UFC Fights to Make (will be updated regularly)

CanadianKid2002

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't been on the forums long but I've been reading Sherdog articles and what not forever. MMA is a pretty big passion of mine, to watch, analyse, etc. I've also always enjoyed (fantasy) matchmaking for the UFC. I've done some fantasy booking on BloodyElbow on numerous occasions and decided to make this thread. I'll make fights for all unbooked fighters, while also updating regularly to accommodate fighters who have just fought so on and so forth. Let me know what you guys think of the matchups. This stuff takes quite a bit of time and research so thanks to all who come through and give feedback. All feedback and ideas are appreciated. Now, on to the fights. I have pre-prepared a weight class (heavyweight) so I can get the thread up and running quickly. All matchups are made with winners against winners and losers against losers.

Here is Heavyweight

#3 Fabricio Werdum vs. #4 Cain Velasquez
Rashad Coulter vs. Dmitrii Smoliakov
Justin Willis vs. Justin Ledet
Allen Crowder vs. Yaozhong Hu
Luis Henrique vs. Chase Sherman
Jarjis Danho vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy
#11 Aleksei Oleinik vs. #13 Junior Albini
Adam Wieczorek vs. Arjan Bhullar
Daniel Spitz vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Christian Colombo vs. Walt Harris
Adam Milstead vs. Todd Duffee
#2 Alistair Overeem vs. ?
#7 Alexander Volkov vs. Winner of Marcin Tybura/Derrick Lewis

Anthony Hamilton - Release
Damian Grabowski - Release
Travis Browne - Release

Last edited:
Isn't Cain still injured? Also Overeem was the #1 contender before losing to Ngannou, I don't think he should be fighting Travis Browne who has lost 4 in a row.

Overeem should fight Cain, Alistair gets a long time to rest and prepare after that nasty KO and Cain can get back into full swing

Isn't Cain still injured? Also Overeem was the #1 contender before losing to Ngannou, I don't think he should be fighting Travis Browne who has lost 4 in a row.
Cain is training for his comeback, and otherwise I have no clue how to book Overeem right now. He's in a tough spot. Tbh, Browne shouldn't be fighting anybody lol

#14 Travis Browne vs. #2 Alistair Overeem

{<huh}

4 or 5 lose streak for Browne and you want to give him a fight against #2 who only lost recently to the champ and to #1? Zero sense.

At HW, that's the fights i would make:

Overeem VS Velasquez
Werdum VS Volkov
Oleinik VS Willis
Albini VS Ledet
Browne VS Abdurakhimov
Harris VS Bhullhar
Sherman VS Spitz
Wieczorek VS Milstead
Danho VS Sosnovskiy

{<huh}

4 or 5 lose streak for Browne and you want to give him a fight against #2 who only lost recently to the champ and to #1? Zero sense.

At HW, that's the fights i would make:

Overeem VS Velasquez
Werdum VS Volkov
Oleinik VS Willis
Albini VS Ledet
Browne VS Abdurakhimov
Harris VS Bhullhar
Sherman VS Spitz
Wieczorek VS Milstead
Danho VS Sosnovskiy

Yes, I should probably just say Browne gets released at this point but meh. The thing is, is that the way I book, winners don't fight a guy coming off a loss, so Oleinik/Willis, Albini/Ledet, Browne/Abdurakhimov, Harris/Bhullar, Sherman/Spitz, Wieczorek/Milstead don't happen for me. Thanks for the feedback

Browne is "released" and Overeem is a question for me at this point. I'd like to see maybe Cain/Werdum fight early in 2018 (which isn't happening) and then the loser of that fights Overeem. Even then, Werdum/Overeem has happened twice already. Like I said, Overeem is in a tough spot booking-wise

Yes, I should probably just say Browne gets released at this point but meh. The thing is, is that the way I book, winners don't fight a guy coming off a loss, so Oleinik/Willis, Albini/Ledet, Browne/Abdurakhimov, Harris/Bhullar, Sherman/Spitz, Wieczorek/Milstead don't happen for me. Thanks for the feedback
UFC doesn't work like that, this is stupid. Fighters coming of loses fight fighters coming of wins all the time, that is another stupid myth some MMA fans have in mind. Cerrone for example was main event coming of a loss against Till. Arlovski just fought Albini coming of 5 lose streak. What usually happens it's if you lose, you fight someone ranked above. Simple as that.

And Travis Browne wont be released, he is a ranked fighter and he is married to Dana's friend Ronda, wouldn't be smart for them too since Bellator is right there.

UFC doesn't work like that, this is stupid. Fighters coming of loses fight fighters coming of wins all the time, that is another stupid myth some MMA fans have in mind. Cerrone for example was main event coming of a loss against Till. Arlovski just fought Albini coming of 5 lose streak. What usually happens it's if you lose, you fight someone ranked above. Simple as that.

And Travis Browne wont be released, he is a ranked fighter and he is married to Dana's friend Ronda, wouldn't be smart for them too since Bellator is right there.
Wow, so because I do something the way I want to do it, it's stupid? I clearly stated I was booking winners with winners and losers with losers. I don't have to follow the UFC guidelines to do fantasy matchmaking on a forum.

Wow, so because I do something the way I want to do it, it's stupid? I clearly stated I was booking winners with winners and losers with losers. I don't have to follow the UFC guidelines to do fantasy matchmaking on a forum.
UFC guidelines exist for a reason, it's called intelligent matchmaking, you know? This rule is stupid since it kills warm up fights and the possibility of testing prospects against big names on declines, it makes your game stupid. But whatever, do your thing, have fun!

UFC guidelines exist for a reason, it's called intelligent matchmaking, you know? This rule is stupid since it kills warm up fights and the possibility of testing prospects against big names on declines, it makes your game stupid. But whatever, do your thing, have fun!
You're something else man. Probably would've been better off if you had gotten banned after Rose knocked out JJ...

There's no way they arent going to give Travis another fight after he KO'd that Orc from that Netflix film

For real though the fact he was in that (very confusing choice) signifies they have no intention of not giving him at least 1 more fight

Back