PBP UFC Fight Night 234 Ankalaev vs. Walker 2: PBP Discussion - Sat. 1/13 at 4pm ET

Who Wins?

• Magomed Ankalaev

Votes: 74 56.1%
  • Johnny Walker

Votes: 58 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pereira vs Ankalaev at 300. Hill gets the winner.

Aspinall vs Gane or Blaydes/Jailton winner

Izzy vs DDP/Strickland winner, Khamzat vs Cannonier

Keep the divisions rolling

img[
nAAUsw.gif
Exactly that. Deserves a beating

Ank is the best LHW right now imo.

He’s so well rounded and composed. Guys like Hill aren’t on his level.

Pereira vs Ankalaev at 300. Hill gets the winner.

Aspinall vs Gane or Blaydes/Jailton winner

Izzy vs DDP/Strickland

Keep the divisions rolling

They gotta stop pushing the whole Hill is next BS. He was the illegitimate champ to the paper belt of a paper belt. Got soundly taken down repeatedly by a 43 year old no knees santos, then got a call to fight 50 year old glover coming off a stoppage loss.

They gotta make him fight someone in their prime and relevant

They gotta stop pushing the whole Hill is next BS. He was the illegitimate champ to the paper belt of a paper belt. Got soundly taken down repeatedly by a 43 year old no knees santos, then got a call to fight 50 year old glover coming off a stoppage loss.

They gotta make him fight someone in their prime and relevant
If Ankalaev KOing Walker is worthy of a title shot then so is Hill. Hill also did better against Santos than Ankalaev did.

Hill is relevant

If Ankalaev KOing Walker is worthy of a title shot then so is Hill. Hill also did better against Santos than Ankalaev did.

Hill is relevant

Ankalaev is on a massive win streak. He’s also dominated his fights.

Hill has looked one dimensional and vulnerable. He wasn’t even the next guy up when Jiri got injured, he was the backup to the backups.

Ankalaev is on a massive win streak. He’s also dominated his fights.

Hill has looked one dimensional and vulnerable. He wasn’t even the next guy up when Jiri got injured, he was the backup to the backups.
He didn't dominate Jan, Krylov, or Santos. His last 3 wins are Walker, Smith, & Santos. Hill's last 3 wins are Glover, Walker, & Santos. Both have also lost in Craig's guard.

The concept thag Ankalaev has proven more or is more deserving of a title shot is nothing more than narrative. No validity.

He didn't dominate Jan, Krylov, or Santos. His last 3 wins are Walker, Smith, & Santos. Hill's last 3 wins are Glover, Walker, & Santos.

Both have also lost in Craig's guard. The concept thag Ankalaev has proven more is nothing more than narrative .

Didn’t dominate Santos? Ank walked him down and dominated him all fight.

Also Ank was spanking Craig for 3 straight rounds before the buzzer beater triangle. Hill got walked down and embarrassed by Craig, he looked clueless on the mat.

Either way, I just want to see Hill fight someone in their prime before they anoint him as the next guy up. That win over 50 year old Glover who ducked Ankalaev doesn’t do much for the fans imo.

Ugh that was not the main event result that I wanted. I knew it was likely to happen but still

At least Bautista put on the fight of the night and pulled off the underdog victory I believed he would

I for some reason have begun to like him a lot less as well, don't even know where to pinpoint why
He is just trash all the way around. Makes all the fights about him as much as he can. Also throws in that bs god bless crap when the mains do the face off in the middle of the octagon. Not to mention all the early ass stoppages. Dude looks like he rolled out of prison just before the the event.

First fight would have been the same if Walker didn't fake injury claiming he is unable to continue to fight wanting Ankalaev DQ-ed.

Back