UFC Abu Dhabi - Who do you think will be on the card?

What's the concession and why does Ankalaev barely deserve a title shot? He hasn't lost in 12 fights and would have already been champ a year and a half ago if the judges didn't somehow come up with a draw in a fight that nearly everyone scored for Ankalaev, while Alex is only a 3 fight win streak since a KO loss. More media judges scored the Alex fight for Jan than the Ankalaev fight,
But vs who? vs 5x no ranked opponent. Then Krylov #6, Oezdemir #9, Santos ... was like #6(not ranked anymore), Smith #10 - After this he got absolutely free gifted title shot vs Blachowicz #4....and it was one of most pathetic title fights i have ever seen. Thats how u fight for title??? This draw was absolute lose to both of fighters and either of them is not deserving of title shot until they beat someone from top. + Fights vs Walker??? It was DQ if he wasnt fighting in Abu Dhabi....

Of course he wants to fight for championship belt in Abu Dhabi....October... f him.

Main: Movsar Evloev vs Aljamain Sterling
Co-main: Ulanbekov vs a small dude

But vs who? vs 5x no ranked opponent. Then Krylov #6, Oezdemir #9, Santos ... was like #6(not ranked anymore), Smith #10 - After this he got absolutely free gifted title shot vs Blachowicz #4....and it was one of most pathetic title fights i have ever seen. Thats how u fight for title??? This draw was absolute lose to both of fighters and either of them is not deserving of title shot until they beat someone from top. + Fights vs Walker??? It was DQ if he wasnt fighting in Abu Dhabi....

Of course he wants to fight for championship belt in Abu Dhabi....October... f him.

Ankalaev was just making a logical conclusion to when UFC might be looking to book Pereira for his next title defense. I'm sure he would be open to fighting sooner. If Pereira is only going to headline events then there aren't as many opportunities for them to fight as you think:

301 - Pantoja vs Erceg
302 - Makhachev vs Poirier
303 - McGregor vs Chandler
304 - Likely Aspinall vs Gane in the UK
305 - Likely DDP vs Adesanya in Australia
306 - UFC Noche card
307 - Not announced where yet
308 - Abu Dhabi

So yeah, Ankalaev was not being as ridiculous as the haters are making him out to be.

Krylov, Oezdemir, Santos, Smith, Walker and Jan are all top 10, except Santos who isn't in the UFC but was #5 at the time. He didn't beat Walker in Abu Dhabi, he beat him in Las Vegas.

Not sure what kind of mental gymnastics you have to do to convince yourself that a guy who hasn't lost in over 6 years and has beaten 6 top 10s, including a guy who was champ the year before and a former title contender, hasn't done enough for a title shot. He beat both guys that got Hill a title shot, and the guy who got Pereira a title shot.

That NC should have been a DQ Loss to Ankalaev but the fight was in Abu Dhabi...

Ankalaev can fight Pereira in the USA or Brazil.
What does "the fight was in Abu Dhabi" have to do with anything? The ref was from England. Ankalaev was beating him up in that fight, then KOd him in the rematch.

Which card in US or Brazil would they fight on?

If Islam wins vs Poirier, it's almost a guarantee that he will fight Arman on that card.
Or rematches Poirier on this card if he loses.

Other guesses:

Khamzat vs DDP if Khamzat beats Bobby? But it will be interesting to see if UFC will put it as a main event above Islams fight. Otherwise I dont see where they go with Khamzat in 2024 should he beat Bobby..

Ankalaev always fights on Abu Dhabi cards. If Khamzat loses than perhaps Alex-Ankalaev as a main event? Not sure they would want Alex to defend in Abu-Dhabi though and he can carry a whole separate PPV card alone..

Umar - Cory Sandhagen is likely

Aliskerov vs Dolidze or Craig is likely if he beats Muniz.

Maybe they will throw Petr Yan in. Petr - Chito?

Sharaputdin Magomedov is highly likely to be there

Khamzat vs DDP if Khamzat beats Bobby? But it will be interesting to see if UFC will put it as a main event above Islams fight. Otherwise I dont see where they go with Khamzat in 2024 should he beat Bobby..

DDP vs Adesanya is the likely headliner for the Australia PPV in August, unlikely we'd see the winner of that again until December at the earliest.

Lol at Poatan and Pantoja. They aren't dumb to fight a muslim in Abu Dhabi.
Oliveria didn't have a choice. Nor did any of the other guys who fought Muslims in Abu dhabi

What does "the fight was in Abu Dhabi" have to do with anything? The ref was from England. Ankalaev was beating him up in that fight, then KOd him in the rematch.

Which card in US or Brazil would they fight on?
Different comission... It should have been overturned into DQ.

Pereira vs Ankalaev
O'Malley vs Merab

Islam is tired of Abu Dhabi, wants MSG or Vegas according to an interview from a month or so ago.

Plus OCT would be a 4-month turnaround, & we just saw that OCT to FEB(4 months) was too quick.

Let's be real, there's no way on Earth they're sending the headliner of UFC 300 to fight in Abu Dhabi.

Alex Pereira is almost certainly a no go.

He's the champion, he doesn't need to make a single concession to someone like Magomed Ankalaev who barely deserves a title shot to begin with.
How the fuck does ankalev not deserve the title shot? He SHOULD be champion

Reactions: HHJ
Khamzat vs Tommy/alex/DDP in a 3 on 1 matchup

I'm lucky enough to get the opportunity to be there, just wondering if you guys know anything yet about who's going to be on that card?

Or maybe any wild guesses?

Thanks a lot
Every fighter on the roster who's last name ends with "V"

How the fuck does ankalev not deserve the title shot? He SHOULD be champion

Because Dana runs the UFC a certain way lol

Until Dana says he's getting a title shot, I don't believe it, much less in Abu Dhabi .

Because Dana runs the UFC a certain way lol

Until Dana says he's getting a title shot, I don't believe it, much less in Abu Dhabi .

Jan deserves as much of the blame for how much it was perceived as "boring", Dana still put him in a #1 contender's fight vs Pereira after that. Dana has the memory of the goldfish these days, I really doubt he holds any form of a grudge still regarding that fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back