UFC Beijing Blaydes vs Ngannou 2 is Stacked for a Fight Pass Card

It's a Fight Pass card in China, best to put things in context and enjoy accordingly. It's actually quite good.
I don't care who the fighter is. I love fighting, so I watch it whenever I have it whenever I have a chance.

I hate this rematch.

Anyway, I'm on the east coast, so I guess I'll be watching this at 7 AM?
Damn, I didn't even think about the time.

I like the rematch for Blaydes. He says its the only fight other than the title that he wants. IMO with his record and as light as HW is he has earned the right to make that decision...

But I kinda agree. I would have rather seen Blaydes vs Stipe or Blaydes vs Volkov/Lewis. IMO he's still a fight away from the title against a top competitor and therin lies the rub. If Ngannou that fought Lewis shows up to fight I think it sets Blaydes back another fight, through no fault of his own.

Damn, I didn't even think about the time.

I like the rematch for Blaydes. He says its the only fight other than the title that he wants. IMO with his record and as light as HW is he has earned the right to make that decision...

But I kinda agree. I would have rather seen Blaydes vs Stipe or Blaydes vs Volkov/Lewis. IMO he's still a fight away from the title against a top competitor and therin lies the rub. If Ngannou that fought Lewis shows up to fight I think it sets Blaydes back another fight, through no fault of his own.

I just think they should let these two get a couple more fights in before the rematch. Either Blaydes' momentum is getting ruined or Ngannou will be on a 3-fight losing streak. Not good for two top 5 HWs. I hope someone gets pulled.

I just think they should let these two get a couple more fights in before the rematch. Either Blaydes' momentum is getting ruined or Ngannou will be on a 3-fight losing streak. Not good for two top 5 HWs. I hope someone gets pulled.
Ahh.. I see your point.
I try not to think about things that way. I prefer to look at the matchup for the competition rather than the implication on the rankings... but one of those 2 things will happen.

Even if Blaydes loses he's young enough and HW is thin enough that he could bounce back. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a third crack at Ngannou even down 2.

Blaydes Stipe would probably be a better fight to make when taking everything into account. But that's a tough ppv headliner to sell and I don't think they want to demote Stipe to a fight night card.

IDK. It's not strictly BAD matchmaking but you make good points with the problems with it.

They should have put Blaydes against Volkov instead of that disastrous clusterfuck with Lewis, booked Ngannou or Overeem vs Taivasa, or JDS vs Blaydes/Volkov. The HW is literally a wasteland now.

I don't care who the fighter is. I love fighting, so I watch it whenever I have it whenever I have a chance.
Ah ok I misinterpreted your post, I thought you weren't happy. Agreed, great fights are all that matters.

I would rather them have come to Hong Kong/Shenzhen, but FINE, JIA YOU WA!

I think it's in Kenan and Yadong Song's contracts that they must be booked together

Shit coming along nicely

Francis Ngannou vs. Curtis Blaydes
Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Li Jingliang
Wu Yanan vs. Lauren Mueller
Hu Yaozong vs. Rashad Coulter
Weili Zhang vs. Jessica Aguilar
Xiaonan Yan vs. Syuri Kondo
Song Yadong vs. Frankie Saenz
Song Kenan vs. Alex Morono

I'll take your word for it.

Shit coming along nicely

Francis Ngannou vs. Curtis Blaydes
Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Li Jingliang
Wu Yanan vs. Lauren Mueller
Hu Yaozong vs. Rashad Coulter
Weili Zhang vs. Jessica Aguilar
Xiaonan Yan vs. Syuri Kondo
Song Yadong vs. Frankie Saenz
Song Kenan vs. Alex Morono
1. Zaleski vs Jingliang makes no sense. Well, it makes as much sense as Matthews vs Jingliang did. Step down for Zaleski against a dangerous hometown opponent.

2. Why on earth isn't Yan Xionan getting a step up? She's 2-0 in the UFC. Why on earth would they match her against someone coming off a loss?

3. Why is Yadong Song being matched with Saenz? Song is a prospect, and Saenz' MO is to make guys look bad. Then again, if Song pulls this off, he will be a proven contender.

Overall still a great card.

Great card, phenomenal stuff.
Hopefully UFC signs a few more Chinese fighters like Lu Zhenhong and Wu Chengjie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back