UFC Fighters you have met

Met:
Rob Font briefly after his UFC Debut. Congratulated him on his epic knockout and 50k bonus, he said "Thanks a lot bro, means a lot."

Michael Bisping right when he got off The Ultimate Fighter and started his run in the UFC. Exchanged emails, asked him for advice as I had been training and he was my favorite fighter at the time. He responded with a ton of advice and lengthy emails but I ran out of things to ask and didn't want to bug him any further. Was really blunt and direct, but honest and super helpful.

Chuck Liddell (This one wasn't a good experience for me, I was really disappointed as I was a kid and he was a buddy of my coach's, and he just happened to be the guy I looked up to at the time. I won't go into the exact situation but he was the first famous person I had ever met and it was the first and last time I ever felt star-struck. This was also when he was Light-Heavyweight champion, right before he fought Tito the first time.) (Edit: Might've been the 2nd tito fight, I'm not sure but I had a poster with his and Tito's face on it.)

Fabiano Scherner (Was the Jiu Jitsu Coach at a gym I went to.)

Dennis Hallman (Met about a dozen times. Always super mild-mannered and polite.)

Jeff Monson (One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Always willing to help people out both with MMA related things and non-MMA related things. Still have his Cell Number in my phone and see him maybe once or twice a year on average.)

Din Thomas (Very briefly in passing.)

Colin Fletcher (One of the nicest guys ever and always gives you loads of his time. Super cool.)

Joanne Calderwood (JoJo!) Sparred with her for a couple of rounds when I was staying in Scotland.

(There's a few more names I've trained with and sparred with over the years. Overall I'd say Jeff is the one I'd recommend anyone take the time to meet and talk with if you get the chance. He's a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help people out or put you in contact with someone who can help.)
Like to hear about the Chuck story, sounds interesting.

usZRR.jpg
You’re a Sherdog meme!! Seen this photo in the memes for years and never knew who it was or where it came from.
<{UberTS}>

By the way, how was Mir? I’ve never met him but he seems like he would be a really good dude.

I met Brian Stann and Babalu when I was stationed on Okinawa. Capt. Stann was supercool and I think Babalu was recovering from a bit of his Grampa's "Cold Remedy".

MEFPSA_t.jpg

MEFPSC_t.jpg

Last edited:
Met:
Andy, GSP, The crow, Tito, Izzy, Aljo, Nunes, josh Thompson, Frank Shamrock.

Trained with:
Diaz brothers, Gil, Shields, Rashad Evans, Rumble, Luis Cane, Lombard, Thiago Silva, Miguel Torres, Eddie Alvarez, Melvin Guillard, Ubereem, Randy, Bas, Rampage, Mayhem.... a few others I’m sure.

Trained at Legends MMA, Blackzilians, Att (where most of that took place)

Like to hear about the Chuck story, sounds interesting.

I don't want to disparage anyone publicly but I will say that as an overweight 13 year old kid at the time, I told my coach that I was gonna train really hard so I could take Chuck Liddell's belt and used the situation as motivation to drop 50 pounds in a little over a month, so obviously I was upset but at the same time, it had a pretty positive impact on me inadvertently lol.

Im counting actually talking to them,not just seeing them around and goin aaayooooo:

Fedor
Couture
Frank Shamrock
Arlovski
Khabib
Matt Serra
Werdum
Tim Sylvia
Babalu
Don Frye
Pat Miletich
Frank Trigg
Mark Coleman
Bas Rutten
Josh Barnett

None of them were assholes but Arlovski was not that friendly (He still took a picture with me)

Im counting actually talking to them,not just seeing them around and goin aaayooooo:

Fedor
Couture
Frank Shamrock
Arlovski
Khabib
Matt Serra
Werdum
Tim Sylvia
Babalu
Don Frye
Pat Miletich
Frank Trigg
Mark Coleman
Bas Rutten
Josh Barnett

None of them were assholes but Arlovski was not that friendly (He still took a picture with me)
WTF where did u meet khabib>?????

WTF where did u meet khabib>?????
I attended one of his seminars in 2015. Got to train under him and everything heheh. This was when he got injured after his fight with RDA and didnt get to fight from 2014 - 2016,he was trying to come back,but it took a bit longer.

Jens Pulver
Tyson Griffin
Kamal Shalrous
RDA

Kamal had just lost a fight so he was in the dumps. Jens, Tyson, and RDA were all awesome. Very friendly.

Its an old joke from a classic thread many yrs ago

and famous people get spotted at airports all the time
I know, I was just implying that the new joke aka met BJ at a supermarket is less suspicious. Lol. Btw, do you remember who made the first joke? Tom something?

I know, I was just implying that the new joke aka met BJ at a supermarket is less suspicious. Lol. Btw, do you remember who made the first joke? Tom something?
I forget...that SHOULD be in the Archives probably...

I forget...that SHOULD be in the Archives probably...
Good old days. See you’ve been around since ‘04. That’s when Lee Murray was a Sherdogger.

Reactions: HHJ
I've met many, tito ortiz was cool., fighters I've actually had a conversation with, Josh Barnett. My gym was having an in house BJJ competition and Josh had a female student with him. She got choked unconscious, but I knew he had an upcoming fight against Roy Nelson and I told him flat out I think he has more tools than Roy and he made a little joke about how he has craftsman tools but they wont allow him to take it to the octagon or something like that. He was a cool guy and appeared very lean when I saw him. I think the camera makes him look fatter. People have always said Josh Barnett is a dick. But if you know how to talk to those types of people. They're actually pretty cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back