UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane

Neal missed 4 lbs first attempt

<6>

A bad cut for him vs shavkat isn’t good

No...or he realized a couple days ago he may not make it and only cut enough to make sure he was within the threshold to where the AC won't step in and cancel the fight. In which case little dehydration, and it's an edge for him. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing.

Riddell is a kickboxer, not a grappler, it’s a different style matchup. Turner can’t grapple and has bad TD defense due to his tall lanky body. He was preparing for a striker in Dan Hooker, not a grappler. And he’s coming off injury. Turner also has a glass jaw & atrocious striking defense. Zero head movement and bad iq

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. I really don't think he's that good, he has major holes in his game and I'm shocked he managed the winstreak that he has. Gamrot smashes him.

Ricci is in every parlay

Bo by finish

Ian Gary is safe pick but no good value

Val’s safe as can be for parlays where you get bonus money each leg you add

I think du plesis should win

For dog picks I like both Marquez and Martinez

shavkat should be a lock but -550 not worth it … might play finish line since he is 16 and 0 with 16 finishes … gotta see the prop odds when they drop
Bo is safe but a terrible line.
Is he safer than Valentina? I know nothing about MMA, except she's a dominating champ.

Bo is safe but a terrible line.
Is he safer than Valentina? I know nothing about MMA, except she's a dominating champ.

A lot of people think she lost her last fight. Maybe a blip, and this is a different stylistic matchup. But imo Grasso is WAY more live than Pickett. Bo will take him down easily and it's unlikely Pickett survives more than a few minutes. Grasso has terrific boxing and IF Val is actually slowing there's a chance she drops rounds to a slick boxer like Alexa.

A lot of people think she lost her last fight. Maybe a blip, and this is a different stylistic matchup. But imo Grasso is WAY more live than Pickett. Bo will take him down easily and it's unlikely Pickett survives more than a few minutes. Grasso has terrific boxing and IF Val is actually slowing there's a chance she drops rounds to a slick boxer like Alexa.
Meant wmma ofc

I think Grasso and Geoff Neal are both being seriously disrespected by the odds makers.
Neal not making 171 could spell problems tho. Even more than a gigantic 170er with a 100% win record. Via finish. Can't see Meal winning this. Ofc I've been wrong before, but...

I am more and more convinced that Dricus Du Plessis is some kind of cybernetically enhanced Space Marine. I fully expect him to get battered by Brunson before going for six spinning backfists in a row and melting him.

just me or did Jon share way too much on what hes studied on Gane in the press conference

just me or did Jon share way too much on what hes studied on Gane in the press conference
What does it matter at this point? Gane won't change his style two days before the biggest fight of his life, and if he does, it will only benefit Jones even more.

If anything, it could've been some reverse psychology by Jones. Worry a fighter about what he thinks his own faults are so that he will be unsure of himself and fight uncharacteristically, which doesn't usually bode well for said fighter.

Jon will get the decision. Stay on the outside, kick the knees, secure 2 or so takdedowns but Gane will survive

Jon will get the decision. Stay on the outside, kick the knees, secure 2 or so takdedowns but Gane will survive

Like I said earlier in this thread, I think Jones/Gane is one of the hardest ones to bet. You can probably pick apart a lot of the paths to victory, but in particular, why would you think Jones will be so successful staying on the outside vs. Gane? That's essentially playing Gane's game, one that Jones was successful on in a smaller division. It's going to be interesting to see how this fight plays out. Personally, I think it will be very interesting if Jones goes in very aggressive trying to chain wrestle and get the fight down as much as possible.

I switched up from thinking Gane wins a dec to that he gets a TKO at some point. I was remembering Jones durability as a huge asset but he's now 35, long layoff, and it's against a true HW. I think I was making a mistake thinking Jon will be able to eat Gane's shots like he did the smaller guys.

Gane odds just keep getting more wide. Is it just people jumping to Jones the goat bandwagon or what.people tailing Drake and big money on Jones?

Back