UFC in the UK , very possibly on BTSport

Someday you guys will have to pay $54.95 like the rest of us

Yeah, because watching the main card at 4-9PM on a Saturday is exactly the same as watching it at 3AM Sunday morning.

FZI835QFHWN76OD.LARGE.jpg

Not really bothered where it goes, I thought ESPN was fine even though they have missed some of the Fuel shows.

Though whoever did the post fight press conference and said that they will have more to offer us is obviously chatting shit, it will be the same.

Apparently it might not be available on Virgin Media,which would suck big time.

Agreed that Sky Sports wouldve been the best platform,stick it on the Sky channel that shows wrestling etc. Would defo increase the fanbase.
Is this is true i will blow my fuckin top haha

As long as it'll be available via Sky, in HD and won't cost much more than ESPN currently does, I'll be happy.

Edit: It'll be nice to have some of the Fuel shows and maybe ESPN Live(which ESPN UK themselves abandoned for some reason) too.

I used to work for them, mate. You shouldn't have been given the TV package because you need at least an estimated speed of 2.5mbps (which is still slow). They broke their own company policy by doing so. However, the environment is solely target driven, so they sell you that even though you can't have it because you'll lose your job if not. They're incredibly careful to point out that you can get "up to" 16mb, which is empty words and not the speed you should expect.

I lost my job there (happily, may I add) because I didn't up sell when people didn't need stuff and missed my targets every week. I never got complaint calls though. I wouldn't have given you BT Vision because it wouldn't have worked. It's shocking you were sold it. Scalpers, mate.

Absolutly shocking !

It will be exactly the same as espn uk. Maybe with a few extra pre fight shows.

I'm in Ireland and I get ESPN free with the sports package on sky so i hope i don't end up having to pay for another channel. Not sure I could justify it when I only record it and watch it Sunday.

Is this is true i will blow my fuckin top haha

"Will BT Sport be available on Virgin Media?

We will offer BT Sport on Virgin Media if it makes commercial sense to do so.

It's unlikely that BT will sell the channel directly to customers as this is not the way Virgin Media operates."

and..

"We do not know if it will be available over cable but we are in discussion with Virgin Media on this. "

Source: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/?s_cid=con_social_tw_sportfaqs

Yh agreed,if its not on Virgin Media ill go crazy lol

Hmm, i don't think i have that channel. I hope the Sky rumours are true

"Will BT Sport be available on Virgin Media?

We will offer BT Sport on Virgin Media if it makes commercial sense to do so.

It's unlikely that BT will sell the channel directly to customers as this is not the way Virgin Media operates."

and..

"We do not know if it will be available over cable but we are in discussion with Virgin Media on this. "

Source: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43272/?s_cid=con_social_tw_sportfaqs

Yh agreed,if its not on Virgin Media ill go crazy lol
Thanks for the heads up , like previously stated hu wants bt vision it is absolute shit.

And i heard about a fox sport channel on the horizon ?? Or is this not available in the uk ??

Exactly. Sky Sports is sport as much as anyone might deny that. If the UFC got on there...

It would die a death. Cricket, F1, Rugby, Golf and even the holy grail of football have fewer viewers on Sky than they do or did on Terrestrial TV. SKY buys sports that are already established they don't take small sports like MMA(UK wise) and build them up.

while there maybe be the odd problem in the begining,it can only be good news,i hated espn uk,they treated uk mma fans like shit imo,so much so,i got them removed from my package,i've never saw a live event for ages because of my dislike of them....is Tim Sylvia still the champion ?:icon_lol:

How did they treat MMA fans like shit? We went from Bravo having 24hr delay and edited to fuck, to Setanta showing a few live shows and a UK based PPV before going bust, then ESPN showing every PPV live. They only shows they had trouble with were the ones that weren't around at the time they made the deal with the UFC, even then they showed then as close to live as possible. If you expect ESPN to put aside some of it's highest viewed programs so they can show a Fuel card your naive.

Apparently it might not be available on Virgin Media,which would suck big time.

Agreed that Sky Sports wouldve been the best platform,stick it on the Sky channel that shows wrestling etc. Would defo increase the fanbase.

As stated above sports on SKY lose viewers they don't gain them, SKY Sports would be the death of the UFC in the UK.

I said in the other thread BTSport looked a good bet considering they are buying out ESPN that said they have no real record to go by so who knows what they will do with it or how much they will charge. They have been buying up a few sports and spending a lot of money I don't see it being as cheap as ESPN. Plus BT has a terrible reputation on customer service and bad service on everything so might not be that great for MMA fans.

Sorry for been lazy so btsport or whatever the fuck it is won't be available on sky? ohh ffs is so.

America only.

Fox is the same as Sky over here

They have a FOX channel formerly FX and have shown an interest in opening more channels in the UK so it's possible but it would still be a channel with a small audience which isn't what the UFC needs.

Too early to say BT, SKY and Virgin are all still in talks.

Surely it's in the best intrests of everyone and mainly the fans if it becomes available on both sky and virgin considering how many people have sky and also virgin media.

Back