Media UFC champ Alexander Volkanovski attempts to submit Nba Champ Jamal Murray in under one minute

Yep. That’s what it looks like when someone tries grappling for the first time.

Alexander Volkanovski fails to submit a-level athlete in Jamal Murray in under one minute. Not a good look for mma tbh

WTF is Murray doing this for after his serious knee and foot injuries. I bet the nuggets management are stressed the f..k out watching this.

Most NBA contracts prohibit any slightly risky sport. "The standard NBA contract I believe specifically prohibits boxing, professional wrestling, motorcycling, moped-riding, auto-racing, sky-diving and hang-gliding."

Volk aint the most natural sub guy in the world. Now to think off it does he have any in the ufc?

No. Closest he's come that I can recall off-hand is an attempt at an arm-triangle against Yair in the final minute of Round 1, but Yair defended it. Actually, glancing at his Stats page, he apparently got credited with three separate submission attempts against Darren Elkins as well (which are his only official ones in the UFC), but I don't know the specifics and can't be bothered to watch that fight right now lol.

He has three submission wins across his 28-fight career, all back on the Aussie regional scene: Rd 1 guillotine, Rd 1 RNC, and Rd 4 triangle choke. The first two were at Lightweight, the third was at Featherweight. Interestingly, all three were in championship bouts against opponents with decent records.

All that being said, I think it's fair to say that Volkanovski's defensive Jiu-Jitsu is considerably better than his offensive Jiu-Jitsu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back