UFC fighters + former fighters making their picks for Pereira vs Adesanya (UFC 287)

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Israel Adesanya

Bryan Barberena, WW, thinks Izzy will be back in the win column after UFC 287.
“I think Adesanya, maybe, comes back and gets it for himself and finally gets that win against Alex”

Curtis Blaydes, HW, goes with Israel Adesanya.
“He’s a grinder, he’s going to be everything that he was"

Derek Brunson, MW, thinks Adesanya will rise with the occasion and win his most important fight ever.
“Izzy, he needs this fight. Not for the title per say, but for his personal self,” Brunson reasons. “Probably Izzy by split decision”

Modestas Bukauskas, LHW, believes in “The Last Stylebender”, who he claims looked solid until he got clipped in the first fight.
“I think Adesanya will win the rematch”

Cynthia Calvillo, SW, thinks a smart “Stylebender” will get the job done.
“I think he’s going to figure it out,” Calvillo says. “The last fight, he was pretty much winning the entire fight”

Khamzat Chimaev, WW, thinks Pereira’s lack of wrestling could be a factor in the rematch.
“If Israel trains just in wrestling in his training camp, he would beat him easy,” Chimaev claims. “That guy (Pereira) has zero wrestling”

Dricus Du Plessis, MW, believes Adesanya will be more motivated than he’s ever been going into a title bout.
“This fight is going to mean more to him than anything he has done in his career. I think we’re going to see the best Izzy, and I think he’s going to walk away with the victory”

Cyril Gane, HW, thinks “The Last Stylebender” will win.
“In the first fight, he was really close to finishing the fight so”

Jamahal Hill, LHW champion, thinks a calculated Izzy will win the rematch, even though Pereira has beaten him three times in MMA and Kickboxing.
“I think I’ll take Izzy. He was winning that last fight convincingly”

Jonathan Martinez, BW, has no doubt of who will get his hands raised at UFC 287.
“Adesanya” Martinez says

If Geoff Neal, WW, is correct, Israel Adesanya will be middleweight champion again.
“I think Adesanya will get his win back, or one of the wins back”

Francis Ngannou, HW, is positive that his friend Adesanya has prepared for the tough rematch in the best possible way.
“I support him, believe in him and will always be on his side"

Sean O’Malley, BW, thinks “The Last Stylebender” can get revenge on “scary” Pereira.
“I think Izzy can get the job done,” O’Malley predicts. “In that first round, if Izzy can hit him again like that, a little bit earlier, I think he can get the job done"

Jiri Prochazka, LHW, is impressed with Adesanya’s striking in the first fight.
“I think he can become the champion again”

Valentina Shevchenko, FLW, thinks we will see a new champion on Saturday.
“I still think that Israel has the advantage. I thought that in their first fight and I think that right now too”

Anthony Smith, LHW, got Adesanya.
“He’s overall the better fighter,” Smith says. “He just got clipped”

Sean Strickland, MW, got Adesanya winning the rematch on April 8.
"I think Izzy. I thought Izzy was gonna win last time,” Strickland says. “I thought ‘Izzy’s gonna fucking dance around like a little fucking bitch and outpoint him’ and I think he’s gonna man up and do it now this fight"

Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson, WW, thinks Adesanya will win the rematch.
“I think Izzy gets it, he’s going to get that championship back”

Jalin Turner, LW, has been a fan of the former champion for a long time and thinks he will get it done on April 8.
“I’m going with Izzy,” Turner says. “Before he got to the UFC I used to watch him”

Alexander Volkanovski, FW champion, believes in his friend Adesanya, but sees Pereira as a very dangerous opponent.
“Izzy is down 3-0 to this guy. Though from what I’ve seen, I still believe he’s the better fighter”

Adrian Yanez, BW, goes with his heart.
“I got mad love for Izzy”

Alex Pereira

Jan Blachowicz, LHW, who defeated Adesanya back in March 2021, predicts that Alex Pereira will win at UFC 287.
“I think Alex Pereira is that guy who’s Izzy never going to beat, you know. He lost against him three times, although he was close the last time”

Erin Blanchfield, FLW, thinks the champ gets it done.
“I’m going to go with Pereira again,” Blanchfield says. “It seems like he kind of has his number”

Jon Jones, HW champion, thinks Alex Pereria will get his hand raised at UFC 287.
“I believe Pereria is going to win again,” Jones predicts. “Some athletes just have other athletes’ numbers”

Bryce Mitchell, FW, thinks that Izzy looked good in November but still picks “Poatan” this time.
“I’m just picking Pereira because you got to pick one of them”

Shavkat Rakhmonov, WW, has a hard time predicting the fight at UFC 287.
“I think Pereira is going to look even better than in the last fight,” Rakhmonov says via translator.

