PBP UFC 297 Strickland vs. Du Plessis: Main Card PBP Discussion - Sat 1/20 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey I saw that subtle aggression towards @2004 account ! I'm shocked.
Don't be that instigator guy, he clearly is reffering to killer kadoogan, whom I back over that dude, he knows his shit about mma and has more cred than the dude attacking him

Sorry I don't spend all day shit posting

You really think judges sit there and check mark out the exact number of strikes each person throws like a video game? No. Its also impossible for a judge to tell who is landed the harder shots unless its something visible. Its obvious that DDP landed the harder shots and Strickland landed more shots, but they weren't as significant because they were jabs.

Round 3 could have basically gone either way, which is why you get 48-47 split decision. But keep telling yourself whatever you want. I don't care.
>it's impossible for a judge to tell who is landed the harder shots unless its something visible
I didn't know that judges don't actually watch the fight, are deaf, and incapable of discerning how hard a shot is while we can from a screen.
Absolute clownish logic.

I hate to break it to you, but fights are scored on a round by round basis and it shows Sean clearly winning two of them and edging out two more as well. Know that would help your case? Nothing. As you are trying to throw something that says Sean won 4-1 in my face. Another fail, lol.
I meann apparently they're not. Cause Sean lost

Ive come to believe that if a fight is arguable, then there are no winners
The problem is that if draws are disliked in any competitive activity, they are clearly frowned upon in fighting. I guess that the odd number of rounds and judges, added to the scoring system, result in having wins or losses where draws would probably make more sense.
But you're right, I sometime tell myself that if I were one of those fighters, after a win that could've been judged either way, victory would have a sour taste.

>it's impossible for a judge to tell who is landed the harder shots unless its something visible
I didn't know that judges don't actually watch the fight, are deaf, and incapable of discerning how hard a shot is while we can from a screen.
Absolute clownish logic.
Hint: If a strike is hard, your opponent is going to stop walking forward into it. If Sean's jab's were as significant as people are making them out to be, DDP wouldn't keep walking forward. Maybe try actually getting hit in sparring sometime and you'd see the difference.

I also don't care who won, but its hilarious casuals on here are trying to argue it wasn't a close fight. Typical Sherdog.

Take your White Boy Summer and Pumpkin Fraps, and stuff them up your ass. Hope your family is doing well, my friend.
Next time Sean comes to the bakery i’ll let him know you thought he was robbed.
Hope you’re doing well as well Drikkkus 2,3,4,5

The problem is that if draws are disliked in any competitive activity, they are clearly frowned upon in fighting. I guess that the odd number of rounds and judges, added to the scoring system, result in having wins or losses where draws would probably make more sense.
But you're right, I sometime tell myself that if I were one of those fighters, after a win that could've been judged either way, victory would have a sour taste.
I think more draws would be a good thing, but when everything else is equal, usually the person who is more aggressive should probably get the nod because they're trying to finish the fight. The person who is being more defensive could obviously still win or finish the fight, but its harder to argue when aggressive is the norm across most combat sports like wrestling or judo, etc.

Hint: If a strike is hard, your opponent is going to stop walking forward into it. If Sean's jab's were as significant as people are making them out to be, DDP wouldn't keep walking forward. Maybe try actually getting hit in sparring sometime and you'd see the difference.

I also don't care who won, but its hilarious casuals on here are trying to argue it wasn't a close fight. Typical Sherdog.
I've been hit in tournaments and know that you're an absolute casual clown from this post alone.

Don't be that instigator guy, he clearly is reffering to killer kadoogan, whom I back over that dude, he knows his shit about mma and has more cred than the dude attacking him
Yeah sorry for the confusion. If I'd only known you were busy holding killer kadoogan's cock in your mouth, I'd been more specific

I was just joking, I found the coincidence funny. I actually didn't even read the post he answered to. Sorry you took it like this, sometimes I should be more cautious on the internet. But for the notice, I'm not that kind of guy.

I think DDP holds on to the belt for a while. No one seems to be able to crack is awkward style. He also seems really strong and has great cardio.

I would physically dominate you and make you look stupider than you did the day after your SATs.

Why are you bringing up SATs? Sounds like you're still in high school lol. Stay in school kid and keep watching tape on fights before trying to judge them as being robberies.

Back