UFC Becomes ExcLusive to ESPN

The cards are going to get even more watered down.

And you have to pay for espn+ and the cost of ppvs went up recently.

This sucks.

But quantity is way up.

I guess I am just an og. I would rather have better quality, less quantity, but those old days aren’t coming back.

This is a nefarious plan by the liberal elites to destroy anything that represents "toxic masculinity". They attacked and practically ruined football for the whole country. Now these globalist bastards have the UFC in their sights.
ESPN is a pathetic group of whiny SJWs.

Yes "Fuck Kap" for Kneeling (which is considered showing respect) facing the flag in a peaceful protest to bring awareness to police brutality.

Where as most vocal fans who bash him are most likely not standing at home or doing this at the stadium.

Look I feel anyone should be proud of where they are from...or their race. Brazilians should be proud... Russians should be proud. Americans should be proud...etc

True Patriotism is a great thing.
Blind Patriotism is a bad thing.
Fake Patriotism is the worse thing.

And true patriots and vets should not allow Racists to disguise their racism as Patriotism.

Help expose them. Call them out as well. Take back what it really means to be Patriotic.

What a pathetic backwards ass way of looking at it. Typical liberal viewpoint seeing the opposite of reality because reality contradicts the liberal narrative.
Protesting is good but not always appropriate.
During our National Anthem is not the time. It's an anti American sentiment from a pathetic communist screw bag who needs to disappear into obscurity. The globalist elites who want the downfall of America supported him along with their controlled media.
That's why he got way more attention than he ever should have.
There is an agenda.
Stop supporting it with bullshit mental gymnastics trying to make what he did out to be good and patriotic. It's sickening.

This is a nefarious plan by the liberal elites to destroy anything that represents "toxic masculinity". They attacked and practically ruined football for the whole country. Now these globalist bastards have the UFC in their sights.
ESPN is a pathetic group of whiny SJWs.
I hope your joking this has nothing to do with politics this is about money and money tops politics everytime. They see that the Paramount Network pulls nearly 800,000 viewers to watch Bellator events with little if any name recognition outside of MMA fanatics. They see that there is really is a business model for their streaming media platform because any NFL deal with be next to impossible to do. It's not unlike the deal that they paid Disney for Marvel, Pixar and LucasFilms exclusives. The 300 million a year seems to be the in number by today standards being paid for content exclusives by smaller but still pretty large parties like UFC.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisha...tar-wars-and-pixar-in-september/#47c9bc97135d

its on a new channel ESPN+ which we have to pay for monthly streaming. I ain't paying for it. I already pay for enough
Its cheaper than fight pass, which many people already had. If you cannot afford 5 bucks a month you need to reevaluate your spending habits.

What a pathetic backwards ass way of looking at it. Typical liberal viewpoint seeing the opposite of reality because reality contradicts the liberal narrative.
Protesting is good but not always appropriate.
During our National Anthem is not the time. It's an anti American sentiment from a pathetic communist screw bag who needs to disappear into obscurity. The globalist elites who want the downfall of America supported him along with their controlled media.
That's why he got way more attention than he ever should have.
There is an agenda.
Stop supporting it with bullshit mental gymnastics trying to make what he did out to be good and patriotic. It's sickening.
I am a combat veteran and will only kneel from this point forward. Fake patriotism over a fucking song is stupid.

Meltzer:
According to Sports Business Journal and other industry sources, FOX was wanting exclusivity for UFC, although was willing to accept a joint offer, but not at the $10 million per show price tag, although that figure is a little misleading because there is a lot of other programming involved. FOX told WME IMG last week that they were pulling their offer off the table, which clearly coincided with using that $200 million budgeted and offered to sign WWE. It’s notable that they, in making the choice, felt 52 weeks of Smackdown on Friday nights was more valuable than 20 UFC shows combined with the ancillary programming that to a degree carried FS 1 and dominated programming on FS 2, which will now have hundreds of hours that would be needed to fill. FS 1 does consider ESPN its prime rival, so UFC going to ESPN may have changed the dynamic as compared if they had gone with NBC or Turner.

--

So it seems that the bigger offer from Fox ($250m) was for exclusivity for TV content
They dropped it to $200 if UFC were going to split rights, but balked at the content being only 20 shows & the other network possibly being ESPN

Basically they get 104 smackdown hrs for that price

did meltzer say anything else about the deals and its implications? he was teasing big info on this issue about how these deals would change the industry.

Last edited:
did meltzer say anything else about the deals and its implications? he was teasing big info on this issue about how these deals would change the industry.

He gave a lot of explanation (as he usually does) regarding the deals
But nothing new as far as info (outside of what I added)
A lot of the info came out in between his tweet & the newsletter release

Fuck Disney. I said that more than once today. Just laughing at that stock. Hasn't moved in fuckin months. Can't seem to get any traction. I see ESPN as deadweight but I can see them wanting to keep it. And now Comcast is trying to outbid them for FOX. If Disney got its act together, it has the library to take on Netflix. And talent and original content.

A main reason ESPN is getting fucked is the massive price of sports broadcasting rights. They cost a fortune. They HAVE to charge a lot.

