UFC FN: Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen, April 15

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score

Fight Night: Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen

UFC on ESPN: Holloway vs. Allen (also known as UFC on ESPN 44) is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will take place on April 15, 2023, at the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.The event will mark the promotion's second visit to Kansas City and first since April 15 2017.

Saturday 04.15.2023 at 05:30 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
Ownership: Endeavor
Venue: T-Mobile Center
Enclosure: Octagon
MMA Bouts: 14

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/97461-ufc-fight-night

qnLJEXf.png

FnwtH43XwAYIya4

CVlmUmG.png

UFC FN: Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen, April 15

Last edited:
UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Allen
Saturday, April 15

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-fight-night-holloway-vs-allen-2796
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/97461-ufc-fight-night

9bV3mLp.png

TJ Brown +135 lives 426 miles away in Arkansas

Event in Missouri

Both fighters have a Switch Stance

Algeo suffered a broken right arm during his split-decision loss to Andre Fili in September 2022

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...owntown-tj-brown-vs-bill-senor-perfecto-algeo

Generated subtitles here:

all right it's always a pleasure to have my next guest on the show you know who it is downtown TJ Brown who has a big fight this time against Bill algo on April the 15th at UFC Kansas City TJ how you doing bud I'm doing great man I'm in uh Saloon Mexico did my camp out here man it's beautiful here I'm really just living the dream out here man absolutely man what's the weather like it looks absolutely gorgeous a lot better dude it's absolutely beautiful man like uh again a dream come true I'm out here I go and train I go walk out to the beach I go back and train it's just it's uh it's heaven on Earth out here man awesome well is this going to be what you're doing here moving forward obviously we know what happened with you know James cross Glory MMA I don't want to really go down that whole Rabbit Hole we've talked about it enough in the media but what's the plan for you as far as Camp moving forward dude you know going out here I didn't know what to expect you know I mean but let's be honest I'm going out uh out of country trying a new spot but dude once I've gotten a train here man uh I couldn't it was everything I expected to more man I mean there's great training Partners great coaching and just good people man and The Vibes are right man so I'm really planning on doing my camps out here more dude uh I want to bring my son next time of course but man it's great as far as training Partners go there anyone specific that you're working with more than others dude I I trained uh with the number one uh Mexican Muay Thai Fighter here I've trained with Magnus Anderson which is uh two-time world champion uh Marcel's been my main Pat holder main training partner uh a guy named Mick uh the Wild Child he's helping me out but and the owners Eddie and his wife Brooke you know they uh they've been they've been they spent a little time with me too but it's been great man I've also been going to Tulum Jiu Jitsu uh where uh the main coach there won is is really just catered to me and really helped me get ready for this five obviously the fight again April 15th how much longer will you be in Mexico before you come back to the States uh so I actually go back to Cancun tonight and uh I'll fly back and be back in Little Rock Arkansas tomorrow uh so I'll be back in the States tomorrow very good man let's talk about your most recent performance that was in December UFC 282 round three submission victory over Eric Silva you got the 50k bonus some that went up for me man you really look great in there you know man I really appreciate that and and on paper it looks great you know performance of the night get it finished in the third but I want to be honest with you man like that's not my best performance like I give that like a six out of 10 you know so what I'm really aiming for in this place go out there and give it give you guys a 10 out of 10 show the world really how good I am because man you haven't seen my best yet were you surprised that Dana gave all of the finishers at 282 50k bonuses yeah I was surprised it was like I guess it was kind of like a Christmas present huh very good man and I wanted to get your thoughts obviously on the whole Patty pimblet Jared Gordon decision a lot of people thought that Patty pembly lost that fight what was your overall thoughts god dude I hate to get into the drama but I can't hate it you know I hate to say it but it does seem like there's some sort of Vanna White Privilege sometimes but man it was a close fight so I'm not going to get into it the last time I did uh speak with you TJ was before your fight in June that was a UD loss to nerd and uh beak what's the the takeaway from that loss obviously I'm sure it was disappointing is there something that you can point towards that maybe you learned from that fight yeah for sure man I gotta go I got a bit passive uh on my back I think he kind of Ash me out by just uh being able to hold that dominant position a little much you know I so you know I learned just uh there's no time to wait in there man you know like uh every second that goes by accounts and you have to be able to work for 15 minutes and and um it won't happen again you're gonna see me man I'm on the best shape of my life out here so man you're going to see me pushing the pace for 15 minutes man so six months in between the fight with nerd and Beak and then UFC 282 victory that you had and now this one's a little bit sooner obviously you're fighting here just in a couple of short weeks is this the perfect turnaround time for you do you like having this long in between fights man uh honestly a little bit sooner would be would be ideal uh but uh man I'm happy with how things went and and everything seems to be working out just how they should be but I'd like a little quicker turnarounds if I could and I know it's it's got to be a tough juggle for you because you know you're a family man you're very close with your son give me an update on him it seems like he's going to be a world-class athlete here just a couple short years right it is baseball see it is coming up on baseball season and I can't wait to get back you know he's uh he's been uh excited for me to get back not just to see me but so I can practice some baseball with him you know as we all know like practice is good but we got to practice outside of practice and and I'm excited just to get back and fill the ball with him a bit man bring him to the batting cages like you know uh I I honestly probably would not come back if it wasn't for him you know like I uh uh I can't wait to get back and see him and and uh I know he's pumped for baseball season so is baseball his best sport what what other sports is he excelling at dude he's wrestled when you stay he's uh he's playing basketball you know started doing well he's always playing soccer doing well with it uh or again he's in he's played piano and guitar but dude he loves baseball like baseball is his thing you know so um I just want to continue to give him opportunities man opportunities to do whatever he'd like to do and you know hopefully he'll he'll pick one he really likes him and maybe he'd be able to go after whatever it is I'll support him all right a great answer man well I enjoy seeing the posts that you make of him on Instagram he's adorable can't wait to see uh him growing in uh whatever sport it is down the line that he chooses to pursue the most uh let's talk about this featherweight division man you know Alexander volkanovsky you know left to go try and be the double Champion he fought Market Chef tooth and nail and now yair Rodriguez beats Josh Emmett he's the interim Champion do you feel like yeah year has what it takes to to go in and unify this belt and beat volkanovski or do you feel like volkanovski when he comes back he's gonna reclaim and just kind of cement himself as the uh the best in the division you know nothing nothing against Javier everybody dude like folks the man you know what I'm saying like so I feel like uh he's the champion you know so uh there's just kind of levels to it man I think folks the the champ the real champ and the Champ for the reason how far away do you feel like you are from you know cracking that top 15 top 10 you know being up there in the upper echelon of the division do you feel like you're a fight or two away no dude I like I said you know if I I am and and when I do go out there and and perform on a 10 out of 10 I beat the best guys man and I just got to go out there and perform in my best and man you you'll see me in top 10 ton of contentions when I do that but what's first thing first is I win a spot on April 15th so let's take care of business on the 15th and we'll go from there all right and

