UFC 300 Play-By-Play

What are the odds on "Sterling fakes an illegal blow to get a DQ win"?

Kattar Dec for this.

I might be reading it wrong, but Kattar is very good at avoiding spending time on his back. Sterling is a great grappler, a serviceable striker but he's never had great takedowns.

If he wins I assume it's from constant grappling pressure where he just doesn't let Kattar fight at range and keeps it in grappling range. Think that TDD compared with sterlings takedown offence has got me leaning for the underdog pick though.

Kattar Dec for this.

I might be reading it wrong, but Kattar is very good at avoiding spending time on his back. Sterling is a great grappler, a serviceable striker but he's never had great takedowns.

If he wins I assume it's from constant grappling pressure where he just doesn't let Kattar fight at range and keeps it in grappling range. Think that TDD compared with sterlings takedown offence has got me leaning for the underdog pick though.
Very possible. We'll likely know which way it's headed at the end of the 1st.

Sterling didn't do much as far as dmg or submissions with the grappling+control time, but it still added up and when standing he was landing the better quantity of damaging strikes.
Should be 1-0 Sterling. Kattar needs to up the output and avoid grappling distance.

Round 1 was telling, surprised Sterling was able to get them so easy even if Kattar.got back up.

Might be a long night for Kattar if he can't adjust to stop that takedown.

2-0 Sterling. Not the most exciting of fights, but he's dominating and all Kattar can do is nullify/hang on.

Calvin needs a finish but looks like he might not be able to throw enough strikes to hit double digits.

Not ideal when he's a pressure fighter. Sterling should win a decision here outside of a dramatic fuck up.

I read that fight all wrong. Kattar had absolutely no answer for that. Genuinely surprised at how easy Sterling controlled him on the ground. Even though he didn't land or threaten much he just had Kattar on the defensive the entire fight and he was several steps behind once he couldn't separate.

Probably the worst performance I've seen from Kattar. Impressive from Sterling to nullify him like that.

I expect Rakic to win. Outside of lucky punch, he should win. Hes way better

Rakic 1-0, and some great dmg done to those legs, but it feels like the pace of Rakic might have caused him to gas a bit.
Jiri +255 live if anyone thinks he can pull off the comeback.

That was such a weird look by Jiri to start. It's like he was doing all setups and didn't want to throw. The first time he threw a good combo he landed well.

Jiri live +164
$150

Rakic punches arent doing a whole lot. I think Jiri gets to him.

Back