Media UFC "Hall of Fame": Legit or borderline bush league

I think the fight wing is super weird and I can't quite get my head around it.

It strikes me as wrong to put a fighter in the HOF because their fight was inducted.

The fight is what is in the HOF, not the fighter.

I would get rid of the fight wing and the non fighters like the Tapout guy/s and just leave it for fighters.

Won't make people happy until they cave and let guys like Shamrock and Sylvia in but it would be better than it is now.

Still wouldn't call it Bush league though, I think almost every HOFer (fight wing aside) deserves to be there.

The problem is the fight wing does kill the legitimacy of the entire concept because it is not just the fight but the fighters that get inducted. So having a single fight inducted carries the same title, ceremonies, and distinction for those fighters as it does those in the other "wings" supposedly based on career long achievements. Chael Sonnen, for losing a single fight, is now called a UFC hall of famer the exact same way as Royce Gracie.

HOF isn’t about just accomplishments. It’s about who contributed to helping the sport grow and someone who won’t be forgotten. Chael is a legend of the sport
I didn't even say if Chael did/didn't belong. I said the process for getting "in" is a joke.

It should be voted on by media and/or ex-fighters, like other sports.

If the voters are DC, Rogan, Bisping, Stann, Cruz, Ariel, Bronnstetter, GSP, Anderson etc. or some shit like that it'd be a lot more credible than the pink goof.

Back