UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2, September 16

I know Natalia Silva is really good but she was really ragdolling Jasudavicius, throwing her around like it was nothing. And she is not even known for being that strong or being an amazing grappler (she got taken down a few times by Bleda). I can really not imagine Jasudavicius being the dominant grappler here vs Cortez.

Stat Collecter, out of curiosity, do you prefer betting woman's UFC bouts? And if so, why? I know it's random but I've noticed your often heavily involved in conversations regarding the female bouts compared to the men. Maybe I'm misreading though! Enjoy your analysis regardless.

I didn't notice, i'll be more balanced. ty

I dont have much else to say about this event, i like Holland and Grasso

JDM looked flat in his last fight, and he fought a guy that is 8-3 on short notice.

Holland has the better size, exp, and can match the striking on the feet + a submission threat. JDM got put in a tight arm triangle vs Ange Loosa.

And i'm banking on Val being past her prime already and Grasso in her best form. I think Grasso goes to decision this time.

Last edited:
I was all over Grasso (+185). She's getting better, and Valentina is on her way out IMO.

0.5u on Chairez/Lacerda o1.5 (+170), on the basis that they're flyweights.

I dont have much else to say about this event, i like Holland and Grasso

JDM looked flat in his last fight, and he fought a guy that is 8-3 on short notice.

Holland has the better size, exp, and can match the striking on the feet + a submission threat. JDM got put in a tight arm triangle vs Ange Loosa.

And i'm banking on Val being past her prime already and Grasso in her best form. I think Grasso goes to decision this time.

Fair enough but keep in mind JDM made weight in back to back weeks and went through 3 different possible opponents within 2 weeks, he certainly made some poor fight IQ decisions in that fight but there is definitely a valid reason why he underperformed vs Hafez.

Is shevchenko the gift or trap of the century? like she was seriously winning every second of the first fight before the rnc. How is this line so close?

Maybe I misunderstand this comment, but pretty much every win on Lacerdas record is under 1.5.
I know, I'm just saying that he's never won, or is gonna win at this point, a UFC fight.

Is shevchenko the gift or trap of the century? like she was seriously winning every second of the first fight before the rnc. How is this line so close?
I think you answered your own question... really hard to know if it's a gift or a trap.... Personally i lean gift. I just feel that Shevchenko will set the record straight with a pretty dominant performance here. Use her grappling to rack up control time from guard and half-guard. I don't see Grasso get up if Shevchenko plays it safe on the ground. It will probably be pretty even on the stand-up but the grappling will be the difference i think.

She lost the first round. I also thought Alexa was winning the striking but Val got the takedowns. Val's really coming of two so-so performances in a row. Maybe she comes out on fire and uses all her skills to make a statement in the performance of her career but she needs to build her momentum from zero in this fight.

One thing I can recall is ref standing them up in the third round in a bizarre moment. Val could really have used the control to smother Alexa but ref took the position away.

Last edited:
She clearly lost the first round and then got finished in the fourth.
Did win rounds 2 and 3 though, but was struggling to get Grasso down in the 4th.

Fair enough but keep in mind JDM made weight in back to back weeks and went through 3 different possible opponents within 2 weeks, he certainly made some poor fight IQ decisions in that fight but there is definitely a valid reason why he underperformed vs Hafez.
I thought it was still bizarre to go to split there with a regional fighter. I don't think Holland would have struggled there in his current form even with the same circumstances. JDM gives me Adrian Yanez vibes, and Holland is in the same role as Rob Font.

I thought it was still bizarre to go to split there with a regional fighter. I don't think Holland would have struggled there in his current form even with the same circumstances. JDM gives me Adrian Yanez vibes, and Holland is in the same role as Rob Font.
Bassil would beat Holland

I know Natalia Silva is really good but she was really ragdolling Jasudavicius, throwing her around like it was nothing. And she is not even known for being that strong or being an amazing grappler (she got taken down a few times by Bleda). I can really not imagine Jasudavicius being the dominant grappler here vs Cortez.

I thought the same in the Maverick fight. Silva is just that good. She offers so much more for her opponents to be worried about so it helped in that regard.

Cortez is pretty basic striker who has had to be an offensive wrestler to win every fight. She's maybe a slightly better fighter than Maverick. Also who knows what her mental state is.

Back