UFC 300 Being Announced Through Super Bowl Commercial?

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Might be the coolest way to announce a fight for everyone to see, would actually make the point of the delay.

Heard Chael mention it the other day as well that it might happen during Superbowl HalfTime

Dana is in Vegas for the Superbowl and Bruce Buffer has been doing Announcing Work for the Super Bowl there as well.
Would you guys be into it?

"Theory from the fight forum" from some random and now it will be a 10 page thread here lol, joke <Lmaoo>

You're going to spend 7 million dollars on a commercial to promote the event for 30 seconds? Seems like a waste of money. No way that generates that money back.

"Theory from the fight forum" from some random and now it will be a 10 page thread here lol, joke <Lmaoo>
Chael mentioned it as well on one his 100s of videos on UFC 300 to be fair, but Chael is probably less reliable than "Verdictmma" or the forum lol

Is this a tweet of a screenshot of a Reddit post?

Dana isn’t in Vegas for the Super Bowl he lives there

<JagsKiddingMe>

UFC is going to spend $7,000,000 to air 1 UFC event? I’m sorry that would be the dumbest business move ever made.

You're going to spend 7 million dollars on a commercial to promote the event for 30 seconds? Seems like a waste of money. No way that generates that money back.
More people in the States watch the lone game, every year, than anything else on TV. And there is a degree of the population who don't watch the game at all, but shows up specifically for the half time commercials. It honestly makes sense, and if they announce Conor for a title fight in a brand new weight class, that card is doing huge numbers (I doubt the part about Conor, though).

Announcing it this way would actually be brilliant, that $7m is meaningless, relative to return they'd receive.

If ufc 300 was the following wkend I’d get it but that seems like a total waste of money. He guys we have a fight in 2 months!

Going to be Pereira vs Aspinall. Watch.

I heard it was suppose to be CM Punk returning but he got hurt at the Rattle Rumble

I mean if that’s true than the only fight big enough is Conor vs Chandler. They aren’t going to spend money to announce Alex vs Tom at the superbowl… most viewers won’t know who tf they are

1707605905457.jpeg

I saw this, could be ‘epic’ ?

But would UFC not be too cheap for this?

Tho it might explain it being kept so dark I guess

Lol another 10+ thread page incoming based on a random fanboy's hypothetical with no legitimacy.

UFC is about pinching pennies these days, a Super Bowl ad isn't necessary.

Only interested if the main and co-main are Dana getting oiled up and Jon Jones fingering a butthole.

Just a rumor, the fight would have to be like a Brock or Connor name to spend ad money on the Super Bowl. I think its 11 million for 30 seconds or sumthin crazy

Back