UFC Fight Night 127 PBP

Volkov will get smashed by Stipe if he gets a shot

doesnt have the power on the feet to trouble miocic nor the ground or tdd to stop stipes gnp. without werdums unfortunate eye injury he pwobably wouldve lost a wide ud last night

doesnt have the power on the feet to trouble miocic nor the ground or tdd to stop stipes gnp. without werdums unfortunate eye injury he pwobably wouldve lost a wide ud last night

Werdum was gassed by the third round and I don’t think that was because of the eye injury.

still staring into space thinking about that terrion ware decision.

still staring into space thinking about that terrion ware decision.

Maybe it's just my perception, but doesn't it seem like judging overall is better recently from a macro standpoint, but that there is ONE fight per card where they 100% just shit the bed?

Maybe it's just my perception, but doesn't it seem like judging overall is better recently from a macro standpoint, but that there is ONE fight per card where they 100% just shit the bed?

i'm not sure, i feel like i've caught the bad end of the stick a lot recently. tim means, milstead, ray, ware. the one time where i thought i got the benefit of the doubt was on kim.

i guess it's a common gambler thing to feel like "i got screwed" more often than "wow i really got away with one".

Hard to say they shit the bed in this one though. Many, myself included, gave Duq rounds 1 and 2

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/8912/Tom-Duquesnoy-vs-Terrion-Ware

IDK. I guess the only argument is that Duquesnoy's strikes early in the fight looked cleaner? Ware threw more volume and outlanded him in every round.

I still gave Duquesnoy round 1 based on landing harder shots. After that, I'm really not sure what the argument is for him. I think maybe sometimes judges actually PUNISH guys for being too busy. In other words, judges somehow think landing 22 of 46 sig strikes is better than landing 34 of 84. And media guys fall into the trap too, as though we need to penalize a guy for all the strikes he throws that don't land. It's the only explanation for anyone giving Duqesnoy round 2 or 3.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/848e7af760788418

i thought round 2 was clearly ware, not that it matters now.

Stats suck. Duq was landing hard and clean consistently, especially low kicks, while Ware had little pillow fist bursts. It was still close, but yeah. If you don't see an argument for Duq dk what to tell you other than more than half the media and i'm sure other viewers besides myself had Duq winning so maybe you're missing something. Rare a straight robbery happens with that many ppl favoring the other side

I use the word "robbery" very rarely. I wouldn't call it that.

But...

Duq's hard leg kicks were mostly in round 1, and a bit early in rd 2 iirc. After that, when he got visibly tired, the sting was off them. They also didn't seem to have much effect on Ware at all, as he was never limping at all and didn't slow down his forward movement. His output actually increased as he felt Duq start to slow down.

Stats definitely don't tell the whole story, but they do matter. In this case I think Ware won. Was it close? Yeah, relatively close I'd say. Duq won round 1 imo. After that, I just don't see him getting the 2nd or 3rd rounds. But I've seen worse decisions for sure.

Just realized I got another hail mary going with the Volkov win. 24 bucks each to win 5.6k and 9.8k. I might get a heart attack during Gaethje/Poirier if both are still live by then
upload_2018-3-18_17-17-19.png

Just realized I got another hail mary going with the Volkov win. 24 bucks each to win 5.6k and 9.8k. I might get a heart attack during Gaethje/Poirier if both are still live by then
View attachment 356767

Wait so you have $24 right now to win $5600 and all you need is Gaethje to win?

Wait so you have $24 right now to win $5600 and all you need is Gaethje to win?
yeah, going to arb of as much as I can though, not just rolling with it, maybe put down 2-2.5k on Poirier

Got another one for about 80 bucks that pays 1.3k closing with Rose

yeah, going to arb of as much as I can though, not just rolling with it

Figured you might buy out some.

I actually like DP in that fight, but Gaethje is a wild card.

Figured you might buy out some.

I actually like DP in that fight, but Gaethje is a wild card.
Same here I also favor DP, the only problem is if both are live I will only be able to buy out maybe 20%, too limited everywhere. Might ask a friend to open an account to help me out

Same here I also favor DP, the only problem is if both are live I will only be able to buy out maybe 20%, too limited everywhere. Might ask a friend to open an account to help me out

How much do they limit you on props? If you wanted, could you hit DP's ML but then also hit his itd prop for some too? I cannot imagine any fight involving Gaethje going a full 5 rounds.

How much do they limit you on props? If you wanted, could you hit DP's ML but then also hit his itd prop for some too? I cannot imagine any fight involving Gaethje going a full 5 rounds.
Ahh have not thought about that. Bet365 let me bet around 2k on moneylines (and you can bet more and have them review it), have never tried maxbetting a prop. Will have to think about how I want to play this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back