Glover Teixeira, coach, is certain that his friend Alex Pereira will knock out Adesaya again.
“I see Alex finish him early”

Marvin Vettori, MW, who lost to Izzy twice, is sure that Pereira will get his hand raised at UFC 287.
“I think he’s got Adesanya’s number. I think he will do it again”

I think this fight ends up like last fight. Izzy will look good and Alex will catch him in the later rounds again.

The fact most chalk up Pereira as just having Izzy number is funny.
Dudes a 2 division kickboxing champion and him winning by KO is just a bad matchup for Izzy. The fact Izzy had 20 MMA fights on Pereira but couldn't use that to win all 5 rounds comfortably doesn't make it likely he has it figured out this time around.

This reminds me of the disrespect Edwards got before he showed he was on Usmans level. Edwards needed that championship experience and after he got it he came back looking better.

Fighters like Izzy and his personality more than Alex

Some of them hung out with before. Others are fans of him.

He is BY FAR the more popular despite what Sherbums might have you think
Who said he isn't the more popular fighter? He obviously is because he’s been known longer. That shit is quickly shifting though because Pereira's fanbase is quickly building. Like, AP just got here and he's insanely popular already. Let's see who's more popular in a year or so.

More importantly, wht give a shit? I know this is a popularity contest to you, always making threads on fighters x amounts of instagram followers but jeez lol.

Let Izzy have his popularity if that makes you feel better. He's still about to be 0-2.

Alexander Volkanovski, FW champion, believes in his friend Adesanya, but sees Pereira as a very dangerous opponent.
Izzy is down 3-0 to this guy. Though from what I’ve seen, I still believe he’s the better fighter”

<Huh2><Huh2><Huh2>

Izzy is a great technical striker, but Alex has shown that he has more power and if he lands clean, the fight is over. Alex can end the fight at anytime regardless of how the score cards might look at that moment. That is the ultimate "get out of jail free" card in combat sports. Izzy was winning their last two fights until he wasn't...which resulted in KO and TKO losses. I think Izzy could definitely win a decision, but I think there is a better chance that Alex lands something big at some point during a 5 round fight.

As long as Burns mauls Masvidal, I’m fine with either of these two taking the W.

I feel like dropping few grand on Alex for this fight cause I know he can win and good odds!

Who said he isn't the more popular fighter? He obviously is because he’s been known longer. That shit is quickly shifting though because Pereira's fanbase is quickly building. Like, AP just got here and he's insanely popular already. Let's see who's more popular in a year or so.

Insanely... LOL..... Okay watch him get boo'd at the next press conference like he did the last one

Alex will never be mor popular than Izzy he doesn't have that natural charisma. He's only seem popular to nerdy Sherbums on the internet

More importantly, wht give a shit? I know this is a popularity contest to you, always making threads on fighters x amounts of instagram followers but jeez lol.

Let Izzy have his popularity if that makes you feel better. He's still about to be 0-2.

LOL.... Alex will get exposed soon. His shit tier grappling will get on a major losing streak once UFC stops feeding favorable match-ups

One of my very favorite fighters
I agree he's everything a champ in this sport should be. Not to take away anything from alex who is a monster in his own respect.

Izzy will always in my eyes, be one of the greatest champs the ufc has ever had. after this weekend he'll have his 10th title fight, he's only been in the UFC 5 years.

I'm shocked more aren't saying Pereira. He probably has more to add to his MMA game than Izzy at this stage of their careers. Izzy's best chance was catching a green Pereira, but now I'm not sure. I hope I'm wrong because this is a great matchup for both guys. Rooting for Izzy, but think Pereira pulls it off again, dude just has a granite chin and massive power for all 5 rounds.

I hope Izzy can get it back for his mental sake, but if Poatan sleeps him this time that would just be soul-crushing even if I think Izzy is annoying and cringy at times I wouldn't wish that on my enemies, thats some serious mental scar.

Back