Media UFC "Hall of Fame": Legit or borderline bush league

Black Leprechaun

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Do they even offer any financial/ medical benefits or any sorts of perks like other major league organizations or just a glass trophy and a plaque thats hung next to a staircase in the P.I.?

1713100886898.png

1713101015126.png

1713100234969.png

It's bush league. Every major sport has a rigorous process for HoF nominations and votes, some of which is made public.

UFC Dana picks whomever he feels like and whomever is his buddy.

Same for title shots and other match making.

Super Bush League.

Hes in the "fight wing", so it's for that one fight, which he lost, and yet now he's in the HOF, but he isn't because it's a fight... Or something.

For the record, I'd add him eventually anyway - wasn't a GOAT fighter, or even a UFC champion, but we'll never forget him.

Sonnen's fight is being inducted which isn't a bad call. But it has more to do with Anderson overcoming adversity. In terms of the actual fight wing the only people that shouldn't be there are Bonnar and Cowboy. The rest are fine.

I think the fight wing is super weird and I can't quite get my head around it.

It strikes me as wrong to put a fighter in the HOF because their fight was inducted.

The fight is what is in the HOF, not the fighter.

I would get rid of the fight wing and the non fighters like the Tapout guy/s and just leave it for fighters.

Won't make people happy until they cave and let guys like Shamrock and Sylvia in but it would be better than it is now.

Still wouldn't call it Bush league though, I think almost every HOFer (fight wing aside) deserves to be there.

Bush league, everyone and their mom is in there, and afaik is nothing but a glass trophy for the fighters, i think Rampage made a comment about it.

It's bush league. Every major sport has a rigorous process for HoF nominations and votes, some of which is made public.

UFC Dana picks whomever he feels like and whomever is his buddy.

Same for title shots and other match making.
HOF isn’t about just accomplishments. It’s about who contributed to helping the sport grow and someone who won’t be forgotten. Chael is a legend of the sport

Jones and Andy
Sonnen got inducted for a fight, specifically the first Anderson Silva fight, Jones is still active but i think he is already there for some BS reason or probably as a fighter which would be weird, Anderson might already be there as well as a Fighter but he retired from MMA a while back.

Jones and Andy

Jon is in the fight wing for Gustafsson 1 where he didn't fail a test, and Anderson only ever popped out-of-competition. Both are very different than failing the test immediately after the fight and setting the company record for highest T:E ratio.

Last edited:
Jon is in the fight wing for Gustafsson 1 were he didn't fail a test, and Anderson only ever popped out-of-competition. Both are very different than failing the test immediately after the fight and setting the company record for highest T:E ratio.
Both were on steroids, failing out of competition doesn’t mean you didn’t bring those advantages to the fight. It also proves he was masking the PEDs before and after the fight but just got caught in camp.

It's pretty subjective and it's a bit early to have a HoF for a sport only 30 years old. It's not completely trash but it's not lined with record holders for long standing stats.

I love Rashad, but he's not great enough to be in there. And Obviously not Cerrone.
Matt Serra, maybe just because his GSP title win was the biggest upset in history.

Where's Frank Shamrock? There's your answer

Chael/Silva 1 was a classic. People still bring it up. UFC does their hof differently than most, having a pretentious committee to vote is cringe. HoF is just a spotlight for some guys. No idea why you think it should be anything besides a database. Most guys in it are legends.

Back