think Alex is the value side.
I doubt he steam rolls him.
I’d have to tape but I would have Billy as the favorite.

I hate his lack of defense when he pressures but overall I think he’s a tad higher than Hernandez.

It’s concerning how easily guida was able to control him and neutralize his jiu jitsu

odds are probably pretty close to accurate, slight value on Hernandez

Last edited:
Back