UFC Fight Austin Picks: Who The Heck Wins in Dariush vs. Tsarukyan?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
This is one of the best Fight Night cards that the UFC has hosted all year. Some underrated bangers and plenty of fights between ranked talent in multiple divisions.

Beneil Dariush vs. Arman Tsarukyan:
The loss to Oliveira still lingers heavily on betters mind as Dariush is a questionable underdog here. I think this may turn into a striking battle and Arman could take the win by stoppage due to strikes or win a close decision. Need help on this pick.

Prediction: Arman by UD

Bobby Green vs. Dan Hooker:
Green is so fun in the sense that when he fights other strikers, he engages in their style of fight. Will gladly go technique for technique with Fiziev or trade in the pocket with Dober. That makes me lean towards Hooker, I think Green will try and engage him in a kickboxing match and lose.

Prediction: Hooker by decision

Rob Font vs. Deveison Figueredo:
Surprised that Font is an underdog, I think that Fig is the smart pick if he utilizes his elite level grappling. If he tries to strike with Font exclusively his chances of winning decrease.

Prediction: Fig by SUB round 2

Sean Brady vs. Kelvin Gastelum:
A lot of unknowns here, but I think that a lot of people will lean towards Gastelum. I’ll go with Brady, I think he can implement his game for at least two of three rounds and win a decision.

Prediction: Brady by decision

Azamat Murzakanov vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.:
I think this is a 50/50 fight, Khalil can beat almost anyone if he is the one advancing while Murzakanov has scored knockdowns in all three of his UFC appearances. I’ll go with Khalil, I think Azamat will try and have a striking match with him and give Rountree the opportunity to land the kill shot.

Prediction: Khalil by TKO round 1

Benny, but it’ll be close. More to lose, and it just seems like fate that he’ll retire as the guy who turned away some good prospects, but never held the strap.

Green had a great performance with Dawson, but I don’t see a late career renaissance coming. Hooker sends him back to the undercard. Dominant UD or late finish. Hooker is a dog.

I’ll pass on Font. At his best, he beats Figgy. But he loses these kinds of fights all the time. Toss up.

Gas is done. We all know the story of what could have been. He may have a moment or two, but he loses this via decision. He’s still a hard guy to put away.

Don’t know shit about Murz, but a quick google reveals that he finishes a lot by KO/TKO. Khalil is also a violent man. Wouldn’t bet, but I’ll always root for Bangkok Khalil.

Good post!

I like Benny to win unless he’s aged 5 years since the Charles loss.

I’m in the minority here but I don’t think Arman is truly elite. He’s been riding the coat tails of a close fight with Islam but he seems like he’s stagnated especially in the striking department. If Islam and him fight again he’s getting washed.

Font vs Figgy is interesting to me like font by UD. If figgy doesn’t have the gas to wrestle the bigger man I think he’s going to get picked apart in the latter half of the 2nd and 3rd round

This is one of the best Fight Night cards that the UFC has hosted all year. Some underrated bangers and plenty of fights between ranked talent in multiple divisions.

Beneil Dariush vs. Arman Tsarukyan:
The loss to Oliveira still lingers heavily on betters mind as Dariush is a questionable underdog here. I think this may turn into a striking battle and Arman could take the win by stoppage due to strikes or win a close decision. Need help on this pick.

Prediction: Arman by UD

Bobby Green vs. Dan Hooker:
Green is so fun in the sense that when he fights other strikers, he engages in their style of fight. Will gladly go technique for technique with Fiziev or trade in the pocket with Dober. That makes me lean towards Hooker, I think Green will try and engage him in a kickboxing match and lose.

Prediction: Hooker by decision

Rob Font vs. Deveison Figueredo:
Surprised that Font is an underdog, I think that Fig is the smart pick if he utilizes his elite level grappling. If he tries to strike with Font exclusively his chances of winning decrease.

Prediction: Fig by SUB round 2

Sean Brady vs. Kelvin Gastelum:
A lot of unknowns here, but I think that a lot of people will lean towards Gastelum. I’ll go with Brady, I think he can implement his game for at least two of three rounds and win a decision.

Prediction: Brady by decision

Azamat Murzakanov vs. Khalil Rountree Jr.:
I think this is a 50/50 fight, Khalil can beat almost anyone if he is the one advancing while Murzakanov has scored knockdowns in all three of his UFC appearances. I’ll go with Khalil, I think Azamat will try and have a striking match with him and give Rountree the opportunity to land the kill shot.

Prediction: Khalil by TKO round 1
Tsaryukan.

I think Dariush was more concussed than he realized last fight and is coming back too soon. I also have a poor sense of time and don't remember when that last fight happened.

Tsaryukan will be a bit too much for Dariush in my opinion. He has great technique to stifle his opponents with his wrestling and is capable enough in the standing to make it a long night for Beneil. Tsaryukan by decision. 49-46.

I honestly can't remember a single Arman fight so Benny by default. I think Green has the momentum on his side and hasn't taken half the damage Dan has, so green by decision. The only point of reference i can remember from Brady is him making Belal Muhhamad of all people look like a K1 champion so Kelvin will piece him up.

Hard fights to predict. I think dariush is a good bet for underdog odds

Hooker should be better than bobby but who knows it’s likely a decision though

Benny wins by making it look like the Gamrot fight, that being said we don’t know how much damage the TKO loss against Charles did to him

I like Benny in this , but really difficult to predict

Good post!

I like Benny to win unless he’s aged 5 years since the Charles loss.

I’m in the minority here but I don’t think Arman is truly elite. He’s been riding the coat tails of a close fight with Islam but he seems like he’s stagnated especially in the striking department. If Islam and him fight again he’s getting washed.

Font vs Figgy is interesting to me like font by UD. If figgy doesn’t have the gas to wrestle the bigger man I think he’s going to get picked apart in the latter half of the 2nd and 3rd round

I agree, not sure Arman is good as he's made out to be. I think he's a solid #6-7 type fighter, maybe even top 5, but he's not even the best at what he does, which is going to forever hamper his progress.

That said, he's probably a better striker than Beneil. Question is, how much is that worth?

I'm going for a Dariush decision I think...

Back