ESPN's decline has been greatly exaggerated. ESPN's operating profit is down a bit from a couple of years ago when it peaked at over $4 billion, but it was still at about $3.5 billion profit last year and looking about the same this year. That's just back to 2012/2013 levels. It's still one of the most profitable parts of Disney. It's actually Disney's other cable channels that are the drag on that segment. Kids aren't watching Disney Channel like they used to and Freeform is a trainwreck. Viacom is having the same trouble with their youth-oriented channels.

I think the independant platform for podcasters is very underrated.

Once you sign up with those companies, they own your ass now.

Hope it works out for him as its pretty much how i get my mma news other than my fellow Sherbros.
Can’t agree more with you. But you have to think he might’ve known ESPN was gonna get the deal before he took the job. He must feel he has a good backening in ESPN, has to or else he’s fucked. I think Dana may be ok as long as Ariel doesn’t stir too much shit. I bet he won’t leak any more news and that’s fine as his new role will be a bit different. But it does seriously suck for us. We won’t get his first hand news. His twitter was my primary source.

Can’t agree more with you. But you have to think he might’ve known ESPN was gonna get the deal before he took the job. He must feel he has a good backening in ESPN, has to or else he’s fucked. I think Dana may be ok as long as Ariel doesn’t stir too much shit. I bet he won’t leak any more news and that’s fine as his new role will be a bit different. But it does seriously suck for us. We won’t get his first hand news. His twitter was my primary source.

He hasn't really leaked much since UFC 200. Once they found the mole, his intel was a lot less.

Fuck Kap, and fuck commentators that stray from their primary jobs to give personal political opinions
The National Anthem is political.

Steven A. smith gets a lot of agitated, but I like him. One of the few sports commentators (and just about the only black one) willing to call out the BS regarding Kaepernick.
Many whites use to hate Smith when he called out anti Black bias.

Anyway Kaep sacrificed his career to highlight unarmed Black Americans getting gunned down by the state(I guess tyranny doesn’t apply to Black well being). He’s on the right side of history.

Last edited:
I hope your joking this has nothing to do with politics this is about money and money tops politics everytime. They see that the Paramount Network pulls nearly 800,000 viewers to watch Bellator events with little if any name recognition outside of MMA fanatics. They see that there is really is a business model for their streaming media platform because any NFL deal with be next to impossible to do. It's not unlike the deal that they paid Disney for Marvel, Pixar and LucasFilms exclusives. The 300 million a year seems to be the in number by today standards being paid for content exclusives by smaller but still pretty large parties like UFC.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisha...tar-wars-and-pixar-in-september/#47c9bc97135d

I won't argue any of your numbers. I'm sure theyre on.
The only thing I will argue is that sometimes agenda will supersede profits in the short term. Those who wish to achieve certain cultural "changes" will spend money to do it.

I am a combat veteran and will only kneel from this point forward. Fake patriotism over a fucking song is stupid.
Being a combat veteran doesn't given you some expert opinion on the subject(obviously). I'm just as much as a citizen as you are. So why mention it ?

And you're dead wrong.
Fake patriotism ? So you get to say that everyone is fake now ?
Stupid song huh ? Is that all it is ? Does it have no meaning to you ?
Singing the Anthem is a tribute to the beginning of our country and those who fought then and still fight now for the continued existence of our freedoms.
It bonds us all together as Americans regardless of race, religion etc.
That bind is very importsnt for citizens to have. Nationalism brings us together. That's why the elitists try to destroy it.
Kneeling is a disgusting disrespect to our country, soldiers and way of life.
Get off your knees and have some respect.

Being a combat veteran doesn't given you some expert opinion on the subject(obviously). I'm just as much as a citizen as you are. So why mention it ?

And you're dead wrong.
Fake patriotism ? So you get to say that everyone is fake now ?
Stupid song huh ? Is that all it is ? Does it have no meaning to you ?
Singing the Anthem is a tribute to the beginning of our country and those who fought then and still fight now for the continued existence of our freedoms.
It bonds us all together as Americans regardless of race, religion etc.
That bind is very importsnt for citizens to have. Nationalism brings us together. That's why the elitists try to destroy it.
Kneeling is a disgusting disrespect to our country, soldiers and way of life.
Get off your knees and have some respect.
I am a fucking soldier and it shows zero disrespect to me. I do not need some song and a piece of cloth to show my patriotism, and if you do you are missing the point about what it is. People just want to get offended but 99% of them never did anything to further this country. I earned the right to do whatever the hell I want by giving up years of my life in uniform so I will continue to kneel while wearing a Iraq veteran hat.

I am a fucking soldier and it shows zero disrespect to me. I do not need some song and a piece of cloth to show my patriotism, and if you do you are missing the point about what it is. People just want to get offended but 99% of them never did anything to further this country. I earned the right to do whatever the hell I want by giving up years of my life in uniform so I will continue to kneel while wearing a Iraq veteran hat.

Again you being a soldier doesn't make your opinion any more valid than anyone else's, so save it.
No one is saying they NEED the song or the Flag(piece of cloth as you put it).
But rather we respect and cherish what it represents and think that protesting the things we don't like can be done at another time. Not during the Anthem.
And no one said you can't kneel genius. It's your right and again it has nothing to do with your service that you keep bringing up and that I'm starting to seriously doubt. Just that youd be a pathetic, whiny, disrespectful little traitorous bastard to do so........thats all.
So please feel free to stay on your knees. It's your right.

I guess I won't be watching FOX Sports anymore just like I stopped watching Spike TV except for a bit of Bellator.

Back