UFC Images of 2023

Great retrospective, TS, and interesting call for 285 as your card of the year. Jon Jones is always mandatory viewing for any MMA fan; a memorable war between Neal and Shavkat, as well as standout prelim performances to load the lead cards, made for a great night.

However, 290 was my favorite. KO power from Bo, a journey through the valley of death from Hooker, DDP announcing himself as an elite contender, Pantoja outgritting Moreno in a bloodbath, and a lovely return to form at FW from Volk.

And let's not forget setting the stage with Robbie Lawler's fairytale finish of Niko Price to ride off into the sunset.

Unlike a few cynically pitched PPVs throughout the year, 290 felt like a reminder of what thoughtful MMA matchmaking can look like in the world's leading promotion.

....except for the Woodburn KO, but hey, the other fights were competitive/meaningful enough that seeing BO's hands pop was a nice treat.

We'll see how he does against that chimp to open UFC 300.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

Great retrospective, TS, and interesting call for 285 as your card of the year. Jon Jones is always mandatory viewing for any MMA fan; a memorable war between Neal and Shavkat, as well as standout prelim performances to load the lead cards, made for a great night.

However, 290 was my favorite. KO power from Bo, a journey through the valley of death from Hooker, DDP announcing himself as an elite contender, Pantoja outgritting Moreno in a bloodbath, and a lovely return to form at FW from Volk.

And let's not forget setting the stage with Robbie Lawler's fairytale finish of Niko Price to ride off into the sunset.

Unlike a few cynically pitched PPVs throughout the year, 290 felt like a reminder of what thoughtful MMA matchmaking can look like in the world's leading promotion.

....except for the Woodburn KO, but hey, the other fights were competitive/meaningful enough that seeing BO's hands pop was a nice treat.

We'll see how he does against that chimp to open UFC 300.

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete
Forgot Hooker/Turner, definitely should have included a picture of them. Yeah 290 is the only other card I'd consider in the conversation with 285, & it's a good debate to be had.

All in all it was a pretty solid year for the dying corpse of ufc.

Fabulous thread. My favorite image of the year is Aldana and Rosa in hospital as happy hooligans.

Another great one is Adesanya after slaying Perreira with the vicious right, doing the warrior bow and arrow celebration.

And Grasso after submitting Valentina.

The Jones shush is a very good one. Looking right at the camera, Gane in the background with a "what the fuck happened" face.

Back