PBP UFC 293 - Adesanya vs. Strickland: Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 9/9 at 10PM ET/7PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said before the fight that Strickland was like a Diaz bro and could beat anyone with his style if they didn't know how to handle his pressure. Props to Strickland for fighting his fight and not getting scared from the moment or from getting knocked out by Pereira. And to Adesanya for recognizing him afterwards. Izzy is class when it comes down to it after all the promotion/BS.

Izzy looked pretty gassed by Seans pressure. Sean also did great work by checking the leg kicks. Alex for sure has given fighters the blue print on how to attack Izzy no doubt.
It's not a blue print anyone can follow, though. Strickland is unique.

He's probably not the best MW in the world.

But he has a unique skill set that beat Izzy tonight.

Izzy looked fresh after that though.. his shit just wasn't working against Sean's defense.

I do think just standing with Sean plays into his game... if Izzy gets the rematch, Izzy gotta mix it up.

The way Sean lifts his leg while doing his shell, is easy there for a take down for a top ranked fighter.
Yeah the problem with being a counterstriker is that it requires an opening. Sean left no opening, and Izzy didn't mix it up. It's hard to blame Izzy since he has been so successful in MMA, but in hindsight, maybe he should have trained a few other options. No grappling, no clinch game, no ability to pressure. He was entirely outclassed by a guy with good footwork, defense, and a 1-2.

It'll be interesting to see what Izzy does after this. I could see him coming back better.

They beat not give him an immediate rematch. You don’t lose to someone as shit as Strickland and not have to work your way back up the rankings

Izzy and silva want to counter when they can't counter they look like shit

I changed my pick to Strickland when I saw Drake bet on Izzy by KO.

Im not even joking, that dude is cursed.

How was Izzy's team not screaming at him to chase the finish? They had to have known they were down big.

I like Izzy, but I get annoyed at all this talk of being a warrior who is willing to go out on his shield but then does this

There is no justification for an immediate rematch and they need to do the decent thing and not even mention it on the broadcast

Wonder if they’ll rematch or if Strickland will fight DDP

Back