PBP UFC 295 - Prochazka vs. Pereira Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat. 11/11 at 10PM ET / 7PM PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You kind of have to give the fighter the chance to "roll around and shit". Jiri didn't get that. Not even a single second of mount was established before Goddard called off the fight.
Okay sure give him a chance but Edgar was literally knocked down and rolled and popped up. Jiri will likely be back and I’m not going to shit on your opinion it was 3rd watch for a title give him 10 more seconds maybe.*Shrugs*

Okay sure give him a chance but Edgar was literally knocked down and rolled and popped up. Jiri will likely be back and I’m not going to shit on your opinion it was 3rd watch for a title give him 10 more seconds maybe.*Shrugs*

The reason people are complaining is because Jiri wasn't given the chance to "roll and pop up". Maybe he doesn't. But he wasn't given that chance.

^^ I'm not completely convinced he 'went limp' .. how'd he get up so fast ? .. he got up almost instantly after the ref stopped it .. never laid even a second .. if he really went limp from a ko he's staying on the mat laying there for a bit .. maybe he was just going down to get the fk out of those elbows ? .. bottomline ref should've at least given him a chance to show something before stopping it .. after all it's a title bout

The reason people are complaining is because Jiri wasn't given the chance to "roll and pop up". Maybe he doesn't. But he wasn't given that chance.
And that’s chill I felt like this after Israel lost to Alex in the first fight. For a title JB disciple refs must be instituted. Carwin gassed on Brock’s face and forearms and they didn’t stop it. That’s another no stoppage where it looked great for not stopping it.

^^ I'm not completely convinced he 'went limp' .. how'd he get up so fast ? .. he got up almost instantly after the ref stopped it .. never laid even a second .. if he really went limp from a ko he's staying on the mat laying there for a bit .. maybe he was just going down to get the fk out of those elbows ? .. bottomline ref should've at least given him a chance to show something before stopping it .. after all it's a title bout
Could have been flash concussed which is what I have been saying he lost his wits but yes his body recovered super quick so it’s a conundrum just let it go in title fights. Even concussed Jiri was defending himself technically he wasn’t turtled up….we gotta let KP be the title fight ref nowadays.

Is it just me or does this current crop of champions and contenders seem weak and one-note compared to the champs of 10 years ago? WME/TKO just gatekept all the well rounded grapplers from competing and focused on personalities that would get likes of social media.

Only Islam and Volk seem like they can be competitive in any era. And Islam wouldn't even be competing if Khabib didn't become an accidental star.

andrade-v-dern.jpg

andrade-v-dern.jpg
Dern’s neck is going to be hurting tomorrow.

What an absolute horrendous stoppage. Shit is embarrassing. The fuck happened with MMA? I miss PRIDE.
<bball1>

We both watched the fight. Post a screenshot of him unconscious, dork. It didn't happen.

I don't get the purpose of your posts, the commentators literally played it in slo mo for us and called it an early stoppage.

Wow this doctor made the same exact point that I made, clips and screenshots and everything.

I'd watch a 3 hours loop of that.

We know that he has a mind, and body of steel and blood, and we knew that he could kick like a mule, but that one was so fucking fine. The guy definitely knows what he wants, and seemingly does everything needed. I can't believe that he's at the gates of LW top 10, and just did what he did in this event's main card. I mean, I'd be a fan even if he was English :D (joking, Tom is the man)

I'm totally over the whole "shush" thing after a KO.
I agree, especially when you think about the fact that BSD is virtually unanimously praised lately. Maybe local fans were a bit "noisy" ? Anyway I think he's a kinda... chauvinistic guy, like a lot of us, but maybe more than most due to his past career. Probably just did that because of the excitement though, I don't know. Well, he delivered, I won't blame him.

Wow! Yes! That was one the best cards! Credit to Pavlovich and Prochazka, they had their moments. Aspinall was so impressive again. Great win for Aspinall and congratulations to him on winning the UFC Interim Heavyweight Title! Pereira was impressive too. Great win for Pereira and congratulations to him on winning the UFC Light Heavyweight Title!

BSD might have some issues when he gets pushed, isn't the hammer and is instead the nail, but this guy continues to deliver. Get his ass a top ten fight.
At this point, I think he'd rather eat disgustingly powerful shots in his concrete face than chosing to back off, although we saw in his début how far it can go and worrying it can get. I remember, people that day thought that ZDS and the ref (mostly him) ruined BSD's career.
It was exactly 2 years ago, he finished 5 guys in a row since then (and not exactly getting the Paddy treatment either). What a progression. I'm really curious to see how he's gonna fare against the top 10. He can still polish a lot of things.
I'm not taking a huge risk, but I think the actual difference with that guy is psychological. He's skilled and hard-chinned, sure, but again, that début fight felt like he'd have proudly died in the cage ; it's obvious where that mindset comes from.

2/2 for my poll choices!

url

Think that's the first time I've seen a French show appreciation to Murica
Yeah, mostly stereotypes perpetuated by people that never set foot in America. Just like the other way around, we don't get much appreciation :D
The difference being, we have been consuming US culture for decades, with a huge surge caused by the internet, and the reverse obviously isn't true ( I mean, there's a reason why I watch the UFC and don't even care to use French MMA websites... and a reason why speaking English is virtually mandatory if you have any sort of ambition).

I think that the most obnoxious, vocal people from each place give the rest a bad name. In the old world, especially in the old empires it seems, we each have a specific way of being unsufferable, and we're proud of it lmao. That's our heritage :D

I think that the most obnoxious, vocal people from each place give the rest a bad name. In the old world, especially in the old empires it seems, we each have a specific way of being unsufferable, and we're proud of it lmao. That's our heritage :D
Haha, yeah, I totally get it. Happens in all countries

Wow, another title fight ruined by a horribly early stoppage.
Peterson should've reffed that fight. Incredibly bad stoppage.

I didn't care in the slightest who wins this fight but anyone defending that stoppage watches the wrong sport. That is not even close to what a fight looks like. Nobody of you caught Sadykhov vs Borshchev on the prelims?

Back