this is going to be in Kansas City obviously you training at Glory MMA for a long time do you uh expect to have a lot of support in the arena on Fight Night oh yeah dude uh I playing uh I put in heaven or butt load turn on watch my mouth of people there dude I mean they're we got people coming out of the Woodworks in Arkansas to come up there and not to mention you know the friends uh that I've met in Kansas City they're going to be there so dude I'm gonna look to pack that thing out and it looks like I'm the first flying on the main car so man it's going to be fireworks dude does that add more pressure to you do you feel that fighting in front of actual a lot of these fans friends family members supporters that are there in attendance oddly enough or if not all I know dude I I love that dude I love the lights I love being in front of people like you can ask uh you can ask my coaches you know this this last fight I finally got in front of a live crowd again and dude you should have seen me in the walk out dude like just just ecstatic man just feeling that energy just I love it dude that's one of the reasons I do this you know so I love doing I love to get out there and just just feel that energy and manage so I can't wait dude I'm I'm actually ecstatic well you got a tough fight on your hands I mean Bill algo he's a veteran he's been in there with some high-level Fighters most recently he had that split loss to Andre feely he had a round two win over Herbert Burns before then what do you think of this fight how do you think you match up with him great matchup for me and a bad matchup for him I have nothing against Bill we've actually uh we've actually met each other before now I've nothing against him I think he's a great partner but I think stylistically it's just a great buy for me man and uh I have to go in there and do what I do and and it's just work man like he gets it man we're going to work bro and it is what it is and I think I'm uh I think I'm gonna go out there and show out I don't know if you've seen the odds but you're actually the underdog plus 120. you pay attention that kind of stuff um not really when I actually started out the underdog in the last fight before you know end up leaving the evening out of course closer to the five but hell I've been a hundred dollars several times and it doesn't surprise me do you feel you're gonna finish him where do you feel like this fight's gonna go on the ground standing up I think I could beat him both but man I he gets hit too much man like if you watch his five suit he gets hit too much so I I think I'm gonna put him away with the hands but let's give him some respect man he is a Survivor like he watches fights he's tough man you know he's tough to finish but I think he really gets hit too much and that's what's going to happen you know I'm gonna end up finding some some punches and putting him away if you're healthy TJ and you have the opportunity to fight again soon how uh how soon are you looking to get back in there what are your goals here for 2023 dude let's uh let's be real honest I know spring chicken you know I'm 32 years old now so it's time to keep the ball rolling man and uh I want to get as many fights as I can this year and uh let's just uh pray for a safe uh a safe buy and I stay healthy and able to get a good turnaround because man body is good for me dude like I uh if I learn to be this version of me uh when I'm in training camp all the time I just be this man like that is the the key ingredient for me man I have to learn to be this this man that I am in Camp you know because sometimes you know I get caught on the Wayside a bit or you know kind of get distracted but if I learn to be this man all the time dude I uh you know it's making for a great man and and uh I need to stay busy with spotting uh until these until my wheels fall off and then uh we'll go after a new adventure after that fantastic man well I'm excited to see you back in the UFC octagon it's always a pleasure talking to you man I appreciate you giving me a few minutes of your day from Mexico as you get ready to finish up camp uh as always man I want to kick it over to you before we sign off please tell people where they can follow you on social media if you have anyone to think anything to plug the floor is yours right dude uh of course uh follow me on Instagram at downtown TJ Brown and man just big shout out to everybody here at Tulum Muay Thai Saloon Jiu Jitsu man these guys have really treated me well and took care of me and I couldn't thank you guys enough I'll be heading back to Arkansas Big Love to West Side MMA and all the folks out there be home soon guys

