PBP UFC Fight Night 187: Edwards vs. Muhammad - PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with your overall point. A lot.

So forgive me for nitpicking with this one part.

I believe there was a fight-ending eyepoke in a fight with Dan "The Bull" Bobish, also. Can't remember who poked him, though.

How was it clear that it was a mistake? He was consistently putting his fingers forward outstretched toward Belal's face. He was even warned to stop doing it.

I'm less a fan of draconian punishments than I am of consistent punishment. After a warning, the next eye poke is a point deduction. I think it would clear up the worst of the problem. Most point deductions I've seen are on the third poke, which is silly imo. Should be any poke after a warning loses a point, even if it is the first poke.

Also, it's past time to use Pride style gloves. UFC owns Pride now, so no need to be stubborn about it. The UFC gloves are inferior.

I agree on everything except the first part. It's on the ref to stop the outstretched fingers faster. he has pushed off to create distance after a kick from the replay. Changes need to be made regardless.

I like point deductions straight away to be honest like you said. No warnings if the foul is committed.

What a disappointing ending to a great card. Well guys have a good night! It was fun as always

Yeah not sure how to feel about all of that... Peace ya'll, see you in the forums.
74857-2215314.png

Yikes... Incredibly odd and unfortunate ends to a huge title fight last weekend and now the main event this weekend...
<6>
Crazy times we live in, Gents! What does 2021 have in store for us all next? I'm starting to think the kid from "Bubble Boy" may have been on to something after all.

And it's not like better gloves don't exist either

Just take Pride gloves and rebrand them as UFC. Problem solved.

Also, it's past time to use Pride style gloves. UFC owns Pride now, so no need to be stubborn about it. The UFC gloves are inferior.

If memory serves, Trevor Whitman was on the Joe Rogan Show and showed off some gloves he had designed which he claimed would eliminate eye-pokes. He showed them to the UFC but they weren't interested. Why? He theorized that the current deal the UFC has with the gloves manufacturer is so lucrative that they don't want to change it. So if he's correct, good old fashion corperate greed is to blame.

You ever been in a fight with a guy who could knock your fucking head into the front row? No. It happened in a millisecond. It's Leon's fault but it was not purposeful and it was a mistake.
Yes, I've been fighting since I was a child, mainly hooligan sets, with no gloves, eye pokes don't happen unless they are intended.

Ugh this is terrible. Not only did the fight get cut way short, but now Edwards is going to going to get bogged down by some pointless rematch assuming Muhammad’s eye is okay.
I don't think that a rematch is inevitable and it's unlikely to happen any time soon. Muhammed earned to fight a top guy in a fight night headliner because of his 4-fight win streak but it doesn't have to be Edwards next time, I expect he'll need some time off anyway to recover but when he's healthy he could just as easily be matched up against Magny or Chiesa while Edwards will likely have already fought someone else. If Edwards loses however and Muhammed wins against a top 10 fighter then a rematch can happen.

They are far too lenient with letting them slide. I like both guys but it's not just this fight.

Fekkin shame...
Stop giving warnings. First offence take 1 point.

If memory serves, Trevor Whitman was on the Joe Rogan Show and showed off some gloves he had designed which he claimed would eliminate eye-pokes. He showed them to the UFC but they weren't interested. Why? He theorized that the current deal the UFC has with the gloves manufacturer is so lucrative that they don't want to change it. So if he's correct, good old fashion corperate greed is to blame.
I remember that too, it's beyond ridiculous.

Back