UFC FN 188 PBP/Discussion

Spencer is like Ben Askren if Ben couldn't wrestle

How can you be a fighter whose path to victory is on the ground and you're incapable of shooting for a double or a single

Embarrassing

I saw a bunch of tweets saying what a great card this was. I thought it was bad....at least I was right about 1 thing today

You guys are selling Felicia Spencer short and also not giving Dumont enough credit. Spencer tried very hard to get the fight to the ground and her wrestling is above average as women go.

Dumont, however, is very strong and has solid grappling herself.

Ok, but getting out struck by over 20 strikes while landing nothing on the ground counts for something to right?
In my opinion the judges had it fairly even on the feet. What they see from their angle at cageside is different than watching it on TV. They probably had it 60-40 on the feet for Algeo but Ramos was the better wrestler & jiu jitsu player. Thus Ramos got the nod.

i have no idea how to bet this fight, depends on vandara iq
Same here.

Tafa closed at -175, so I'm going to see how much damage he can do in the first 3 minutes, and also see if Jared can use his size at all.

If I had to make a pick, I'd go with Over 1.5 rounds -120.

Spencer not even looking to get the fight to the ground is baffling
Her new coach was clueless. The easy winning game plan was to pressure & push Dumont against the cage. Then use dirty boxing & elbows inside. And if the takedown was possible she should have at least tried for more takedowns. She stayed on the outside & tried to out kickbox Dumont instead of using her size. Her fight IQ was nonexistent.

Same here.

Tafa closed at -175, so I'm going to see how much damage he can do in the first 3 minutes, and also see if Jared can use his size at all.

If I had to make a pick, I'd go with Over 1.5 rounds -120.
o1.5 was my lean too but yeah lets see

No leg kicks from either guy. Why?

Tafa worse standup than his last.. let's see if he settles and gets wise

Missed the plus numbers, but did get 2u on Vanderaa at -101 after round 1.

Don't like him, but he won round 1, and Tafa has questionable cardio, chin, and fight IQ.

Back