PBP UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall - Official PBP Discussion: 1:30 p.m. ET/10:30 a.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tai ain't an easy fight, I wouldn't underestimate Tuivasa. He has a great chin and even greater hands. Could go either way really, but I'd understand if Tom is the favorite

Aspinall isn’t Lewis, he’s gonna take Tai down and sub him. You’d have to be a real dumbass to stand and bang with Tuivasa.

Whatever dude just go train yourself and see how you would like being in Hooker’s situation.

I do train. That's why I am annoyed that Hooker didn't get the chance to fight through and Allen didn't get a real TKO. Hooker is tough as hell and wasn't even out. Give him the chance to go down or tap. Give Allen the chance to steal some shine off the others fighters on this card landing brutal finishes.

You're the one here arguing that we need to "protect the fighters" we need to stop it like a boxing fight. Fighters should be able to cover up against the cage without having to throw out bad offence just so a ref doesn't stop the fight.

Hooker was fine. he got beaten, but his chin well and truly held up. He just lacked speed at FW.

UFC picked up a Bellator scrap not the other way around just like they did with Chidi, Jacoby and guys like that

At least Bellator signs guys from UFC that are on winning streak and top 5 ranked. UFC pretty much signs Bellator rejects who got cut on losing streaks
And yet the biggest names in Bellator are those UFC scraps, kinda sad.

Not too bad
83999-2721953.png

Sherdog just called me one embezzler. What that all about? i not one stinking theif

In terms of the Hooker stoppage, I look at The Hangman's reaction. No protest, pouring blood, immediately exited the cage. I definitely hear those that say he was technically blocking those shots, but Kennedy Nzechukwu was technically blocking Da-Un Jung's elbows a little while back, and still got knocked out. I tend to think the stoppage was just, because Hooker wasn't intelligently defending himself, just covering up and not throwing back at all, and was getting his ass kicked from go. Sucks though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like if most of these dudes met Paddy they'd be happy to see him, I don't think they truly dislike him, they just root against him because it's how sports work

It's like pro wrestling man, the reason it sells is people get invested in seeing someone win or lose

Sure . I agree with that to an extent. A lot of people would change their perception and approach quickly if they met some fighters in real life. Some won't though. But that's not necessarily because they secretly had that opinion all along. But it can also work misleading in the opposite way in where some people are convinced a fighter is a genuine good guy of solid character all around, because they had a pleasant 20 minute conversation with the fighter once...

I think it's perfectly healthy to not like a guy (or gal) and thus boo them. I think are there are lines that can be drawn, but booing is pretty tame stuff.

Sure it's tame a lot of the time, but not healthy, IMO. We'll have to agree to disagree though. I don't feel like going more in-depth into it, here and now.

Yanks are miserable people
Really. He's a fun guy. He's probably never going to be a contender, but he is fun to watch. Unbunch your panties and have a little fun.

I guess it's pretty close between Gane-Ngannou and this card for Card of the Year

This one really had bangers and highlights from bottom to top though, whereas the upside for Gane-Ngannou was two 5-round title wars

Back