UFC Fight Night: Dos Anjos vs. Fiziev

Thank you, sir.

It's annoying af that UFC has starthe last 3-4 cards at 3pm or 4pm. Usually FN cards start at 1pm PT/4pm ET. Sucks if you're in Europe.

Anyway, game on...
Well next week and the week after there are two early events

11am and then 12pm

I don't understand the Caio love. He beat a mediocre Russian versus Armen beat Robocop who is beyond legit. Robocop is super legit and very good everywhere and a monster of a guy. I saw Rodrigues with his family at some sushi buffet around the way few days ago and he's a tall fuck. Just can't see a karate guy having anything for Armen unless he brings a grapple heavy approach. Maybe being lefty helps his cause since Armen has a sick left hook that might be harder to land but I see heavy leg kicks incoming.

I don't understand the Caio love. He beat a mediocre Russian versus Armen beat Robocop who is beyond legit. Robocop is super legit and very good everywhere and a monster of a guy. I saw Rodrigues with his family at some sushi buffet around the way few days ago and he's a tall fuck. Just can't see a karate guy having anything for Armen unless he brings a grapple heavy approach. Maybe being lefty helps his cause since Armen has a sick left hook that might be harder to land but I see heavy leg kicks incoming.
Armen will be in big trouble if he gets taken down, even though he has shown good get-ups.

I could've gotten Caio at his opening odds, but I wasn't sure how well he'd deal with Armen. I definitely don't want to bet him at -200.

Maybe betting the Over is the best bet, unless you feel confident in either guy.

Caio also beat Aaron Jeffery who's very legit tbf.

Armen will be in big trouble if he gets taken down, even though he has shown good get-ups.

I could've gotten Caio at his opening odds, but I wasn't sure how well he'd deal with Armen. I definitely don't want to bet him at -200.

Maybe betting the Over is the best bet, unless you feel confident in either guy.
Is Caio a better grappler than RoboCop ? He's definitely not the monsterous unit that Rodrigues is and Armen did decent in the grappling. I get mma math doesn't always translate but I'd take Robocop over Caio. I'd think Caio versus Julian Marquez would be fairly close odds wise had his last fight not happened. Caio is going to get his lead leg eaten up.

Is Caio a better grappler than RoboCop ? He's definitely not the monsterous unit that Rodrigues is and Armen did decent in the grappling. I get mma math doesn't always translate but I'd take Robocop over Caio. I'd think Caio versus Julian Marquez would be fairly close odds wise had his last fight not happened. Caio is going to get his lead leg eaten up.
Robo cop is an animal but he has surprisingly bad control with his Jits for MMA. Iron turtle, Marquez, lots of fighters on regionals seem to be able to shake off his back control. Arman seemed to break apart his legs easily, maybe he doesn't want to gass holding onto fighters because he doesn't have a good RNC or something. I'm the same in training looking for the neck while keeping a tight body lock fucks me I would rather just be in top mount. On the other side Caios back control on Gadzi was elite, commentators were talking about how he's too high at one point and there is no way he keeps the back, but he did. Once he adjusted, which is very hard to do when someone is trying to shake u off, his actual body triangle looked super tight as well.

Seems like everyone is very high oh Caio, line is being crushed, kind of expected, I figured -200ish but this is even more now.

Cannot wait to fade him. A good win for him here should set him up for some serious hype and then it may be time to fade him at huge dog odds. The market usually reacts in extreme ways just with a few wins or losses. Recency bias and hype is always at play even among sharps. The beauty of MMA betting.

Seems like everyone is very high oh Caio, line is being crushed, kind of expected, I figured -200ish but this is even more now.

Cannot wait to fade him. A good win for him here should set him up for some serious hype and then it may be time to fade him at huge dog odds. The market usually reacts in extreme ways just with a few wins or losses. Recency bias and hype is always at play even among sharps. The beauty of MMA betting.
U can even fade him here, if he doesn't finish Armen, you can almost bank on Armen having the better output and cardio in the third

U can even fade him here, if he doesn't finish Armen, you can almost bank on Armen having the better output and cardio in the third
Eh I bet Armen last time and he was a let down. But I´m always live betting so definitely will be ready for any good bets. But Armen having the better output and cardio in the third doesn´t mean he will win the fight and Armen really didn´t look good last time, he was meant to take over vs Robocop but didn´t. Robocop has improved but that was still very lackluster imo.

I dont think Caio is as easy to finish as some may think.

He's a much better grappler, he's a Demian Maia black belt. He also only lost to LHW/HW monster Jailton Almeida in a grappling match by overtime escapes.

He's also very different challenge to Rodrigues on the feet, he has an in and out karate style which will probably be hard for Petrosyan to get a read on. Petro is a good kickboxer, so he's going to do well with guys that stand in front of him like Robocop does, but I think he'll find the elusiveness and grappling of Borralho a problem.

I am on Petrosyan due to his odds but there are big holes in his get-up game that play right into the strengths of Borralho. Armen is content with giving up his back to get up which affords Borralho the opportunity to potentially take his back and hold him in a body lock. Caio's strongest grappling position is the body lock.

On the flip side Caio doesn't take damage well and gets hit way too much. Occasionally he can hurt his opponents with punches, mainly when they mistakenly believe he is out of range (his arms are very long), but if the fight enters the pocket he will get knocked out quickly. Armen has a significant cardio advantage as well.

Borralho could also be winning a fight in a total blowout and end up getting himself DQed. On DWCS he threw a heavy looking elbow at the precise moment the bell sounded. That could have just been bad timing but he followed it up in his UFC debut by kneeing his downed opponent in the head. Dan Miragliotta was reffing so it only costed him a point but had the ref been Herzog or Mark Smith I think he would have been DQed.

Caio is a gassy fighter, he was able to bully his last opponent with grappling because of his size, but Armen is bigger and more taxing standup wise, his body kicks will mass up Caio's gas tank.

This is the fight where he fought another kick boxer of lower skill and he was gassed by third round, i time stamped it.

Armen is better than that guy and he's going to give him a better pace and better defense, the fight is 2019 but i doubt his gas has improved, he loses third rounds often, he lost it in the jeffries fight, he lost it in that fight up there. This is going to be a very close fight, Caio has weak sub offense, and he loses top ctrl often too. I have armen decision for 500+ i think he edges Caio, wins the third and 2nd round by a close hair. I think the 2nd round will be the determine factor.

Isnt Caio like 22?
He makes huge improvements by every fight. Dont expect his past weaknesses to show their face in the exact same way they used to.

^^ makes it even worst . i m sticking with armen, 500+ for dec in a close fight.

Caio is 29 you goofballs. get your facts straight please

Well damm. Who was the 21 year old Braz in past season of DWCS or have I been dreaming:confused:

smh i liked his comment thinking he wouldn't make a mistake on such a simple detail <45>
Sorry bro. No idea where I got the age from lol.

Edit. It was Michael Morales and he is from Ecuador. Well at least the same continent and same season and they both edged their first opponents with kinda close decs.

Last edited:
Back