PBP UFC Fight Night 187: Edwards vs. Muhammad - PBP Discussion: 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ba4fccd9a255ca2b53bb86fffc783d78_crop_exact.jpg

I missed a lot of that because I'm overseas, and so I'm watching the fights in a language that I don't understand. So I didn't hear the commentary describing the injury or any of that. I just saw an eye poke, which I've seen a million times before, and then him crying, which I've never seen except for the last UFC. So, I thought the reason he was crying was the same reason as Sterling was crying: trying to get the win. Then I watched the replay and saw how fucked up his eye was... So yeah I take all that back now. I just didn't all that information at first to form an educated opinion. Now I do, and I take it back.
Props for changing your opinion based on additional information. The vast majority of people won't do that.

Well at least it went well! Detached Retina can be proper fucked.
Yeah it was certainly interesting. It was emergency surgery since I had been ignoring the blind spot in my left eye for months until I was basically blind in one eye. Apparently if I had waited much longer I would have lost vision in the eye and probably the eye itself.

In the bright side, I guess I could get a cybernetic eye. Infrared and shit.

Oh yeah the drugs definitely balance it out a bit lol. Still being conscious during the surgery must be very weird feeling, like everything in our animal brain must be saying this is wrong nobody should be messing with my eyes
It was super indescribably weird. They gave me a drip so I was feeling great, then they have me a shot which blacked out my left eye, and put a cloth over my right.

Then they went into my eye and basically welded my retina back on. The whole time the surgeon was just chatting about random shit with his nurses. Vacations and stuff. They would ask me questions too. It was surreal.

A few hours later the drugs wore off and my eye started to hurt. A few months later it stopped hurting, and a few months after that I could see again.

The first time I saw a blob of light was one of the best feelings I can imagine.

Yeah it was certainly interesting. It was emergency surgery since I had been ignoring the blind spot in my left eye for months until I was basically blind in one eye. Apparently if I had waited much longer I would have lost vision in the eye and probably the eye itself.

KanoMKXrender.png

Happy to hear it worked out.

It was super indescribably weird. They gave me a drip so I was feeling great, then they have me a shot which blacked out my left eye, and put a cloth over my right.

Then they went into my eye and basically welded my retina back on. The whole time the surgeon was just chatting about random shit with his nurses. Vacations and stuff. They would ask me questions too. It was surreal.

A few hours later the drugs wore off and my eye started to hurt. A few months later it stopped hurting, and a few months after that I could see again.

The first time I saw a blob of light was one of the best feelings I can imagine.
Good thing that it all worked out in the end

Good thing that it all worked out in the end
Yeah man. Glad it's a happy story and not a damn tragedy. This Main Event was so incredibly disappointing. Feels like a gutpunch.

Yeah man. Glad it's a happy story and not a damn tragedy. This Main Event was so incredibly disappointing. Feels like a gutpunch.
Yeah it was heartbreaking to see Belal like that. Like im sure he was hurting but that was pure panic that he might never see from that eye again. Like seriously I doubt he was crying from pain, I bet he was feeling like he was gonna be blind from now on

Yeah it was heartbreaking to see Belal like that. Like im sure he was hurting but that was pure panic that he might never see from that eye again. Like seriously I doubt he was crying from pain, I bet he was feeling like he was gonna be blind from now on
I could feel his pain because I know that fear. It's really scary and I'm not even a little bit ashamed to admit it.

Back