UFC 299 Legendary Picks

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
We've almost made it .
Let's do the damn thing...

Chito - O'Malley:
I believe Sean will be able to find his openings more often and in a more effective way than Chito will. Chito has great defense , leg kicks and durability but I don't think he's that tough of a matchup for Sean as some ppl do. I elaborate more on this here : https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-problem-with-chito-still-remains.4324615/
Aljo and even Yan arguably have better offensive wrestling than Chito so I don't think grappling will be a big factor. I also am not worried about the leg kick hocus pocus from the previous fight- that was a freak injury and Sean has eaten a significant amount of leg kicks since then to show me that it won't be an issue.
O'Malley was landing on Vera often before the injury last time and I think this time he puts Marlon away.
**O'Malley**

Dustin - BSD:
The lunatic in me is looking for Whittaker DDP vibez here but I wouldn't bet on St. Denis in this one. He has pretty good wrestling and is very aggressive constantly so you cant completely count him out. Dustin doesn't love fighting southpaws so there's that. But Poirier is such an experienced, savvy, vicious , deliberate animal at this point that it's hard to favor an up and coming guy against him. Dustin finishes him.
**Dustin**

Holland- MVP:
I'm gonna be honest with you guys, I've watched 2 fights of MVP, and one was against Lima where he got melted. I don't know how to gauge this matchup. Kevin has a little bit more of a traditional boxing style when compared to Venom who darts in and out karate blitz style. I'm gonna take the flyer and say MVP just because.
**MVP**

Burns - JDM:
Great fight as well. Super excited for this one. Burns will definitely bring his wrestling shoes, and in my estimation he can't win without them barring a big mistake on the feet made by Jack.
I don't know how confident I am in Gil keeping Jack down. I've got JDM as I think he's a bit sharper and hungrier at this point of his career and Burns will struggle getting to him and neutralizing the striking and movement.
**JDM**

Yan - Song:
This has potential to be FOTN too. Such a great scrap. Somebody is getting TKOd.
Yan is more refined and nuanced version of Song so he should win but anything can happen in an exchange. I'm picking Yan to bounce back .
**Yan**

To cap things off quickly I just wanna say RIP to the Legendary Sherbro YOLOGOGOPLATA. Forever missed and never forgotten.
If anyone is going through anything, please remember that you deserve to be happy and you are worth it. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Much Love and enjoy the card.

PS:
A-Snowboarder-Jumping.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you turned a potentially interesting thread into something else with those last comments and I dont think this is the place for it, but what do I know.

to make some fun of it, Israel would need to enlist guys like Connor or Khabib. They would cherry pick their enemies one by one, less casualties
There's a simple solution:
Leave the thread.

17061-3958929.png

(Updated) :eek:
I want to get this one perfectly :)

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in myself for not including some of the prelim fights. I typically stick to the main card for these picks but the prelim fights are sick.

I've got Pedro edging Kyler.
I've got RDA in a close battle vs Gamrot.
Maycee wins by TKO.
Jalton dominates Curtis.

Great card coming tonight boys, can’t wait for it. I’ll give it a try with pics.

O’Malley via UD
Poirier via 4th round tko
Holland via 3rd round tko
Burns via 2nd round sub
Yan via UD

I don't like picking fighters off a KO. I'm taking St. Denis by TKO.

Yan
O'Malley
MVP
Burns

Back