UFC is still disrespecting Jose Aldo's legacy till this day

No but aldo is not conor
C'mon man, Aldo isn't a PPV headliner at this point he hasn't fought in the UFC in years. Pantoja is a defending champion. Of course he's going to headline the card.

Aldo has always been treated MORE than fairly. He never got the LW title shot because he's unreliable. this cannot be debated, there is no long reigning champ that is less reliable than Aldo. He pulled out of events CONSTANTLY (caused the Second Event cancellation of all time) during his title reign, Can't imagine why they would EVER want someone like that to have one title. Let alone two.
If the idea is that Connor was the better pick for getting the shot, he never defended either belt once. And cherry picking Aldo as some unreliable champ is odd considering there are a ton of other champs that were difficult to work with - Jones for one.

Aldo not getting the opportunity was because his request pre-dates UFCs recognition that they can market the heck out of double champs but they are very much because Connor was a money machine for a while. Aldo not getting favour was because of money. He had 9 defenses, not many folks have that many chances for issues.

Aldo was, imo, the most well rounded fighter when he retired (first time).

I think his flaw was his cardio and throwing everything with power which would drain him. By the time he learned how to ease up a bit he was already aged (worn).

I'm not so sure about this fight coming up. Is this his last fight on his contract? If so I hope it is a one and done then go off and do what he wants and leave the UFC behind.

He defended 5x. Aldo defended the belt 9x if you count the WEC.

Max could move up in weight and hang with the top from LW while Aldo was forced to move down from FW to go for the title.

Max has a bigger frame and is 5 years younger... him beating Aldo takes nothing away from Aldo's FW greatness
Aldo definitely could beat some LW champs like Pettis and Alvarez

If the idea is that Connor was the better pick for getting the shot, he never defended either belt once.
Hindsight is irrelevent.

Before conor won that title off aldo he fought 4 times that year, After beatin Aldo conor turned right around to fight RDA not even 4 months later.

All indictations showed that conor was willing and able to fight often. Even after losing to diaz they rematched right away.

at this time, Jones had no steroid failures, Or arrests Jones unreliability didn't occur until about after fighting DC. Which was like his 8th title fight or something. In terms of pull outs, he only had one from an injury he got for the DC fight. Also not taking the chael fight that wasn't really him being unreliable, That was Henderson's fault.

They are promoters first and foremost, don't take it personally and I highly doubt Aldo does either. Just marketing going on that is all.
This, exactly.

All of those 3 are fantastic FW's and all could beat the others on any given night.

#4 They didn't give him the Connor rematch, he had a good chance of winning that.

Back