Last edited:
I'm very tempted to play Billy Q over Edson Barboza at -162. Edson has always relied on his ultrafast reflexes and speed. I think those have been going away lately... also isn't Edsons chin getting a bit suspect? Not saying Edson is washed, but it's getting closer to that.
Billy Q should survive round 1 and then take over with the wrestling and pace.

I'm very tempted to play Billy Q over Edson Barboza at -162. Edson has always relied on his ultrafast reflexes and speed. I think those have been going away lately... also isn't Edsons chin getting a bit suspect? Not saying Edson is washed, but it's getting closer to that.

Like this too. Ascending guy that's been in vs some solid competition vs fast twitch guy on the backside of his career. Pace, volume, activity is always easy to bet on. There's nothing more frustrating than betting a guy who goes in there and just won't throw anything. Billy Q is the opposite. Maybe not Merab level, but Billy won't lose because he spends half a fight "trying to get reads" on his opponent.

Personally think Allen will make this look easy. Allen DEC...
I'm not really on the "make it look easy train"... but i do favor Allen.... and he is an underdog. Where do you think the line will go, up or down?

At these odds I want to play Barbosa. Not like Billy has great takedowns. He’s super wreckless striking. Barbosa is going to light him up

I'm not really on the "make it look easy train"... but i do favor Allen.... and he is an underdog. Where do you think the line will go, up or down?

The love will be shown to Max the closer we get. Allen is still somewhat underrated....

At these odds I want to play Barbosa. Not like Billy has great takedowns. He’s super wreckless striking. Barbosa is going to light him up

His reactions looked slow vs Thugnasty. I don't think he's the same guy. I think Billy crowds him, mixes in some grappling, and just wins on volume and activity.

I do agree that Billy can be a bit reckless at times. Edson maybe still has the ability to hurt him? I just don't see Edson sustaining enough offense here to win a decision. Maybe his KO line will be good enough to take a shot at, but that's the only play I'd consider on him.

Unless the wars have finally caught up to Holloway, I think he will win via better cadio and 5 round experience. The first few rounds are likely to be competitive. It's easy to forget how good Holloway is because of the Volk fights but he is super elite. Allen has never fought anyone close to Holloway's level and he has never been 5 rounds (also showed sus cardio at times).

I don't think there's any value on Allen at these odds at all. Maybe Holloway's chin is cracked. Maybe he looks super old all of a sudden. It's possible. If you want to gamble on that, then fair enough. If we're judging them both on their last few performances though, I think Holloway is the clear favourite.

Allen is the real deal...but are people sort of trying to usher Max out the door a bit early here? Like, I think there's a tendency when you have a stagnant situation at the top of a division with a clear champ that's fought the 2nd best guy 3 times and knowing there won't be a 4th fight to try to push the 2nd best guy aside so things can "look fresh".

Max was clearly outclassed by Volk last time out, but after seeing Volk be THAT competitive with Islam...I think most of us agree it's pretty clear that Volk is a different breed right now. An all time great that's right in the middle of his prime. Between those fights with Volk, Max dominated Kattar and won a competitive but clear decision vs a very good young fighter in Yair. Would everyone be rushing to get bets in on Allen at evens vs Yair? I can't say I would (would need to do more research but just off the top of my head it damn sure wouldn't be an instant play).

