UFC events drag on way too long

Between the introductions, advertisements and promotion of the next event/flavour of the month it really is starting to blow out. For a good card I don’t mind but ufc doesn’t put together good cards anymore, so I end up getting bored halfway through and tune back in for the main event. I don’t pay for their service and never will though so i can’t complain

This argument is so lame and played out at this point. They charge 100 fucking dollars for a PPV, and WMMA fights like that are a negative. Always going the distance, or late 3rd round submission.

Could you imagine being on the east coast at 1:30 am in the morning, you pay 100$ for that PPV and fall asleep because that shit fight comes on? What’s your suggestion of things to do at 1:30 am, Go score some lines so you can stay up?

I live on the East Coast. It’s really not that bad. I watch the fights for free. I’m usually watching the fight at a bar or friends house.

You guys are just being dramatic. If there is boring fight talk to some friends or get sone drinks at the bar

I fell asleep during Rose/Carla and ended up sleeping until 3am........completely missed the main event. That's some shit right there.

Do we really need to be glued to a tv for 7 hours to take in a fight card, too often by the time the main even rolls along I need toothpicks to hold my eyelids open, it just drags on for way too long.

Last night was full of highs and lows, you would have a great finish followed by a complete snoozefest that just took all the wind out of the sails. They seem to purposely throw intriguing fights all over the card and mix in the fights almost no one is interested in somewhere in between so that you can’t just tune in when the good stuff starts, or tune out when the snoozefest begins.

Now take away the pure garbage that was Rose vs Esparza, Gatto vs Cortez and Carnelosi vs Godinez, and you have just shaved off about 90 minutes we all could have done without.

As a hardcore fan I’m used to it and I know the drill, just go do something else for 20 minutes when that guaranteed boring WMMA decision comes on, but it’s really hard when you get semi casuals who come over to watch the fights, just makes it that much less likely that these people will ever become more interested in mma and almost certainly won’t be willing to pay for a ppv themselves.

I just don’t understand why they continue to do this, if there’s really a demand for chick fights then keep it separate and let whoever enjoys it tune in, while the rest of us can skip it and watch the fights we’re actually interested in.

No other sport does this, just imagine an NFL or NHL game throwing in womens football/hockey games during the intermission, it’s just fucken stupid. I know that outside of a few outliers this forum pretty much unanimously agrees that they would rather do without WMMA, especially on ppv cards.

Not exactly a new original topic I know, it’s all been said before but seriously what will it take to make this go away?

you gotta set up two tvs. Have mario kart or halo on to keep energy!

They are way too long. The main card starts too late. I’m too old to stay up until 2am to watch an entire card.

Me trying to watch the main event 5 rounder after the co-main event 5 rounder went the distance. (East Coast)
2aznz7.jpg

Introduce fighters on the way to the cage except title fights, one fight after the other, none of this waiting for a specific time for each fight bullshit

Agreed. The fighters in the next match should already be ready. Like being on deck in baseball.

More and more i just download the event the next day rather than watch it live. There's like two interesting fights per card, if that, these days.

Do we really need to be glued to a tv for 7 hours to take in a fight card, too often by the time the main even rolls along I need toothpicks to hold my eyelids open, it just drags on for way too long.

Last night was full of highs and lows, you would have a great finish followed by a complete snoozefest that just took all the wind out of the sails. They seem to purposely throw intriguing fights all over the card and mix in the fights almost no one is interested in somewhere in between so that you can’t just tune in when the good stuff starts, or tune out when the snoozefest begins.

Now take away the pure garbage that was Rose vs Esparza, Gatto vs Cortez and Carnelosi vs Godinez, and you have just shaved off about 90 minutes we all could have done without.

As a hardcore fan I’m used to it and I know the drill, just go do something else for 20 minutes when that guaranteed boring WMMA decision comes on, but it’s really hard when you get semi casuals who come over to watch the fights, just makes it that much less likely that these people will ever become more interested in mma and almost certainly won’t be willing to pay for a ppv themselves.

I just don’t understand why they continue to do this, if there’s really a demand for chick fights then keep it separate and let whoever enjoys it tune in, while the rest of us can skip it and watch the fights we’re actually interested in.

No other sport does this, just imagine an NFL or NHL game throwing in womens football/hockey games during the intermission, it’s just fucken stupid. I know that outside of a few outliers this forum pretty much unanimously agrees that they would rather do without WMMA, especially on ppv cards.

Not exactly a new original topic I know, it’s all been said before but seriously what will it take to make this go away?
I haven't watched WWE in 20 years, but it's a wonder to me that UFC doesn't follow its model of having a couple of regularly scheduled 1 - 2 hour shows every week, then a pay-per-view once every few months. It would be a great way to draw in casual viewers, and be so much easier on hardcore fans than the current model.

I agree with you. It's almost as if the UFC doesn't want anyone to watch live, because frankly it's nearly impossible to enjoy the event as a whole.

Just join the PPV 30 minutes after it starts. Plenty of buffer to skip the boring stuff.

Oh fuck you you cuddle fish cuck, yeah I hate women so much that I married one.

“Oh you just hate women”, talk about the pinnacle of dumb and disingenuous soy boy reactions to what I actually said.

<YeahOKJen>

Why do you hate women buddy? Just because you are married doesn't mean you can't be a women hating white trash sexist pos type of guy...

Maybe when watching but live, haven't noticed. If I'm traveling to another city specifically for the UFC, I want to do UFC shit. Go to the weigh-ins, meet & greets, tailgates, & the events.

You know you can tune in as as late as you want to right?

The more MMA the better as far as I am concerned Karen.

Well since I live in Europe, I have UFC to watch when I wake up so falling asleep in the middle of the night isn’t a problem. However, even if I can fast forward through an event, it often feels too long. Watching prelims nowadays will never happen, though I used to watch it ~10 years ago. I’m not against WMMA, but I’m entirely against shitty fights and a bloated roster. Cut 2/3 of the roster and run fewer events and I would probably care enough to watch an entire event without having to fast forward through regional circuit quality fighters (err, sorry, I mean “prospects”).

i hate when they put 2 title fights in 1 card thats one reason it was long wait

They need to speed up the time between fights. Yeah fighters are warming up, but this is it. It's not training time, it's show time.

Back