*** UFC 297: Sean Strickland vs. DDP - Who Did You Think Won Mega Thread ***

Who did you think should have won the fight?

• Dricus

Votes: 196 48.9%
  • Strickland

Votes: 205 51.1%

• Total voters
An opponent shall be deemed to be a “grounded opponent” if at least one of the opponent’s hands is weight-bearing on the floor, including, but not limited to, the palm, finger tips, or fist, or if one or more the opponent’s body parts, other than a non-weight bearing hand or sole of a foot, is touching the floor.

Legal knees.

EDIT - They were fighting in Canada. I have no idea what rules the Ontario commission uses.

Last edited:
He was grounded and it was the impact that raised him up making it look legal. Maybe it's the drunken state that sometimes make you see things the way you imagine them to be.

An opponent shall be deemed to be a “grounded opponent” if at least one of the opponent’s hands is weight-bearing on the floor, including, but not limited to, the palm, finger tips, or fist, or if one or more the opponent’s body parts, other than a non-weight bearing hand or sole of a foot, is touching the floor.

Legal knees.

This change is probably dumber than just counting one hand touching as grounded opponent.

Now you expect the referee to make a split second decision whether the hand/fingers are weight bearing lmao. Something that's really subjectice/impossible to determine really.

And then half the referees are prob not even aware of it.

I had Allen winning 1 & 3 as well, but the first round was very close. Wouldn't call it a robbery.

Definitely think the referee did not need to stop the action from the knees - he was playing the game as clear as day, and Arnold was lifting him to strike. Should not have stopped the action and that was big momentum disruption.

All things considered, we confirmed Movsar is elite and belongs in a title fight or title eliminator, and we saw AA confirm he's still one of the best in the world.

I thought it was a fairly straight-forward 29-28. Allen won the 3rd but Evloev had the other two.

Legal knees.
This is what I thought. Is it only certain commissions that have implemented this? I found it weird that, even if it was, the commentary didn’t mention it to clear up confusion.

The only robbery was Goddard injecting himself in a crucial moment.

Those were 100% legal knees

Legal knees.
This change is probably dumber than just counting one hand touching as grounded opponent.

Now you expect the referee to make a split second decision whether the hand/fingers are weight bearing lmao. Something that's really subjectice/impossible to determine really.

And then half the referees are prob not even aware of it.
Definitely think the referee did not need to stop the action from the knees - he was playing the game as clear as day, and Arnold was lifting him to strike. Should not have stopped the action and that was big momentum disruption.
Wrong rules. Knees were illegal.

Sorry everyone. As long as he was touching the ground, he's downed. I think it's dumb, but that's the Ontario Athletic Commission. They go by the old rules

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back