UFC FN 141 PBP/Discussion

I hope my constant messages in the pre fight thread to NOT bet on Blaydes saved you people some money.

My DK teams were already dead as we headed into the main card, so not sweat off my sack.

Congrats to everyone who profited tonight.

Bed time!

Indecisive stoppage by Goddard. What if Ngannou stops fighting as soon as Goddard touches him?

No problem with the actual stoppage, maybe a bit early, althought Blaydes was also grabbing the fence to help himself up.

I hope my constant messages in the pre fight thread to NOT bet on Blaydes saved you people some money.
Fuck yeah Mr. Stephens. You helped to convince me to bet Ngannou. Got his ml at +213, round 1 +700 and round 1-2 +395. Won over 2k on that fight

Circle jerk favourite offten lose. Last week was Botelho. I warned you about her. Next was Blaydes, but I made a concerted effort to battle against that this time.

Next week I think everybody will be all over Usman. Just give up. :D

This was a bad event for me but ngannou and li saved me a lil bit.

Lol won 5 units not even trying from my bed in Aruba

Thank you ngannou ml and rd 1

Thank god for Leech, Overeem and Ngannou! I was looking at a huge loss for a while there...

We'll meet in RDA v Usman thread.
I hope whoever lost didn't lost much, and the winners won big.

I'm never happy. Lose, I'm pissed. Win, pissed I didn't bet more.

Lost 200 on kenan song -- this is why I dont blindly tail people lol

Fuck me

Alex morono stinks

It's okay -- the new york giants are gonna beat the filthadelphia eagles tomorrow at +180

Time to profit $$$$

We'll meet in RDA v Usman thread.
I hope whoever lost didn't lost much, and the winners won big.
Usman
Circle jerk favourite offten lose. Last week was Botelho. I warned you about her. Next was Blaydes, but I made a concerted effort to battle against that this time.

Next week I think everybody will be all over Usman. Just give up. :D
You think rda wins? Im not confident in either tbh, I like rda but he'll have a hard time with usman's wrestling and physicallity. He's a big ww. He's got power but isn't nearly as well rounded/ polished as rda in the striking dept so there's that. Fight over 2.5, decision is a good bet imo. I see it playing out similar to rda vs colby, even though usman is much different from colby (colby is a cardio machine who's constantly putting the pressure on you, and throws VOLUME, usman is more of a overhand wrestler) Rda could pull off a sub maybe, usman via dec is the most likely outcome but not really sure about this fight at first glance. Have to watch some tape.

Usman

You think rda wins? Im not confident in either tbh, I like rda but he'll have a hard time with usman's wrestling and physicallity. He's a big ww. He's got power but isn't nearly as well rounded/ polished as rda in the striking dept so there's that. Fight over 2.5, decision is a good bet imo. I see it playing out similar to rda vs colby, even though usman is much different from colby (colby is a cardio machine who's constantly putting the pressure on you, and throws VOLUME, usman is more of a overhand wrestler) Rda could pull off a sub maybe, usman via dec is the most likely outcome but not really sure about this fight at first glance. Have to watch some tape.

I actually think RDA is overrated as a sub threat. Especially in this fight.

You think rda wins? Im not confident in either tbh, I like rda but he'll have a hard time with usman's wrestling and physicallity. He's a big ww. He's got power but isn't nearly as well rounded/ polished as rda in the striking dept so there's that. Fight over 2.5, decision is a good bet imo. I see it playing out similar to rda vs colby, even though usman is much different from colby (colby is a cardio machine who's constantly putting the pressure on you, and throws VOLUME, Usman is more of a overhand wrestler)
It is a good bet over 2.5, but it's gonna be juiced.
I actually think RDA is overrated as a sub threat. Especially in this fight.
Agree, he is not submitting Usman.

TKD, I wrote this in a message to you:

"...I don't think he is worse match-up for RDA than Colby was. He does not go forward and close the distance as much as Colby does. RDA can't seem to fight half as well on his backfoot as on his frontfoot. He is very expirienced and has great BJJ and serviceable TDD. Not great, but he knows what to do. Especially if you are not pushing constantly forward..."

I don't think Usman is gonna do this at all, or nearly enough. He fights too cautiously. You can't really afford to be that tentative against RDA (even if you have size, strength and wrestling advantages), Tony was in his face the whole time, and still lost 2 rounds, Eddie was losing a close round until he nailed him with a counter shot. You have to pair the boxing and wrestling attacks well, because Rafael is safety-first fighter and will prefer to defend from strikes first, then the TD. Khabib was throwing something in his face before he goes for the TD, Colby was constantly throwing and pushing forward, just like Khabib. I should rewatch Usman fights to see exactly how he fights, tho.

I'm not picking RDA just yet. Need to watch more tape. But as it stands, the fight is stylistically little better for RDA than Colby was. Colby is not the athlete Usman is, but fought Dos Anjos the right way. I can't say Usman will fight RDA the right way. Guy trains with Hooft. He ruins fighter's careers. You give him athletic specimen, and he finds a way to ruin that guy. I don't know how he does it! Rumble, Rockhold, Oezdemir, Skelly, M.Johnson, Burns - fighters that underperform on a regular basis. Where they train at? RDA is with Parillo. I think he is fine there. If he learns how to move laterally and use pivots (just don't get pushed to the fence) he can be the next champ @ 170. Or at least fight for the title.

Last edited:
i woke up this morning and got on curtis blaydes wikipedia and scrolled down SLOWLY and omg, i bet $700 on n'gannou thinking i was gonna lose it. but just when u think the camernoodlean spirit is down it rises back up. woww.

i woke up this morning and got on curtis blaydes wikipedia and scrolled down SLOWLY and omg, i bet $700 on n'gannou thinking i was gonna lose it. but just when u think the camernoodlean spirit is down it rises back up. woww.
I've been there. Slowly scrolling down waiting to see my man name written on the right side... The feeling when you win is incredible, tho

Made a fucking killijg tonite. I won 9 units. I just need 2 more to get back to even point. Fucking botelho. She fucked me up so bad.

Back