Now factor in that it's a 5 rounder. Max has proven elite cardio and output in numerous 5 round fights vs top tier talent. Allen has never gone past 3 rounds.

Max has SOME mileage, but he's 31, not 38. I don't know that I want to pay juice here vs a clearly up and coming talented guy like Allen. But I also don't think I want to bet against Max at current odds in a 5 round fight.

It's like we forget how good someone is sometimes because we are trying to wish the division into being more interesting.

Fade TJ Brown, the guy is a bum.
Guida DEC might be a good bet.
Royval is better than Nicolau but I don’t think he matches up well. Nicolau will probably chin him and then not finish him, as he likes to do.
Zellhuber is also worth it. Vannata is the smaller fighter and seems to be slowing down.

Once I tape I’ll write something more in-depth.

Royval is better than Nicolau but I don’t think he matches up well. Nicolau will probably chin him and then not finish him, as he likes to do.
Disagree hard.
Royval is a a fun action fighter but Nicolau is better everywhere.
I can see Nicolau outstriking him but he'll likely ground him and I would not be surprised if he subs him. Similar to the Casey Kenny/ Bontorin fight.
Royval can cause chaos and maybe catch Nicolau in a sub or knock him out.

Last edited:
Allen is the real deal...but are people sort of trying to usher Max out the door a bit early here? Like, I think there's a tendency when you have a stagnant situation at the top of a division with a clear champ that's fought the 2nd best guy 3 times and knowing there won't be a 4th fight to try to push the 2nd best guy aside so things can "look fresh".

Max was clearly outclassed by Volk last time out, but after seeing Volk be THAT competitive with Islam...I think most of us agree it's pretty clear that Volk is a different breed right now. An all time great that's right in the middle of his prime. Between those fights with Volk, Max dominated Kattar and won a competitive but clear decision vs a very good young fighter in Yair. Would everyone be rushing to get bets in on Allen at evens vs Yair? I can't say I would (would need to do more research but just off the top of my head it damn sure wouldn't be an instant play).

Now factor in that it's a 5 rounder. Max has proven elite cardio and output in numerous 5 round fights vs top tier talent. Allen has never gone past 3 rounds.

Max has SOME mileage, but he's 31, not 38. I don't know that I want to pay juice here vs a clearly up and coming talented guy like Allen. But I also don't think I want to bet against Max at current odds in a 5 round fight.

It's like we forget how good someone is sometimes because we are trying to wish the division into being more interesting.
I agree it's a good match and tough fight for both fighters, but Max has taken a LOT of damage. He might be 31, but in fight years, he is much older. He started young, fought many 5 round wars, and has stayed active the whole time. It's a matter of when, not if, that chins cracks. Allen is on a roll, skilled, powerful, athletic, young. They built his career very selectively with 10 straight wins in the UFC. It's a shame we didn't see more against Kattar to make a more informed decision, but at +150, well... it's gambling. I'll take the dog here.

Disagree hard.
Royval is a a fun action fighter but Nicolau is better everywhere.
I can see Nicolau outstriking him but he'll likely ground him and I would not be surprised if he subs him. Similar to the Casey Kenny/ Bontorin fight.
Royval can cause chaos and maybe catch Nicolau in a sub or knock him out.
When I said Royval was better, that might be an exaggeration. That said, I have a hard time seeing Nicolau beating someone like KKF. Nicolau is more solid but not as dangerous. I think they’re at a similar level, but Nicolau is a lot more sound, albeit not as opportunistic.

That said, I agree for the most part.

Hoping for back to back winning events profited about 300 on Israel/Perreria event

Pudilova-140(She wins by dec)
Phillips+155(He wins by Dec) WIll prob bet the over 1.5 the Over 2.5 is at +155 now
Gomes+180(She wins by KO) Will prob bet the UN 2.5+160
Zellhuber-115(He wins by dec) Possibly bet the OV 2.5-190
Rodriguez-105(She wins by Dec) Will prob bet the Over 2.5-125
Cummings-250(He wins by dec) OV 2.5-170
Nicolau-165(He wins by Dec) OV 2.5-165
Algeo-165(He wins by Dec)
Guida+180(He wins by dec)
Guiterrez-225(He wins by Dec)
Cutelba-125(He wins by Dec) Over 2.5+155 currently will prob bet the OV 1.5
Murzakhov+170(He wins by KO) UN 2.5-150
Barboza+140(he wins by dec) OV 2.5-125
Allen+150(He wins by Dec) OV 4.5-170

Very tempted to hit Phillips, Gaston is not a good fighter and I have no clue who his management had to blackmail to get him in the UFC.

Also want to fade Vannata in his return to LW.

Back